Where Will They Play?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Where Will They Play?

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:UKcanuck, are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party of Britain? :hmmm:
A coal miners daughter.

Rather flinty.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Linden could have been a hero as Pot says  or he could have been Judas...one thing is pretty clear he was run out of the PA leadership at the time...doesnt sound like a hero really....  
Not true. Linden served as NHLPA President for a full year after the agreement was signed (July 2005). When his term came up Linden announced (July 2006) that he had chosen not not run again. Linden served as President of the NHLPA for 8 years in total.

Meanwhile NHLPA Executive Director and General Counsel... and Chelios pal... Bob Goodenow was forced to resign 5 days after the agreement.
okay point taken, I'm not that heart broken to retract my besmirch of Linden anyway, like I said he's one of my all time Canucks 

However, that doesn't mean I'm backing off the rest of the original post, the 2004 CBA was a capitulation by the players and it's not clear that's what the PA really wanted even at the time. 
Strangelove wrote: UKcanuck, are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party of Britain?
lol I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I might resemble that! 
Hey Doc Conspiracy, don't you ever wonder how much they told us about the communist party during the cold war was utter bullshit? Some of it had to be, the Vietnam war and the Domino effect was. 
Hell  apparently Castro is a communist ...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:UKcanuck, are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party of Britain? :hmmm:
A coal miners daughter.

Rather flinty.
Lol a milf only Topper could love...well Topper and Denis anyway ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote: UKcanuck, are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party of Britain? :hmmm:
A coal miners daughter.

Rather flinty.
Dirty shit-eating commies. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote: UKcanuck, are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party of Britain? :hmmm:
A coal miners daughter.

Rather flinty.
Dirty shit-eating commies. :hmmm:
lol that would be a no then!! :) :)
everything we were told about the communists is true... :shock:
I would have thought the guy who thinks (finger on nose) the moon landings are farce would consider the same people would lie about the ruskies as well?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: everything we were told about the communists is true... :shock:
Well truth be told the commies are much MUCH worse than that. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

ukcanuck wrote: lol that would be a no then!! :) :)
I would have thought the guy who thinks (finger on nose) the moon landings are farce would consider the same people would lie about the ruskies as well?
Fact of the matter is Communism, as the Soviets practiced it, failed economically. Unless the CIA was lying to its own people (okay, that may be plausible), recently declassified reports on the Soviet Union essentially said that as much as the Soviets knew their system wasn't working (hell, they started IMPORTING grain as far back as the 70s) and tried to adapt, economically the clock was ticking on them. The only places communism works is in places where it looks drastically different from what Marx and Lenin espoused way back when. Hell, China looks more like Nazi germany economically in many ways (and one may argue many others as well).

Capitalism, like democracy, isn't perfect but it's better than the alternatives you see around the world.

My $0.02.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Lancer wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: lol that would be a no then!! :) :)
Fact of the matter is Communism, as the Soviets practiced it, failed economically. Unless the CIA was lying to its own people (okay, that may be plausible), recently declassified reports on the Soviet Union essentially said that as much as the Soviets knew their system wasn't working (hell, they started IMPORTING grain as far back as the 70s) and tried to adapt, economically the clock was ticking on them. The only places communism works is in places where it looks drastically different from what Marx and Lenin espoused way back when. Hell, China looks more like Nazi germany economically in many ways (and one may argue many others as well).

Capitalism, like democracy, isn't perfect but it's better than the alternatives you see around the world.

My $0.02.

One might argue that whatever the soviet union was after the rise of Stalin to the fall of the Berlin wall was neither Communism or Marxism, most likely it was just a nasty bureaucratic human rights violation...it might be a mistake to judge the merits of communism or lack there of on the basis of the experience in Russia...but hell if I know, I was trying to get a rise out of Doc, he hates communists :) almost as much as locked out hockey players who refuse to just behave..
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Which communist country has suceeded ? You certainly can't include China, Vietnam or Cuba. Both China and Russia were reigns of terror to protect the well being of the mother state, "all for one and one for all." When in fact it ended with knocks on the door at midnight and more a kind of "you pretend to work and we'll pretend to pay you" I was in Russia in the 60's and China while Mao was leader, pre the Red Revolution. The old days in Poland where the official exchange szloties to the pound was 64 but you could get 350 on the street ( a true indicator of the fear people lived under) It wasn't good but some thing you'll never ever forget. I recall Hungary and the Czechoslovakia uprising. I recall a Polish represntitive of the Government being recalled to Poland after living in Canada for 16 years. He had a 15 year old son who he gave up and left in Vcr rather than take him back to Warsaw to a life of eating rabbit meat and growing your own vegitables because there was no food.

Communisim.Socilaism was a failed experiment
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:Which communist country has suceeded ? You certainly can't include China, Vietnam or Cuba. Both China and Russia were reigns of terror to protect the well being of the mother state, "all for one and one for all." When in fact it ended with knocks on the door at midnight and more a kind of "you pretend to work and we'll pretend to pay you" I was in Russia in the 60's and China while Mao was leader, pre the Red Revolution. The old days in Poland where the official exchange szloties to the pound was 64 but you could get 350 on the street ( a true indicator of the fear people lived under) It wasn't good but some thing you'll never ever forget. I recall Hungary and the Czechoslovakia uprising. I recall a Polish represntitive of the Government being recalled to Poland after living in Canada for 16 years. He had a 15 year old son who he gave up and left in Vcr rather than take him back to Warsaw to a life of eating rabbit meat and growing your own vegitables because there was no food.

Communisim.Socilaism was a failed experiment
I agree that no communist country has ever succeeded for long, but then I don't think any country you could name has been actually communist in the way Karl Marx would have envisioned it anyway. Some have paid lip service to the idea of it but the problem with a system that comes into power through revolution is it's always at the mercy of counter-revolution...Animal Farm
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Meanwhile, after the interrim decision by the Swedish Competition Authority that the agreement among the SEL teams not to hire lockout players amounts to an illegal cartel, their organisation, Svenska Hockeyligan ( after a 10-2 vote), announced that they would appeal this in court, but Modo has stated that following the preliminary verdict they are now looking at adding NHL players to the roster. Three cheers for Nazzy and Foppa! 8-)

The other team supposedly voting against the appeal would be Frölunda. One wonders why. What could possibly the team that raised the 2012 Vezina winner Henrik Lundquist, the 2012 Norris winner Erik Karlsson and the 20th best point scorer in the NHL in 2012, Loui Eriksson (26G 55A 71P) stand to gain from this? Hmmmmmm.... :eh:

And, heck, if those three arrive, maybe even old Daniel Alfredsson would consider playing a few games for his old team? :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

ukcanuck wrote:I agree that no communist country has ever succeeded for long, but then I don't think any country you could name has been actually communist in the way Karl Marx would have envisioned it anyway. Some have paid lip service to the idea of it but the problem with a system that comes into power through revolution is it's always at the mercy of counter-revolution...Animal Farm
Strange i was just discssing Animal Farm at a Dinner last night. Remember first and fore most it was a novel I also recall "All pigs are equal except some are more equal than others "

Marx had a dream or fantasy there was no relationship with reality. It's like Union leaders creaming off Directors bonuses from Union Pension funds. Every one has dreams just like Marx but most dreams are about themselves or their families. Marx dreams f***ked and entire country and millions of people be they dead or alive :cry:

Best we all stick to rality :lol:
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I agree that no communist country has ever succeeded for long, but then I don't think any country you could name has been actually communist in the way Karl Marx would have envisioned it anyway. Some have paid lip service to the idea of it but the problem with a system that comes into power through revolution is it's always at the mercy of counter-revolution...Animal Farm
Strange i was just discssing Animal Farm at a Dinner last night. Remember first and fore most it was a novel I also recall "All pigs are equal except some are more equal than others "

Marx had a dream or fantasy there was no relationship with reality. It's like Union leaders creaming off Directors bonuses from Union Pension funds. Every one has dreams just like Marx but most dreams are about themselves or their families. Marx dreams f***ked and entire country and millions of people be they dead or alive :cry:

interestingly enough I was reminded of Animal Farm and the way the pigs take over the farm and pervert the idea that all animals are equal by adding "except some are more equal than others" bit, when I read that the NHL is a Ranch and the players are the cattle quote by Detroit's Jimmy "the pig" Devellano...
all joking aside what a nasty and disrespectful comment by a bootlick.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Fred wrote:

marx and engels...unsophisticated pigs...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

ukcanuck wrote:
Fred wrote:

interestingly enough I was reminded of Animal Farm and the way the pigs take over the farm and pervert the idea that all animals are equal by adding "except some are more equal than others" bit, when I read that the NHL is a Ranch and the players are the cattle quote by Detroit's Jimmy "the pig" Devellano...
all joking aside what a nasty and disrespectful comment by a bootlick.
Devalano's second career choice was not philosophy. As a rule we give far to much weight to some of these comments. At that same dinner I attended last night Lucics name came up and I said if he wasn't playing hockey chnace are he'd be involved with another business venture that Commercial Drive is famous for ....or doing time. These people are not paragons of virtue or intelect. The fact that they can find their way home of an evening is all they need to know, and that's maybe streching it :lol:
cheers