Where Will They Play?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Where Will They Play?

Post by Per »

Tanti09 wrote:
Per wrote:Mason Raymond has signed a contract for eleven games with Örebro in the Swedish second tier league.

Per, what's the standard of this league? Given the fact it's not even the best league in your country, I'm assuming Raymond "should" light it up?
Well, the problem is that the SEL teams have made a pact saying they won't sign lockout players. Our second tier league will though. So, what's the standard? Hard to say. I'd say the SEL is slightly better than the AHL, with more skills but less physical hockey. Allsvenskan, our second tier league is clearly not as good as the SEL/AHL level, yet ECHL players often struggle here. Perhaps just above ECHL?

Let's look at some of the players who are already here, shall we?

Player name - - - GP G A TP
Anze Kopitar.... 28 10 23 33
Patrik Berglund. 28 20 11 31
Marcus Nilsson... 32 7 24 31
Mikael Backlund 23 12 18 30
Gabriel Landeskog 17 6 8 14
Bobby Ryan......... 8 8 4 12
Patric Hörnqvist... 10 2 3 5
Janne Niinimaa..... 6 1 3 4
Douglas Murray.... 14 1 2 3
Nicklas Grossman... 4 0 1 1
Jonathan Ericsson... 4 0 1 1

There's also a career AHLer doing alright; Evan McGrath 32 18 18 36

Should be good for Raymond. He'll get a lot of ice time and should be able to score quite a bit, helping him gain confidence.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Where Will They Play?

Post by Per »

Fred wrote:
Per wrote:Kristian Huselius has signed with AIK in the SEL for the rest of the season.
I wonder how much Huselius has left ? He was a player, UFA, that I thought might be a good fit here. Great passer of the puck. In fact I often wondered why TO didn't sign him to set up Kessel The only reason I could come up with is maybe father time has caught up with him. Se if he can set up Jensen for a few more :D
Five games.

Five games was what Huselius had left. He scored two goals and had one assist, but he was playing on painkillers and his hip kept getting worse. He has now decided to call it quits and hang up his skates. Mind you, he's only 34. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.