There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: There will be a strike

Post by Hockey Widow »

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (114.4 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
The only HW the Canucks need
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

"MAHOLTRA," is that Don Cherry drawing up the lineups?
ukcanuck wrote:oh and as far as the players are concerned, I don't believe they care much, but they have demonstrated on several occasions that they definitely care more than the owners. (give or take an aquaman or two anyway)
What a bizarre argument to try to make.. I can't imagine how convoluted it would get trying to objectively look at everything either party does and attempt to categorize it as caring or not, self-interested or not, etc etc etc.

So does Terry Pegula (who is sinking tens of millions into a franchise that won't earn it back) count as someone who "cares"? Does Shane Doan (who gave a discount to a team tied to the area where he has personally put down roots)? Do the Senators who went without paycheques while the team was bankrupt and if so is it the franchise or the city that they "care" about? Does a player showing up at Canuck Place prove that they "care" or is it just that they are attending compulsory events put on by their employer (in which case this proves that it's ownership that "cares" rather than the players)?

:crazy:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I don't care.

Except for bear.

I care for bear.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:I don't care.

Except for bear.

I care for bear.
not sure who cares more?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote:
donlever wrote:The NHL can bring Kate Upton to my front doorstep and have her carress my nut sack and I'm still out.
Of the closet.
..made me lol, but nonsensical regardless as I did not say I would not accept the caress, just that it would do no good in terms of the leagues desires.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

rats19 wrote:

Except for bear.

I care for bear.
not sure who cares more?
Phil Collins doesn't.
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dbr wrote:"MAHOLTRA," is that Don Cherry drawing up the lineups?
ukcanuck wrote:oh and as far as the players are concerned, I don't believe they care much, but they have demonstrated on several occasions that they definitely care more than the owners. (give or take an aquaman or two anyway)
What a bizarre argument to try to make.. I can't imagine how convoluted it would get trying to objectively look at everything either party does and attempt to categorize it as caring or not, self-interested or not, etc etc etc.

So does Terry Pegula (who is sinking tens of millions into a franchise that won't earn it back) count as someone who "cares"? Does Shane Doan (who gave a discount to a team tied to the area where he has personally put down roots)? Do the Senators who went without paycheques while the team was bankrupt and if so is it the franchise or the city that they "care" about? Does a player showing up at Canuck Place prove that they "care" or is it just that they are attending compulsory events put on by their employer (in which case this proves that it's ownership that "cares" rather than the players)?

:crazy:
I suppose its a subjective argument which makes it difficult or almost impossible to prove conclusively, but I don't hunt and don't have much of an opinion to be subjective or objective about on that other lockout supported thread :)
However, I'd like to see how anyone could subjectively or objectively argue that the average hockey player raised in the average small town being supported and cheered by the local community could be less caring about the average fan than a silver spoon raised, disconnected from the common man, private school school going, let em eat cake rich guy.
overly stereotypical I assume would be the argument, sure there are exceptions, one could list assholes on both sides all day but I'm comfortable with the stereotype.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:
rats19 wrote:

Except for bear.

I care for bear.
not sure who cares more?
Phil Collins doesn't.
nor does Richie Blackmore:

After years of being completely overlooked by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, pioneering hard rockers Deep Purple received word last week that they are among the nominees this year. But if you’re hoping for an epic reunion jam on ‘Highway Star’ at this year’s ceremony, not so fast — in a new interview, former Purple guitarist Ritchie Blackmore says he has no interest in whether the band is inducted or not.
“Personally, I couldn’t care less,” the guitarist tells Billboard. “I would never go. I’m not really a fan of that stuff. Considering some of the people that are in the Hall of Fame, I’m not sure if it’s a good idea, so I don’t care one way or the other, actually.”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

rats19 wrote: nor does Richie Blackmore:
He is, however, a Highway Star!
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:
Topper wrote:
donlever wrote:The NHL can bring Kate Upton to my front doorstep and have her carress my nut sack and I'm still out.
Of the closet.
..made me lol, but nonsensical regardless as I did not say I would not accept the caress, just that it would do no good in terms of the leagues desires.
I was thinking based on money invested and attitude towards the NHL, you'd get Kate and I'd get Roseanne Barr... then my mind wandered from the dent on the stoop of my front door and the vice like grip the caress would need to be to keep from screaming into the night.
all things considered I'd rather have the bear than the Barr...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:
rats19 wrote: nor does Richie Blackmore:
He is, however, a Highway Star!
a real space trucker...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Deep Purple further cheapens the RRHOF.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

ukcanuck wrote: overly stereotypical I assume would be the argument,
Ya think :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Deep Purple further cheapens the RRHOF.
shirley you jest...
they are considered around the #35 of all time best rock bands...Can I be Frank?...there has to be room in the RRHOF for #35...come on ...come on...lets go space truckin... :crazy:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

As predicted....

NHLPA flips Gary the bird.

They give 3 proposals all based around the "unlinked" system they proposed in their first offer. They know full well that the owners will never give up linkage so the reality is that they are not prepared to negotiate any type of give backs from the previous cba.

Right now it is virtually a given that a significant portion of the season will be missed.