There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rede
CC Veteran

Re: There will be a strike

Post by Rede »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I really hope when they pull the pin on the season that they do not have a weighted lottery for the 2013 draft. 30 teams, 30 balls, not 3 balls for teams like the leaves, Flames and Coilers because they sucked shit for the last three years, and 1 ball for the teams who actually made the playoffs.
Or the union just decertifies and there is never a draft again...
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Finally, some good lockout news...no all-star game.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

if the players decertify.....which they won't .........I say Bettman calls their bluff. Can you say no NHL for the next two + years.

If I am Fehr I use the threat of de-certification and get a deal done... cut your losses ( for both sides ) and stop the pissing contest. People are out of work all over the place, salaries slashed like a hindu with a machete. Time to make a deal........ Hannukah....err Christmas is coming. people are pinched, clamped whatever for money. As much as I am a pessimist, I see a deal done in the next 6 weeks.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:if the players decertify.....which they won't .........I say Bettman calls their bluff. Can you say no NHL for the next two + years.

If I am Fehr I use the threat of de-certification and get a deal done... cut your losses ( for both sides ) and stop the pissing contest. People are out of work all over the place, salaries slashed like a hindu with a machete. Time to make a deal........ Hannukah....err Christmas is coming. people are pinched, clamped whatever for money. As much as I am a pessimist, I see a deal done in the next 6 weeks.
I swear I've heard this before.. Oh yeah about a month ago when I got slammed for suggesting that would be a tactic the PA would look at...

Two years is the window that's gonna bring the very real possibility that the NHL folds like Hostess twinkies
Mutually assured destruction at work...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:if the players decertify.....which they won't .........I say Bettman calls their bluff. Can you say no NHL for the next two + years.

I swear I've heard this before.. Oh yeah about a month ago when I got slammed for suggesting that would be a tactic the PA would look at...

Two years is the window that's gonna bring the very real possibility that the NHL folds like Hostess twinkies
But UK...you get slammed for everything, so whats your point? :sly:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

But UK...you get slammed for everything, so whats your point? :sly:
Some days the sunshines even on a dog's ass I guess
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

But UK...you get slammed for everything, so whats your point? :sly
gotta ..keep on keepin on UK...doin good my friend :D
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

De-certifiacation isn't going to happen.

The players will not expose themselves to the whims of a market place. without the security of regulated pensions, insurance and league discipline.

A huge step backwards. Back to the time were third fourth liners may need day jobs. No pension, no insurance, no cap floor, no control on disciplinary action, no control on being sent to the minors or cut. Alan Eagleson's worst days are better than what they'd get out of de-certification.

Not to mention the pitfall of trying that are outlined in Bobby Mac's recent TSN column.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
But UK...you get slammed for everything, so whats your point? :sly
gotta ..keep on keepin on UK...doin good my friend :D
Hey I figure maybe once or twice in a long while someone has something other than an opinion. The rest if the time it's basically skeet shooting, I just pull the trigger more than some, mostly out of wanting the entertainment than anything else :)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^^^ Speaking of "pulling the trigger" what's the deal with Blackhawk players and death-threats.

Chelios in '94 and now Bolland:
http://www.csnchicago.com/hockey-chicag ... edID=10334

Jonah Deschamps (@jdeschamps6) sent this tweet out, regarding NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, earlier on Friday:

@jdeschamps6: “@DaveBolland can I get a RT for wanting Bettman dead?”

It was an ugly message, for sure. But what’s worse is, Bolland did retweet it. It was another case of a player speaking, tweeting – or in this case, retweeting – without thinking.

Sick fuckin joker....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Gotta love the asshole in Bettman getting Bolland off his rocker. I wonder if he could play right wing.......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote:Gotta love the asshole in Bettman getting Bolland off his rocker. I wonder if he could play right wing.......
Hmmmm...
If you need air...call it in
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Nobody should be surprised at Bolland's comments.This moron is as smart as a bag of nails.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

No wonder Chicago wants to send him to Vancouver for Luongo, it's a strategic move by them, dumping their bad apples onto their most hated rivals for a classy professional in Luongo.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Looks like the mediators have already been shown the door and the PA is one step closer to going nuclear.
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Looks like next stop will be NHLPA Disclaimer of Interest, meaning Fehr no longer represents players. Similar to decertifying, but faster.
Dreger is reporting that Bettman is suggesting just the owners and players meet sans himself, Daly and the Fehrs. PA is deliberating and has not answered yet.