There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: There will be a strike

Post by dbr »

ukcanuck wrote:First off I am a government employee and it took 6 years of university to qualify for the job and another 5 years to learn to be good at it and quite frankly I doubt if the average person would be able to tell if I'm doing a good job or bad one. There is a whole field of study based on the effects of what my industry has on society and the smartest most educated people on the planet can't decide what's the diagnosis and prognosis till decades after the fact.
So basically by the time we figure out just how useless you are, you'll be collecting your pension. :sly:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dbr wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:First off I am a government employee and it took 6 years of university to qualify for the job and another 5 years to learn to be good at it and quite frankly I doubt if the average person would be able to tell if I'm doing a good job or bad one. There is a whole field of study based on the effects of what my industry has on society and the smartest most educated people on the planet can't decide what's the diagnosis and prognosis till decades after the fact.
So basically by the time we figure out just how useless you are, you'll be collecting your pension. :sly:
Lol yeah about right, but the system is welcome for my contributions in the form of tuition, taxes, blood, sweat and tears. and thanks to microwave ovens, chem trails, and Genetically modified foods, i'll probably only live long enough to collect one or two or two pension cheques :)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

As someone who also works in government, not all workers are lazy. It is the collective agreements that does not give management the ability to deal with poor workers.

So another week gone by and the little kids still cannot agree on what to agree on. All I know is that in 2019/2020 there will be another strike regardless of what happens here.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

After reading Steve Fehr's three things, the one that stood out was who covers the cost of the lockout.

Appears players are looking to get compensated for games cancelled.

I believe last weeks talks were the result of NBC picking up the phone and calling the NHL and the NHLPA for a chat about the winter classic. A big News Years kick off to the Sunday NBC games that fill a hole after the NFL closes shop, while giving an alternative to the meaningless NCAA FB games of the day.

Oh, based on Sid's comments, he is still a kid.

When did BC Fairies open an office in the UK?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote:After reading Steve Fehr's three things, the one that stood out was who covers the cost of the lockout.

Appears players are looking to get compensated for games cancelled.
I would love to hear Bettman's response to that one. Basically it would sound a lot like. "Haha, you stupid Ba$!@&d. If you would have accepted our first offer, you wouldn't have missed any games. Oh, and don't expect us to 'compensate' the players for the lost season next fall when they capitulate and finally sign the same agreement we showed you in September"

I appreciate Fehr negotiating hard for the players, but with every game missed, he's losing ground that he will never regain.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: After reading Steve Fehr's three things, the one that stood out was who covers the cost of the lockout.
Here is what Fehr will do within a few days imo: Accept the – 50-50 split + linkage + make whole + revenue-sharing + 5% max on back-diving contracts - that the owners have on the table. Just say ‘no’ to the other proposed player contract rules. Drop his silly “who covers the cost of the lockout?” BS.

The owners will sign on the dotted line.

Actually he’ll probably try for more bucks in the ‘make whole’ package, but therein lies the deal.
Topper wrote: When did BC Fairies open an office in the UK?
:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
When did BC Fairies open an office in the UK?
Hahaha Can I get at least an autocorrect on that one?

You ought to start wrighting stand up material there deadpan king lol
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The PA should really put a gag on some of its members.

Crosby comes off as a moron. The NHL are the ones who have initiated every round of talks with new proposals.

My favourite is listening to the PA talk about the "players" in their profession and wanting to get back to playing.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go play paramedic in the ambulance. Fuck actually working. I'm gonna go play.

Loser NHL hockey players. Go get some real jobs.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Mëds wrote:The PA should really put a gag on some of its members.

Crosby comes off as a moron. The NHL are the ones who have initiated every round of talks with new proposals.

My favourite is listening to the PA talk about the "players" in their profession and wanting to get back to playing.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go play paramedic in the ambulance. Fuck actually working. I'm gonna go play.

Loser NHL hockey players. Go get some real jobs.

Crosby is a moron...he is a kid who is fed softball hand picked media questions with canned answers already supplied by his handlers...if Sid had to answer an arbitrary question without the puppetmasters finger up his ass he would be lost...but he sure can play hockey...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, is this how low we have now sunk?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2012/11/ ... y-cup.html

Cricket, instead of hockey..... :crazy:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote:So, is this how low we have now sunk?

Test Cricket beats the hell out of the One Day game.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Topper wrote:
Per wrote:So, is this how low we have now sunk?

Test Cricket beats the hell out of the One Day game.
Kinda like watching paint dry? a 2 day chore or more with oil paint.. 1 day with latex...
and cricket is just about as active..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Not a bad analysis by White:

"I got to be honest, I personally think he's an idiot,'' White said of Bettman. "Since he's come in I think he's done nothing but damage the game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bettman is an ivy league grad . White probably has a grade 10 education at best. Bettman must be the idiot. :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cue the obligatory Dogsalmon~Bettman quote...
If you need air...call it in