Arnott

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Arnott

Postby paddy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 am

RoyalDude wrote:I like this direction, if we can sign both Doan and Arnott, I wonder if Gillis could talk Trevor Linden into coming out of retirement...

WTF is this, Victoria B.C. of the NHL, the Last Stop before Heaven, or should I say 'Old Timers Hockey'. All this reminds me of the Blues Brothers..."we are gettin' the band back together"


It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
paddy
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:42 am
Location: kits

Re: Arnott

Postby clem » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 am

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Fix the cigarette lighter.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Arnott

Postby Jovocop » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:09 am

Fred wrote:Listening on 1040 today they mentioned that Arnott's attitude leaves a lot to be desired which I guess is why St L didn't re-sign him. I've heard that before but honestly thought age would have knocked the corners off his attitude, well apparently not


Arnott's attitude? What about it? I have never heard of that before.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby clem » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 am

Arnott didn't leave St Louis on good terms.

He was upset about being pulled from the playoffs (after an injury slowed him - further - according to coaches).
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Arnott

Postby Strangelove » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Mondi wrote:Arnott had 17 goals...Doan 22.


Riiiiight, you're the Goals Are The Only Thing That Matters Guy! :crazy:

Well Arnott had 6 goals in his last 37 games with St Lou: put THAT in your hookah pipe and smoke it Mustafa! :evil:

(this was due to the fact his icetime decreased as his game devolved in his party-hard old-age...)

And Doan scored 5 more goals in the PLAYOFFS versus Arnott's 1.

Mondi wrote:And yet you're thinking Doan at 4 times the price?


Actually a number of NHL GMs are thinking that (prolly cuz they do more than just scan the goals category). :roll:

Doan hits 10 times as often as Arnott and twice as hard, Doan checks/blocks-shots, Arnott doesn't, Doan....

wait a minute... find another teacher or just stick to your Goals Scored stats for all I care!! :twisted:

... but think about WHY Mr Doan is in fact going to get 4 times what Mr Arnott gets.Image

BTW, just curious, is it a coincidence you only slag Christian players (Booth, Luongo, Doan)?
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:08 pm

If the Canucks go out and get Arnott, I think they'll have to buyout or waive Malhotra.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby Mondi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mondi wrote:Arnott had 17 goals...Doan 22.


Riiiiight, you're the Goals Are The Only Thing That Matters Guy! :crazy:

Well Arnott had 6 goals in his last 37 games with St Lou: put THAT in your hookah pipe and smoke it Mustafa! :evil:

(this was due to the fact his icetime decreased as his game devolved in his party-hard old-age...)

And Doan scored 5 more goals in the PLAYOFFS versus Arnott's 1.

Mondi wrote:And yet you're thinking Doan at 4 times the price?


Actually a number of NHL GMs are thinking that (prolly cuz they do more than just scan the goals category). :roll:

Doan hits 10 times as often as Arnott and twice as hard, Doan checks/blocks-shots, Arnott doesn't, Doan....

wait a minute... find another teacher or just stick to your Goals Scored stats for all I care!! :twisted:

... but think about WHY Mr Doan is in fact going to get 4 times what Mr Arnott gets.Image

BTW, just curious, is it a coincidence you only slag Christian players (Booth, Luongo, Doan)?


I like that last sentence...very astute SL. Thank "God" you noticed.

If Arnott has a bad attitude, we don't want him on the team. Doan will help, just not enough and he will be a terrible value at ages 38 and 39.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby SKYO » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 pm

clem wrote:Arnott didn't leave St Louis on good terms.

He was upset about being pulled from the playoffs (after an injury slowed him - further - according to coaches).


That explains it, and with Kesler gone till December http://bit.ly/OJLUiw, I'd rather sign Arnott on a cheap one year deal to help with the Canucks center loss for a few months, possibly longer! :o Rather than try to see how the diminutive Schroeder can hold up, I think that is a little too long of time for a rookie like JS to try to shoulder on for this contender.

That is unless MG acquires something like Matthias(2nd/3rd line center), Ellerby and Petrovic for RL. :look:
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby Jovocop » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Mondi wrote:
I like that last sentence...very astute SL. Thank "God" you noticed.

If Arnott has a bad attitude, we don't want him on the team. Doan will help, just not enough and he will be a terrible value at ages 38 and 39.


Knowing what MG likes and dislikes, would he even bother talking to Arnott if he has a bad attitude? Is it safe to assume that a NHL GM would know more about players than us, hockey fans?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby clem » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Arnott started last season well, but got burnt out by about Christmas. If he could repeat last year's pre-Christmas performance, it would fit well with the requirement to cover for Kesler while he is out. After that, Arnott may need a break.

But only if Gillis is satisfied with the attitude check.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Arnott

Postby Strangelove » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:44 pm

... yep it's all about attitude. :mex:

I could see them signing him and waiving him when Kess comes back, depending on the return for Lou.
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby Strangelove » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Mondi wrote:
Strangelove wrote:BTW, just curious, is it a coincidence you only slag Christian players (Booth, Luongo, Doan)?


I like that last sentence...very astute SL. Thank "God" you noticed.


Well ever since you told us you are a you-know-wot in the old OF I've been keeping an eye on you. :wink:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Arnott

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Here is the million dollar question, "is it important to the success of an NHL franchise to have a good percentage of it's line-up being members of the Christian Faith, i.e. 'having the lord on our side above others'? If not a good percentage, what percentage shall that be and why only the Christian faith? What about, for instance, Sikhs, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Mormons, Buddhists?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Arnott

Postby tantalum » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:53 pm

No idea but I do know you probably don't want any Rastafarians....
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Arnott

Postby Strangelove » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Here is the million dollar question, "is it important to the success of an NHL franchise to have a good percentage of it's line-up being members of the Christian Faith, i.e. 'having the lord on our side above others'? If not a good percentage, what percentage shall that be and why only the Christian faith? What about, for instance, Sikhs, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Mormons, Buddhists?


To put it in your vernacular: It don't matter none!

However you DO need a good percentage of assholes imesho (ever so).

Personally I think christian assholes are the best because hey you just can't beat that Crusader attitude!

By the way, about half of those on your non-Christian list like to call themselves Christian! :lol:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests