Shea Weber Accepts Offer Sheet from Phi (14 Years, 100 Mill)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Shea Weber Accepts Offer Sheet from Phi (14 Years, 100 M

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Nope.

What Holmgren did was clasless.thing to do.

Giving players your word that you wont trade them if they sign early, then moving them almost imediatly is incredibly douchey.

I cant believe Weber and his agent were willing to take a handshake deal with Holmgren.
Holmgren is such a bad, bad, bad man. An evil doer. Like the players have always been loyal and class acts. What are you Pot, Tony Gallagher now, the players are angels and the GM's are bad people??? I'm sure with massive amount of money that Carter and Richards will be making over the length of their contracts thanks to the Flyers organization I would think that it will help them through this very difficult time in their lives.
Yeah, what an asshat that Holmgren is. If I was Carter I'd be pissed that he dealt me to Columbus.

If I was Richards I would have been thrilled to go to the West Coast, make my millions, and actually play with some talent that is backed up by a reliable goaltender......oh yeah, and then win a Cup in my first season with the team.

Worked out for Carter in the end too.

The only guy who should really hate Holmgren is Johnson. If not for those trades, LA never gets Richards, and then Columbus never gets Johnson for Carter. Holmgren turned LA into a Cup winner and in a round about way landed Johnson in a Bluejackets jersey.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Shea Weber Accepts Offer Sheet from Phi (14 Years, 100 M

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote: The only guy who should really hate Holmgren is Johnson. If not for those trades, LA never gets Richards, and then Columbus never gets Johnson for Carter. Holmgren turned LA into a Cup winner and in a round about way landed Johnson in a Bluejackets jersey.
I heard an interview with him earlier, and he actually sounded pretty cool about being in Columbus.
The pressure of underachieving in LA, the chance to get out from Doughty's shadow, and the chance to get a fresh start, he sounded pretty pumped about it.