Extend Edler or Trade Him?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Extend Edler or Trade Him?

Post by damonberryman »

No one player should be called off limits for trade but if one thing is clear after the last couple of years, it is that we can not have too many competent D.

Burrows got his break with us and I like the way he plays except for the yapping. He deserves a good raise and if we do not give it to him, I am sure the Habs would throw money at that many goals from a local. Burrows is a Montreal boy if I remember right.

A little off topic but I am not even close to sure trading Lou is right. When you get rid of all the crazy 'homer' shit most of us suffer from (myself very much included) you end with Lou the world-class goalie who is a proven performer. I think we get more for Ginger by quite a bit, take less risk on the goal situation and empower the shit out of Lou for the start of the year. I do not believe we will improve our chances at the Cup as much by letting him go for a small return. Let's face it. He has a full NTC which he will waive but only to a few teams according to Rumour Central. We will NOT get fair market value if we trade him before the start of the season. At the least wait until a team is really in need of a goalie.

I know I have said this before, but all the flubs I have seen Lou make I have seen all the others make as well. Us losing to LA had little to do with him and he handled his benching very well with class. I believe he is liked in the Canuck room. I really hope we do not blow this.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Extend Edler or Trade Him?

Post by Meds »

damonberryman wrote:No one player should be called off limits for trade but if one thing is clear after the last couple of years, it is that we can not have too many competent D.

Burrows got his break with us and I like the way he plays except for the yapping. He deserves a good raise and if we do not give it to him, I am sure the Habs would throw money at that many goals from a local. Burrows is a Montreal boy if I remember right.

A little off topic but I am not even close to sure trading Lou is right. When you get rid of all the crazy 'homer' shit most of us suffer from (myself very much included) you end with Lou the world-class goalie who is a proven performer. I think we get more for Ginger by quite a bit, take less risk on the goal situation and empower the shit out of Lou for the start of the year. I do not believe we will improve our chances at the Cup as much by letting him go for a small return. Let's face it. He has a full NTC which he will waive but only to a few teams according to Rumour Central. We will NOT get fair market value if we trade him before the start of the season. At the least wait until a team is really in need of a goalie.

I know I have said this before, but all the flubs I have seen Lou make I have seen all the others make as well. Us losing to LA had little to do with him and he handled his benching very well with class. I believe he is liked in the Canuck room. I really hope we do not blow this.
First of all, I think Burrows "yapping" is now more a product of his history and record than it is an actual on-ice event. He has curtailed that part of his game substantially when compared to the way he was 3 seasons ago. Kesler actually beaks more than Burrows.

Secondly, Lou needs to be the guy that is traded.....as much for him as for the team. I think he needs the fresh start, or family ties in Florida, and I think the team is more comfortable with Schneider in net. It's the right move for both Lou and the team.