Shane Doan

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Shane Doan

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: First the Schultz thing, now Doan, then the Luongo trade, a test of patience this summer offseason is! :scowl:
Mmmm used this smiley should you have: Image
lulz

RD on this fence with this one regarding GMMG

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Thanks HW, your insight is golden as usual.... i think we all will be rewarded with our patience, although RD doesn't have much of that... :roll:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Doan here with the Canucks makes a lot sense as we have a veteran team, a cup contender, familiarity with Gilman, wifey family located in Kamloops with lots of ranches in BC to raise his horses, a west coast team, can play with with uber twins or kesler, superb chance to help a team win the cup and will get paid pretty good! = lots of pluses for Doan to play here, IT'S LIKE HE NEVER LEFT HOME!
Someone said to RP this. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Doan visited Phili today, after his NY visit yesterday.

His itinerary is showing his areas of interest.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philade ... feedID=704
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports

Shane Doan's agent Terry Bross tells CKWX that "most likely" Shane will visit the #Canucks in Vancouver.

Doan is currently in Kamloops at his off-season home and a trip to Vancouver is not very far.
Does it mean that the Canucks are "most likely" on the short list

The #Canucks have been on Doan's shortlist from day one. Great city, SC contender, wife's from Kamloops and Lawrence Gillman.
How many teams has Doan visited so far? Rangers, Flyers, and now the Canucks?
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

So now that Philly lost out on Weber they have oodles of cash to spend elsewhere and there are two desirable wingers still available in Doan and Semin. I think Holmgren will now turn his attention to Doan
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Guess we'll have to wait till Friday. Another life- er- deadline for the Coyotes from the Doan camp. God, this is dragging out! I know the guy is loyal to the organization and all, but yeeeessshh... :bang:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Will Doan be Gillis' bold move? Cause I ain't seein this so called Bold Move that everyone was talkin about.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Will Doan be Gillis' bold move? Cause I ain't seein this so called Bold Move that everyone was talkin about.

Well, just because you don't see it doesn't mean he hasn't tried. But then you know that.
The only HW the Canucks need
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

RoyalDude wrote:Will Doan be Gillis' bold move? Cause I ain't seein this so called Bold Move that everyone was talkin about.
Gillis likes his team. There's not much of a need for a bold move right now. Maybe the following year if the Canucks underachieve this coming season.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Did someone really just compare Shane Doan to Mayson Raymond??!! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mondi wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Did someone really just compare Shane Doan to Mayson Raymond??!! :lol:
2 to 3 more goals per season at 2.5 to 3 times the price.
You are really comparing a $40k sports car to a $100k full size pickup truck. A sports car might look fast and sexy but could not do much besides being fast. A full size pickup truck might not have good acceleration but it does almost everything a sports car cannot do... As for the Canucks, they have some fancy European sedans, North American sports cars, and North American SUVs. However, they lack a full size pickup truck.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Doan is just coming off a playoff run where he scored five goals and nine points in sixteen games - as many goals as any Canuck other than Daniel, Burrows and Kesler scored in their twenty-five game playoff run.

To compare directly to Mason Raymond, in 2010-11 he had two goals and eight points in twenty-four playoff games.

Averaged over an eighty-two game season Doan's playoff career totals put him at 22G 19A 41P while Raymond's totals would put him at 11G 14A 25P.

Nevermind that Doan (the old guy) has been vastly more durable, he's suffered three injuries over the amount of time Mason Raymond has spent in the league. Raymond had three in the 2010-11 regular season alone if memory serves..

And of course, this all completely ignores the fact that Doan has 40 lbs on Raymond and doesn't have any flaws comparable to Raymond's inability to go to the dirty areas (unless he's on a fly-by), the kind of off ice effect a player like Doan generally has, etc.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

Shane Doan wants $30-million over four years if he leaves Phoenix Coyotes, source says. That will scare off more than Detroit Red Wings.
:shock: Wow, if Doan is looking for $7.5m per, he might only get it from Holmgren or Sather.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Jovocop wrote:
David Shoalts‏@dshoalts

Shane Doan wants $30-million over four years if he leaves Phoenix Coyotes, source says. That will scare off more than Detroit Red Wings.
:shock: Wow, if Doan is looking for $7.5m per, he might only get it from Holmgren or Sather.
I gotta think the Canucks are out if this report is true. Even if Luongo is moved, and no salary comes the other way, there's just no way to fit that contract in.

I guess part of the problem is the media and fans have been speculating for so long about where Shane will go that we all thought he would move. This report shows he really doesn't want to go anywhere and likely will not be leaving Phoenix. The only team I can think of that would offer that is Montreal, but who would want to end their career on a rebuilding team?