Shane Doan

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Shane Doan

Post by The_Pauser »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, I heard Doan is expected to make his decision tommorow (friday) @ 2pm before the CBA expires. They say it's either going to be Phoenix or Vancouver. Hopefully the guy will make up his mind, he said he was going to make his decision like a couple weeks after free agency, but that was like 2 months ago now. If he wants to stay in phoenix, then I don't care if he wants to keep his ass there. If he doesn't think phoenix will work out, then he's welcome to play here. Just make up his freaking mind already. This story is getting old and gone on long enuff. *LOL*

ClamRussel wrote:Well the clock is ticking....and due to the uncertainty of the new CBA, I fully expect Doan to make a move prior to the 15th....whether that is w/ the Canucks or signing w/ the Yotes (and hoping Jamison gets it done, eventually).
http://www.insiderrumors.com/2012/phoen ... -and-more/
That website is about as credible as a 14 year old sitting in his parents living room coming up with rumours based on what NHL13 says. HockeyyInsiderr is not credible so I don't understand why people keep referring to him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lancer wrote: I can't believe the belief expressed elsewhere that Doan signing means good-bye Burrows. We don't even know what the next CBA will entail - even for those with contracts signed before Saturday - so why not sign what you can and deal with the new CBA when it comes?
I think I said Burrows MIGHT be dealt......not that he will be dealt.

If he wants too much money maybe GMMG rolls him in with Roberto and gets a better return in the deal.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

No more Shane Doan... :(
Canucks Misconduct‏@nucksmisconduct

RT @gambo620: Shane Doan has signed a 4-year $21.2 million contract with $2 million in bonus money to remain with the Phoenix Coyotes.
Farhan Lalji‏@FarhanLaljiTSN

From Sports 620 in Phx: Shane Doan has signed a 4-year $21.2 million contract with $2 million in bonus money to remain with the #Coyotes
Last edited by Jovocop on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And it's all over, now time to work on a trade for Luongo pending a new CBA.

Be funny if the Phoenix deal falls through, and they relocate to Quebec lol.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote:No more Shane Doan... :(
Canucks Misconduct‏@nucksmisconduct

RT @gambo620: Shane Doan has signed a 4-year $21.2 million contract with $2 million in bonus money to remain with the Phoenix Coyotes.
Farhan Lalji‏@FarhanLaljiTSN

From Sports 620 in Phx: Shane Doan has signed a 4-year $21.2 million contract with $2 million in bonus money to remain with the #Coyotes
what a dick
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Predictable. He has said all along he wants to stay in Phoenix. Too bad as I would have loved him here but life goes on.

Speaking of Kane :D , I guess his failure to re-sign in Winnipeg may now cost him once the new CBA is in place.
The only HW the Canucks need
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

I'm not terribly upset we didn't sign a 36 year old to a 4 year contract worth close to $5M per year.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Hockey Widow wrote:Speaking of Kane :D , I guess his failure to re-sign in Winnipeg may now cost him once the new CBA is in place.
We can always hope his loss will be our gain... More unrealistic dreams on my part I guess.

- Sun Tzu
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

coco_canuck wrote:I'm not terribly upset we didn't sign a 36 year old to a 4 year contract worth close to $5M per year.

I'm not terribly upset either. I would have loved him on the team but I won't lose any sleep over it. I never believed he would leave Phoenix in the first place, I mean he has said all along he wanted to stay there.

On the surface it looks like we lost out on every major player this summer but when breaking it down I'm not too upset at any of it.
The only HW the Canucks need
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

coco_canuck wrote:I'm not terribly upset we didn't sign a 36 year old to a 4 year contract worth close to $5M per year.
I thought offer was $6M? 5 would have been much more palatable in my mind. But either way, agreed, this isn't the greatest disappointment.

- Sun Tzu
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

+1. And doubly so if the Canucks offered him 24M/4 years.

Burrows @ 4.5 >> Doan @ 6
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I am. Nice summer Gillis.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Oh well, @ least Gillis got Garrison I guess. Bit of an unknown and had 1 great year, hopefully he'll be a solid player for us for a few years.

RoyalDude wrote:We've been down this road before, ie Schultz and Webber. Nothing like always finishing 2nd, oh the glory in that. It will be 3 strikes for ol' Gillis this summer when we finally hear the Doan signing announcement.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I for one am quite satisfied with Gillis this offseason. Chasing Doan was exciting but like others have said I am not surprised we didn't land him. Personally I would rather have not signed him for the money that was being reported and what Phoenix ended up paying for him.

I like Doan but financially right now, and looking into the future it didn't make perfect sense for this team to sign him. Our prospect pool is slim and we have enough veterans IMO. By the time the NHl resumes all of our core players will have matured that much more.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.