Shane Doan

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Shane Doan

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: You not worried about his age, Doc? Ya know, old man disease??? Sort of like the 3rd installment of a 'falling star phoning it in to cash in on his name and past glory with the Canucks as being the suckers, Sundin and Messier????
Sundin was pushing 38 when he joined the Canucks (though still put up a point-per-playoff-game)

.... plus don't forget his mentoring of Kesler. :wink:

Messier was a party animal (they tend to go into earlier decline).

Solid character Sundin never "phoned it in". Mess yes. Doan has character in spades..

The 2nd/3rd year(s) of a 3 year contract might not bring great value but I want a Cup in 2013.

Horse race: Phoenix first, LA second, both no doubt ahead of your Vancouver Canucks right now.

But don’t underestimate our nearness to Kamloops and Canucks Christian Culture Clubhouse. :thumbs:

I say get christian cousin Ellerby as part of the package for Lou and Shane choo choo chooses us!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Fred wrote:LA is 5 hours drive from the Doan ranch
Would you spend 10 hours driving to and from work every day? Doan still has to move to LA, which is a big city.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Okay, let's say Doan decided to sign with another team and sell his ranch in Phoenix, start new ranch, new location.

Is it feasible to have a large horse ranch somewhere like Langley??

Seriously I have no idea.... anyone?

More likely up country?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:Okay, let's say Doan decided to sign with another team and sell his ranch in Phoenix, start new ranch, new location.

More likely up country?
The Merritt/Cache Creek area is only 3 hours away......beats 5. :P

And big city argument is nonsense. Phoenix is huge.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote:Okay, let's say Doan decided to sign with another team and sell his ranch in Phoenix, start new ranch, new location.

More likely up country?
http://www.highpointestates.ca/

:thumbs:

He can run the whole community!
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Jovocop wrote:
Would you spend 10 hours driving to and from work every day? Doan still has to move to LA, which is a big city.
No but the wife and family can drive up for the weekend. Doan isn't going to want to move his family ....school ... kids friends ...there's a lot to moving a family ...especally for a strong family man such as I understand Doan is Let's hope but don't get hung up on it
cheers
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote:

More likely up country?
The Merritt/Cache Creek area is only 3 hours away......beats 5. :P

I believe that being a big city has a little to do with the actual size of the city but more like the population.

Phoenix, 1,469,471
Metro Vancouver, 2,313,328
Los Angeles, 3,819,702
Last edited by Jovocop on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Fred wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
No but the wife and family can drive up for the weekend. Doan isn't going to want to move his family ....school ... kids friends ...there's a lot to moving a family ...especally for a strong family man such as I understand Doan is Let's hope but don't get hung up on it
The weekend that he's not in town because the team is on the road?

This is likely why he wants a 3-4 year deal if he's moving elsewhere, so that he and his family can move together and set up a new home. His wife's family is from Kamloops I believe, what's better than getting her a little closer to her family?

He can set up a new home in the Kamloops area for his horses and family and get a condo downtown for during the season. That's a three hour drive and the wife is happier!

Vancouver seems like a great choice for Shane and the family. Which is why he may just consider a bit less money to play out his career here.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

When you clear 100k a week...you don't drive to clam-lips.
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:When you clear 100k a week...you don't drive to clam-lips.
No but the inlaws can.

:mrgreen:
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Personally if I had to choose between Phx and Kamloops, I'm thinking Phx wins & to be honest if I have to live else where I'd rather be in Malibu or similar. Why would you want to live in a place that rains the entire season when you could be sitting out on your patio having a cold one all year round ? Plus LA keeps all it's parts and have a good chnace to win the Cup again. Sunshine, realax, and win the cup versus. Rain, occassional snow and maybe a 60-70% chnace of the Cup. 8-)
cheers
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Maybe he's ready to step up his cowboy-ness and try to weasel Chunky Woodwards old cattle ranch at Douglas Lake off of Avalanche owner Stan Kroenke...
It's dry like Arizona there, Canada's largest cattle ranch at over 200,000 hectares and even has it's own chapel I believe if memory serves me correct.
Come on Shane... are you a REAL bible thumpin' cowboy or not?!?!?
If you need air...call it in
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Jovocop wrote:
Mëds wrote:
I believe that being a big city has a little to do with the actual size of the city but more like the population.

Phoenix, 1,469,471
Metro Vancouver, 2,313,328
Los Angeles, 3,819,702
In the interest of comparing apples to apples, the Metro areas of Phoenix and L.A. are about 4.3 mil and 13 mil respectively.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...this debate is nonsensical.

Clearly Doans lifestyle and living arrangements in Phoenix is a huge leap from what we would denote as big city.

The point is clear, I don't understand the discussion.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2 year deal for 12 million or a three year pact for 15.75 million. Take it or leave it Doan .

He could be like the Preacher from Pale Rider in Vancouver. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”