The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:Doesn't everyone have a No Movement/No Trade Clause? Everyone is trade-able.
No, Edler doesn't!

:drink:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aaronp18 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Doesn't everyone have a No Movement/No Trade Clause? Everyone is trade-able.
No, Edler doesn't!

:drink:
Does that mean Edler is not trade-able?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: Does that mean Edler is not trade-able?
Just makes him more trade-able.....

......to say an undesirable destination like Nashville!

:mrgreen:
Callicles
AHL Prospect

Post by Callicles »

If a team wants a player to waive his no trade clause, there are ways of 'encouraging' him to do so. The problem here is that proposing trades that are likely to ever happen is no fun because they are few and far between. Hence, the high number mildly (or insanely) ridiculous proposals, along with the dirth of actually interesting trades in the NHL.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aaronp18 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Does that mean Edler is not trade-able?
Just makes him more trade-able.....

......to say an undesirable destination like Nashville!

:mrgreen:
trust me, Edler isn't going anywhere. Gillis will get the young fella, 26 years of age, inked to another long term contract. Old man Bieksa, 31 years of age, will be the one traded, he's got a workable contract, price-wise and is locked up for a good while. We would get something good for Bieksa. Do you think the Poile's of the world will want to face another UFA situation with Edler. Trust me, Bieksa because of his contract is more desirable in the open market. Nobody is gonna give up an arm and a leg for a pending UFA player in Edler, and Gillis ain't gonna give him up for nothing.

Remember Gillis words people "we need to get bigger, younger, faster. Don't all three of those points describe Edler to a tee? I wouldn't exactly call Bieksa young or big.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah, and Rick Nash will waive to go to Winnipeg. :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
But he has waived for 6 teams, Doc. Everyone is trade-able my friend.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Come now, do you really think Bieksa would waive to go to a Suter-less Weber-less Nashville? :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Come now, do you really think Bieksa would waive to go to a Suter-less Weber-less Nashville? :hmmm:
Or trying to trade Luongo to Columbus or Edmonton... :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Come now, do you really think Bieksa would waive to go to a Suter-less Weber-less Nashville? :hmmm:
Do you really think Alexander 'Country and Western' Edler will re-sign to play in Nashville and do you not think that Poile anticipates this sort of scenario with Edler? I would say that Poile is well versed in the area losing defenseman to free agency. I would say you would have a better chance of convincing Bieksa to waive his no movement clause to play in Nashville than you would convincing Poile to go down the UFA route with Edler after one season of his services after just losing Suter.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Or trying to trade Luongo to Columbus or Edmonton... :lol:
Where did this come from? Focus Jovocop, focus.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Come now, do you really think Bieksa would waive to go to a Suter-less Weber-less Nashville? :hmmm:
Do you really think Alexander 'Country and Western' Edler will re-sign to play in Nashville and do you not think that Poile anticipates this sort of scenario with Edler? I would say that Poile is well versed in the area losing defenseman to free agency. I would say you would have a better chance of convincing Bieksa to waive his no movement clause to play in Nashville than you would convincing Poile to go down the UFA route with Edler after one season of his services after just losing Suter.

RD I agree with you again, at least regarding Edler. Poile will have none of that for sure. Unless he is resigned is value in a trade is minimal. But I doubt Bieksa waives to go just anywhere. If he is asked to waive he will be selective. But then again didn't MG say he would never ask a player to waive?
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

RD I agree with you again, at least regarding Edler. Poile will have none of that for sure. Unless he is resigned is value in a trade is minimal. But I doubt Bieksa waives to go just anywhere. If he is asked to waive he will be selective. But then again didn't MG say he would never ask a player to waive?
Shit HW, I can always count on you to think outside the box :look: it amazes me that people would think that Poile would be interested in Edler. Trust me, he would much rather have Bieksa than Edler all because of the contract. I think you could convince Bieksa to go to Nashville. Bieksa is an Ontario boy who is a little bit cowboy, a little closer to home than Vancouver.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hey buddy I'm just here to show how ridiculous it is to anticipate a Bieksa-to-Nashville trade!

(btw if a highly unlikely Edler-to-Nashville trade were to ever occur, Poile would be allowed negotiate a contract first)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Really may get to a point where Poile thinks he has a better chance convincing Edler to sign an extension as opposed to losing Weber for nothing.

If Weber wants to be in Nashville why hasn't he signed?

We know offers were made to Suter and one can only imagine the same type of deal has likely been offered to Weber. What's he waiting for?