Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby rats19 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 am

Some dudes.....not " the " dudes......lol
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4568
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:20 am

RoyalDude wrote:Sorry

What I would like from Gillis is some fucking gonads, some brass fucking balls. Make a fucking splash for fuck sakes and stop sitting on the fence. .



MIke Millbury, Doug Risebrough, ... Royal Dude...things that make you go hmmm
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby damonberryman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:08 am

I am not sure of Gillis but it is hard to argue with the best record in hockey over the last two years no matter who drafted or traded for whom. I believe if Hamhuis was not hurt we would have won because Rome would not have had the toi to wake those morons up. Perseverance is important and Gillis is in the driver seat here.

What is Tambellini doing in Alberta? Building by the star. How many first round picks are on the Oil now? Has he given up on traditional team building to go for media coverage. What will they do if they do not make the playoffs this year? Talk about pressure and they do not have D or a tender. WTF?

Where are the ANdersons's, Huddy's, Semenko's Tikannen's and all the other wonderful role players they had? Where is Fuhr? No. They continue to draft flash. Wonder if it will work out? Seems dangerous considering contracts and caps.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby Potatoe1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 am

damonberryman wrote:What is Tambellini doing in Alberta? Building by the star. How many first round picks are on the Oil now? Has he given up on traditional team building to go for media coverage. What will they do if they do not make the playoffs this year? Talk about pressure and they do not have D or a tender. WTF?


The Oilers have no pressure to make the playoffs.

Their fans are totally bought in on the "future dynasty" theory so they don't have to build any type of supporting cast for their kids.

The Shultz signing will basically give them a fee pass to sit on their hands this summer.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby Diehard1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 am

Potatoe1 wrote:
damonberryman wrote:What is Tambellini doing in Alberta? Building by the star. How many first round picks are on the Oil now? Has he given up on traditional team building to go for media coverage. What will they do if they do not make the playoffs this year? Talk about pressure and they do not have D or a tender. WTF?


The Oilers have no pressure to make the playoffs.

Their fans are totally bought in on the "future dynasty" theory so they don't have to build any type of supporting cast for their kids.

The Shultz signing will basically give them a fee pass to sit on their hands this summer.


If they don't win in a year or two they might miss their window - are they going to shell out $5 or $6 million to each of these young stars once their contracts are up? Can they afford to? I seriously doubt they can do that and fill out the rest of the roster.

Guess we'll see, I'm still amazed at how much people love their team even though they are god awful on the ice.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby wafflecombine » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 am

True except now Pauline Gretzky will have to move temporarily to Edmonton to provide the services her father promised to get Schultz to sign. Hahaha Vancouver under estimates the lure of a tart.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby Boston Canucker » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:49 am

Diehard1 wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
damonberryman wrote:What is Tambellini doing in Alberta? Building by the star. How many first round picks are on the Oil now? Has he given up on traditional team building to go for media coverage. What will they do if they do not make the playoffs this year? Talk about pressure and they do not have D or a tender. WTF?


The Oilers have no pressure to make the playoffs.

Their fans are totally bought in on the "future dynasty" theory so they don't have to build any type of supporting cast for their kids.

The Shultz signing will basically give them a fee pass to sit on their hands this summer.


If they don't win in a year or two they might miss their window - are they going to shell out $5 or $6 million to each of these young stars once their contracts are up? Can they afford to? I seriously doubt they can do that and fill out the rest of the roster.

Guess we'll see, I'm still amazed at how much people love their team even though they are god awful on the ice.


The Oilers could be great, but thus far Tambelleni/Lowe's moves have been easy, really, keep picking #1 and talk Schultz into playing in Edmonton. They did it, good for them. But can they get a goalie, and build a D and deep forward unit without the silver platter of a #1 pick, which were picks any of us really could have made. If they find a goalie, get more depth, no doubt in 2-3 years time, they'll be dangerous.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:00 am

I could see the Oilers offering up some good pieces for Jonathon Bernier in LA. Gagner, Hemsky, Paajarvi, draft picks etc. Apparently they are trying desperately to move Hemsky now that they are stacked on RW. Could see a team like LAtaking a flyer on Hemsky and or Gagner or Paajarvi, prospects and picks etc
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:54 pm

remember that Heinz ketchup commercial from the 70's that went on about "anticipation"...i feel like the guy holding the ketchup bottle...however...my neighbour is a hard core Toronto fan and he is on his second pack of smokes today and 1/2 a bottle of Pepto already down the hatch...Brian Burke is not the cure for common diarrhea...
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby ESQ » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:15 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I could see the Oilers offering up some good pieces for Jonathon Bernier in LA. Gagner, Hemsky, Paajarvi, draft picks etc. Apparently they are trying desperately to move Hemsky now that they are stacked on RW. Could see a team like LAtaking a flyer on Hemsky and or Gagner or Paajarvi, prospects and picks etc

Hmm, Hemsky - a play-making RW...
ESQ
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby Madcombinepilot » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Hmm, Hemsky - a play-making RW...


for all 8 games before he is hurt...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby surreal78 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:18 pm

For reference from NHL.com today:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6366 ... hl-rxl-twt

Official 2012 available free agents list

Vancouver Canucks

Group 2 FAs: Eddie Lack, Dale Weise.
Group 3 UFAs: Nolan Baumgartner, Byron Bitz, Matt Climie, Andrew Ebbett, Samuel Pahlsson, Steven Pinizzotto, Steven Reinprecht, Sami Salo, Eric Walsky.
Group 6 UFAs: Mark Mancari.
UFAs: Mike Duco, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Victor Oreskovich, Ryan Parent.
surreal78
 

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm hearing that the treatment of Hodgson and the unfriendly environment for young players in Vancouver played a big part Schultz decision not to play here. Dont shoot the messenger, this what I have been told
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I'm hearing that the treatment of Hodgson and the unfriendly environment for young players in Vancouver played a big part Schultz decision not to play here. Dont shoot the messenger, this what I have been told



I have no idea if you are just dropping this in because you like to do that sort of thing or if you really have been told that.

But for what its worth I would believe it! :D No, I haven't been told this but I really really would believe this to be true. Hodgson is not the first young kid to be in Canuck dog house for one reason or another. For a young player you have to wonder and the pressure on the kid to come home and perform would be tremendous. In Edmonton he can score a ton and be a -100 and still be loved, here he would be benched after a mistake.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Postby SKYO » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I'm hearing that the treatment of Hodgson and the unfriendly environment for young players in Vancouver played a big part Schultz decision not to play here. Dont shoot the messenger, this what I have been told



I have no idea if you are just dropping this in because you like to do that sort of thing or if you really have been told that.

But for what its worth I would believe it! :D No, I haven't been told this but I really really would believe this to be true. Hodgson is not the first young kid to be in Canuck dog house for one reason or another. For a young player you have to wonder and the pressure on the kid to come home and perform would be tremendous. In Edmonton he can score a ton and be a -100 and still be loved, here he would be benched after a mistake.


Yup, Alain Vigneault gives youngsters a chance, but he throws them to the wolves right away, almost like he wants them to not succeed so he can send them to 4th line, then to the bench, eventually to the AHL.
Youngsters have to perform almost instantly to survive and play on the team nowadays with the Canucks.

And I'm getting sick of AV's 'ah let the vet's handle this on their own' 'they are grown-ups' attitude.
Plus the every time-out he just talks amongst the coaches crap.

lol mini-rant on getting sick of AV all of a sudden.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 2 guests