Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Post by rats19 »

Some dudes.....not " the " dudes......lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Sorry

What I would like from Gillis is some fucking gonads, some brass fucking balls. Make a fucking splash for fuck sakes and stop sitting on the fence. .

MIke Millbury, Doug Risebrough, ... Royal Dude...things that make you go hmmm
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I am not sure of Gillis but it is hard to argue with the best record in hockey over the last two years no matter who drafted or traded for whom. I believe if Hamhuis was not hurt we would have won because Rome would not have had the toi to wake those morons up. Perseverance is important and Gillis is in the driver seat here.

What is Tambellini doing in Alberta? Building by the star. How many first round picks are on the Oil now? Has he given up on traditional team building to go for media coverage. What will they do if they do not make the playoffs this year? Talk about pressure and they do not have D or a tender. WTF?

Where are the ANdersons's, Huddy's, Semenko's Tikannen's and all the other wonderful role players they had? Where is Fuhr? No. They continue to draft flash. Wonder if it will work out? Seems dangerous considering contracts and caps.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

damonberryman wrote: What is Tambellini doing in Alberta? Building by the star. How many first round picks are on the Oil now? Has he given up on traditional team building to go for media coverage. What will they do if they do not make the playoffs this year? Talk about pressure and they do not have D or a tender. WTF?
The Oilers have no pressure to make the playoffs.

Their fans are totally bought in on the "future dynasty" theory so they don't have to build any type of supporting cast for their kids.

The Shultz signing will basically give them a fee pass to sit on their hands this summer.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Potatoe1 wrote:
damonberryman wrote: What is Tambellini doing in Alberta? Building by the star. How many first round picks are on the Oil now? Has he given up on traditional team building to go for media coverage. What will they do if they do not make the playoffs this year? Talk about pressure and they do not have D or a tender. WTF?

Their fans are totally bought in on the "future dynasty" theory so they don't have to build any type of supporting cast for their kids.

The Shultz signing will basically give them a fee pass to sit on their hands this summer.
If they don't win in a year or two they might miss their window - are they going to shell out $5 or $6 million to each of these young stars once their contracts are up? Can they afford to? I seriously doubt they can do that and fill out the rest of the roster.

Guess we'll see, I'm still amazed at how much people love their team even though they are god awful on the ice.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

True except now Pauline Gretzky will have to move temporarily to Edmonton to provide the services her father promised to get Schultz to sign. Hahaha Vancouver under estimates the lure of a tart.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Diehard1 wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:

If they don't win in a year or two they might miss their window - are they going to shell out $5 or $6 million to each of these young stars once their contracts are up? Can they afford to? I seriously doubt they can do that and fill out the rest of the roster.

Guess we'll see, I'm still amazed at how much people love their team even though they are god awful on the ice.
The Oilers could be great, but thus far Tambelleni/Lowe's moves have been easy, really, keep picking #1 and talk Schultz into playing in Edmonton. They did it, good for them. But can they get a goalie, and build a D and deep forward unit without the silver platter of a #1 pick, which were picks any of us really could have made. If they find a goalie, get more depth, no doubt in 2-3 years time, they'll be dangerous.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I could see the Oilers offering up some good pieces for Jonathon Bernier in LA. Gagner, Hemsky, Paajarvi, draft picks etc. Apparently they are trying desperately to move Hemsky now that they are stacked on RW. Could see a team like LAtaking a flyer on Hemsky and or Gagner or Paajarvi, prospects and picks etc
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

remember that Heinz ketchup commercial from the 70's that went on about "anticipation"...i feel like the guy holding the ketchup bottle...however...my neighbour is a hard core Toronto fan and he is on his second pack of smokes today and 1/2 a bottle of Pepto already down the hatch...Brian Burke is not the cure for common diarrhea...
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote:I could see the Oilers offering up some good pieces for Jonathon Bernier in LA. Gagner, Hemsky, Paajarvi, draft picks etc. Apparently they are trying desperately to move Hemsky now that they are stacked on RW. Could see a team like LAtaking a flyer on Hemsky and or Gagner or Paajarvi, prospects and picks etc
Hmm, Hemsky - a play-making RW...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hmm, Hemsky - a play-making RW...
for all 8 games before he is hurt...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
surreal78

Post by surreal78 »

For reference from NHL.com today:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6366 ... hl-rxl-twt
Official 2012 available free agents list

Vancouver Canucks

Group 2 FAs: Eddie Lack, Dale Weise.
Group 3 UFAs: Nolan Baumgartner, Byron Bitz, Matt Climie, Andrew Ebbett, Samuel Pahlsson, Steven Pinizzotto, Steven Reinprecht, Sami Salo, Eric Walsky.
Group 6 UFAs: Mark Mancari.
UFAs: Mike Duco, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Victor Oreskovich, Ryan Parent.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm hearing that the treatment of Hodgson and the unfriendly environment for young players in Vancouver played a big part Schultz decision not to play here. Dont shoot the messenger, this what I have been told
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm hearing that the treatment of Hodgson and the unfriendly environment for young players in Vancouver played a big part Schultz decision not to play here. Dont shoot the messenger, this what I have been told

I have no idea if you are just dropping this in because you like to do that sort of thing or if you really have been told that.

But for what its worth I would believe it! :D No, I haven't been told this but I really really would believe this to be true. Hodgson is not the first young kid to be in Canuck dog house for one reason or another. For a young player you have to wonder and the pressure on the kid to come home and perform would be tremendous. In Edmonton he can score a ton and be a -100 and still be loved, here he would be benched after a mistake.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I'm hearing that the treatment of Hodgson and the unfriendly environment for young players in Vancouver played a big part Schultz decision not to play here. Dont shoot the messenger, this what I have been told

I have no idea if you are just dropping this in because you like to do that sort of thing or if you really have been told that.

But for what its worth I would believe it! :D No, I haven't been told this but I really really would believe this to be true. Hodgson is not the first young kid to be in Canuck dog house for one reason or another. For a young player you have to wonder and the pressure on the kid to come home and perform would be tremendous. In Edmonton he can score a ton and be a -100 and still be loved, here he would be benched after a mistake.
Yup, Alain Vigneault gives youngsters a chance, but he throws them to the wolves right away, almost like he wants them to not succeed so he can send them to 4th line, then to the bench, eventually to the AHL.
Youngsters have to perform almost instantly to survive and play on the team nowadays with the Canucks.

And I'm getting sick of AV's 'ah let the vet's handle this on their own' 'they are grown-ups' attitude.
Plus the every time-out he just talks amongst the coaches crap.

lol mini-rant on getting sick of AV all of a sudden.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.