Farhan's $0.05 - Canucks might have to deal Corey Schneider

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Farhan's $0.05 - Canucks might have to deal Corey Schnei

Post by Topper »

If either is leaving town, it is Roberto, not Cory. Gina already has transportation to the airport arranged.

The deal with Cory will get done.

At that point, the bullshit stops. Other GM's will not be playing the two off each other and if they do, they will be told in stronger terms than they are being told now, Cory is not available.

Run along and wait for it kids.

I would be happy with solid prospects and a couple of solid 2nd-3rd liners coming back, though a replacement for Burrows would be ideal.

Tallon is posturing much like Nonis did with the asking price for Richards. It will be tough for him to back away from that and save face. It also looks like a similar situation for Roberto as he had here two years ago as Cory started backing him up. Would he want to be there as Markstrom's tutor? Would Huberdeau be a possibility if a deal were to materialize????

Burke is an interesting trading partner with the tampering history and the Burrows & Bieksa for Hedman comments he made a few years back. Clearly there is no love lost. Again, much like Nonis and Richards, Burke's neck is in a noose if he doesn't get a goaltender. However, with Schen gone, I can't see Gardiner on the table. As much as I'd like to see Burke bent over the bike, his cupboard is bare.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

There's not much to worry about actually. That's the luxury we're having, or Gillis is having.

He can trade either goalie and whoever remains here is also good enough to carry the team.

Who would have imagined we could be in this kind of situation now when we had Weekes/Snow, Snow/Hirsch tandems a decade ago?

By all means, trade Schneider if the return is indeed better.

A lot of GMs would more than love to be in Gillis's position right now.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:I would be happy with solid prospects and a couple of solid 2nd-3rd liners coming back, though a replacement for Burrows would be ideal.
I've read similar statements by a few people now in regards to Burrows. I don't get why people think he's going to jump ship at the end of this year, and I don't think that the Canucks are going to simply let him leave without a very competitive offer.

Burrows signed at a discount in order to stay here and keep the core of the team together. He inked a 4 year deal after his breakout season where he scored 51 points while playing with the Sedins for the first time as a regular member of that line. At the time I don't think he was going to receive offers for more than $3M per year from other teams. Had his contract been up the following year then a "loyalty" discount would have meant a salary around $3.5M.

As it stands he is a 50-60 point winger who kills penalties, scores timely goals, and has an outstanding work ethic. I'd even go so far as to say that he is the heart of this team, and certainly a (if not the) fan favorite.

I don't think he's pissed off about his contract, I think he knows he will be cashing in next year, and I think he knows that Vancouver wants to keep him. He will probably get in the neighborhood of $4M-$5M on another 3-4 year deal. I don't think he gets the same money as Kes, but it will be close. It's hard to say how they would structure such a contract as we don't know what the new CBA will hold, but under the current rules I would guess it would give him more after the Sedins re-sign or retire. Hard to say. Regardless I don't see Burrows going anywhere.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mëds wrote:
Topper wrote:I would be happy with solid prospects and a couple of solid 2nd-3rd liners coming back, though a replacement for Burrows would be ideal.
He inked a 4 year deal after his breakout season where he scored 51 points while playing with the Sedins for the first time as a regular member of that line.
Wrong. He signed his current deal 8 days prior to being slotted next to Henrik and Daniel.
Mëds wrote:As it stands he is a 50-60 point winger who kills penalties, scores timely goals, and has an outstanding work ethic. I'd even go so far as to say that he is the heart of this team, and certainly a (if not the) fan favorite.
In the past, I've referred to him as a poor man's Shane Doan, but the reality is, he's 31 and heading into his richest payday and 32 before he starts collecting it. He's very ripe for the younger, bigger, faster movement. <Edit - Daniel and especially Hank took a lot of abuse last season and that was a big reason why Kassian auditioned next to them. That spot is up for grabs.>

My feeling about players who help little old ladies across the street is already known.

Let someone else over pay him. Kassian and Lapiere also shown just what can be done playing with the twins.
Last edited by Topper on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Somehow, I won't be suprised if Burkie/Nonis make Schneids a fat offer. :(
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Somehow, I won't be suprised if Burkie/Nonis make Schneids a fat offer. :(
Change your pull-up
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”