Farhan's $0.05 - An open question for Royaldude.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Farhan's $0.05 - An open question for Royaldude.

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote:Um no, Samuelsson was actually one of Florida's top players in the playoffs and the stretch run leading to the Samuelsson. You see, at least Samuelsson's shows up when it counts, I guess that comes from years of playing in the Red Wings organization.
I brought up Samuelsson in the Gillis thread as one of MG's best pick-ups, and the best example of Nonis free agents vs. Gillis' free agents. I really liked Sammy, especially the way the guy slayed it in the post-season (when he was healthy). And Dude is right, Sammy (28 pts) + Sturm (5 points) outperformed Booth by 4 points, though at a higher cap hit of $4.75 million to Booth's $4.25 million...

Personally I'd love to have Sammy back next year, 1 or 2 year deal.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

the more things change the more they stay the same Pacific Blue... B
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hi paddy ! How the hell are you ?

Did you happen to get Nick Wallenda's autograph ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hi paddy ! How the hell are you ?

What a Joke that was Blob, so is this where all the cool kids are hanging out now after Chris's nervous breakdown, Surrey Tiger back in the day used to cause me grief not sure how welcome i'll be around here...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

paddy wrote:

What a Joke that was Blob, so is this where all the cool kids are hanging out now after Chris's nervous breakdown, Surrey Tiger back in the day used to cause me grief not sure how welcome i'll be around here...
Jesus, who let the dogs in?!

I feel old now. Good to see you posting again paddycake, look forward to you spanking BikerDudes arse 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Oh snap Blob, homeboy sliced ya up.

*edit Paddy made the post much more nicer...mmm not really.

WhoTF is Paddy!??
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

paddy wrote:

No worries paddy, so where have you been?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Royal Dude is just sick and goddamn tired of losing while alot of people on this site enjoy losing...says alot about the situation...most people on this site are 20 somethings who have watched a decade or so of good teams...some of us have been watching since 1970 and are a little jaded by 40+ years of the same old bullshit...so stick that in yur Gramma's greasehole...
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

ODB wrote:Oh Awesome...

EA Sports... it's in the game!

I trade Schneider and Edler to Columbus for the 2nd overall and Johansen!

:thumbs:
I like this
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

TDA Rum wrote:That was a very good, well thought out post RD...i am impressed...
Got to agree. Good points and the part I like is two-fold.

Nash would not be a good fit as we do not need another 'soft' player no matter how many goals he puts up. We need guys who are there when shit gets tough and of those we do not have near enough.

I would also keep Lou. He is a very high quality tender and he CAN handle Van and the pressure. We have some depth in net and Schnieds will get us the best return. Ryan in Columbus would be nice.

I would also trade Kes while he is highly percieved as I suspect that is going to end soon due to his playing style and previous injuries. I want Gillis to offer him to Kes's biggest fan in Nashville as part of a package for Weber. Besides Kes I suspect Tanev might do it though the Preds needs are not on D.

To play with the Sedins we have Burrows. That line is just fine the way it is. I am very interested in this kid named Malet we drafted and suspect he might look good playing with the Sedins.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

the Dogsalmon wrote:Royal Dude is just sick and goddamn tired of losing while alot of people on this site enjoy losing...says alot about the situation...most people on this site are 20 somethings who have watched a decade or so of good teams...some of us have been watching since 1970 and are a little jaded by 40+ years of the same old bullshit...so stick that in yur Gramma's greasehole...
I think your view is misguided Dogsalmon.

I would bet there are very few if any people on this site who enjoy losing the Stanley Cup (since the "losing" you mention must mean the SC, not the regular season).

What people do enjoy is discussing proposals for getting the team to the point where they do win the SC. From this point of view, the 20 somethings are just as entitled to their opinions as those who have been following the club from its inception, although their opinions are weighted by less experience perhaps.

It is true however that no matter how many years people have followed the Canucks, there will be some who "live and die" by what happens to them, and others who don't. I don't think you can equate the latter group with people who enjoy losing.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Waffle wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:Royal Dude is just sick and goddamn tired of losing while alot of people on this site enjoy losing...says alot about the situation...most people on this site are 20 somethings who have watched a decade or so of good teams...some of us have been watching since 1970 and are a little jaded by 40+ years of the same old bullshit...so stick that in yur Gramma's greasehole...

I would bet there are very few if any people on this site who enjoy losing the Stanley Cup (since the "losing" you mention must mean the SC, not the regular season).

What people do enjoy is discussing proposals for getting the team to the point where they do win the SC. From this point of view, the 20 somethings are just as entitled to their opinions as those who have been following the club from its inception, although their opinions are weighted by less experience perhaps.

It is true however that no matter how many years people have followed the Canucks, there will be some who "live and die" by what happens to them, and others who don't. I don't think you can equate the latter group with people who enjoy losing.

i think your view is fucked...save the philosophy lesson for another one of your buddies...you are just another Canuck apologist who accepts mediocrity...

P.fucking S. winning the Presidents trophy and not winning the SC is still a LOSING GODDAMN SEASON!!!
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Waffle wrote:

i think your view is fucked...save the philosophy lesson for another one of your buddies...you are just another Canuck apologist who accepts mediocrity...

P.fucking S. winning the Presidents trophy and not winning the SC is still a LOSING GODDAMN SEASON!!!

So in your world 29 of the 30 teams had a shitty season.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

YES... winning is everything...and many of these 29 losing teams have had Cup victories in their past...we have nothing...nada...zero...zilch...fucking nothing...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

paddy wrote: What a Joke that was Blob, so is this where all the cool kids are hanging out now after Chris's nervous breakdown, Surrey Tiger back in the day used to cause me grief not sure how welcome i'll be around here...
Welcome Paddy, your name has come up in conversation a few times.

Yeah a coupla Europosters turned CJ into a paranoid commie and then a coupla assholes pushed him over the edge.

Oh well.
____
Try to focus on someday.