Congratz to the Kings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Congratz to the Kings

Post by Madcombinepilot »

this is twice now that we have been beaten by the conn smyth trophy winning goalie.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Congratz to the Kings

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Madcombinepilot wrote:this is twice now that we have been beaten by the conn smyth trophy winning goalie.
Fourth time in five years we've been beaten by the eventual champs.

serenity now.
2011..... the one that got away.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Atta boy Willie, don't drop it in the lake!!!
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote: Fourth time in five years we've been beaten by the eventual champs.
The Canucks have made the playoffs 25 times since their inaugural season in the NHL.

I counted 10 times where the team that knocked them out went on to win the Stanley Cup, 40% rate.
'82 Islanders
'89 Flames
'94 Rangers
'96 Avalanche
'01 Avalanche
'02 Wings
'07 Ducks
'10 Hawks
'11 Bruins
'12 Kings

That's a more accurate predictor than the team that wins the President Trophy (that somewhere around 30% IIRC).

They can all go and kindly fuck themselves!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I am so happy for them... :(
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

My props to the Kings.

Although I think the "Hey Canada, you're welcome!" comment was a bit classless, I have absolutely no ill feeling towards them whatsoever (as I did, and still do, towards teams such as Calgary, Chicago, and Boston). They were better than us and they won fair and square.............and they deserve to be cup champions.

My feeling towards the Kings is similar to the Ducks from 2007, Wings from 2002, and Avalanche from 2001.

No bitterness.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

The KIngs can suck my left nut.

Drew Doughty is a whiny bitch and Coach Sutter is a Hillbilly Neandrathal.

I could also care less about Willie Mitchell winning a Cup.

If the player does not have an Orca or a rink and stink on the front of his jersey when he hoists the Cup I just don't care.

Ryan Kesler is my favorite player right now, if he gets traded and wins a Cup elsewhere he can go fuck himself as well.

:mad:
DeLevering since 1999.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

donlever wrote:The KIngs can suck my left nut.

Drew Doughty is a whiny bitch and Coach Sutter is a Hillbilly Neandrathal.

If the player does not have an Orca or a rink and stink on the front of his jersey when he hoists the Cup I just don't care.

Ryan Kesler is my favorite player right now, if he gets traded and wins a Cup elsewhere he can go fuck himself as well.

amen.

Though I'd like to point out that you actually couldN'T care less. :P
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:The KIngs can suck my left nut.

Drew Doughty is a whiny bitch and Coach Sutter is a Hillbilly Neanderthal.

That leves only one nut for the rest of the league...well I assume anyway 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

All I can say is that Broduer should be shot. He is a useless sieve who in a cup deciding game let in 6 goals. I don't care that one was an empty netter, he should have stopped it. I don't care that 3 were on the PP. He is a psychological basket case that let his team down and needs to go. Plain and simple. He was beaten by a guy a lot younger than him and is paid to be a true number one. A weak defence, no problem, he needs to make those saves. No offensive support, no problem he has to stop all shots he faces to give his team a chance to win. The guy is a gutless puke who let his team down and if NJ has any sense or balls they will unload him and get a guy that is tough enough to win.

There, RANT over.

Oh by the way, congrats to LA. They had a tremendous playoff run and really when all is said and done they made it look relatively easy. Deserving champs, you can't say they got lucky as they played some very decent hockey. They were the better team in all 4 series they played without question. I like the team they have built over there.
The only HW the Canucks need
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

LOL .. loving the rant HW, sounds similar to a bunch of other rants about another goalie... funny how many posters just don't get it... just blame the high priced goalie... that save was easy, anybody could have stopped that one, couldn't stop a beach ball... good to have you back HW, hope you had a very nice holiday !!
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote:All I can say is that Broduer should be shot. He is a useless sieve who in a cup deciding game let in 6 goals. I don't care that one was an empty netter, he should have stopped it. I don't care that 3 were on the PP. He is a psychological basket case that let his team down and needs to go. Plain and simple. He was beaten by a guy a lot younger than him and is paid to be a true number one. A weak defence, no problem, he needs to make those saves. No offensive support, no problem he has to stop all shots he faces to give his team a chance to win. The guy is a gutless puke who let his team down and if NJ has any sense or balls they will unload him and get a guy that is tough enough to win.
:lol:

HA, I was thinking the same thing last night when I watched SportsCentre and saw the final score.

I knew LA had won but didn't know Sir Marty let in 5+1.

Immediately thought of how Luo would be ripped for a performance like that. There were definitely some stops he should have made but the only mention of Brodeur's performance was something along the lines (can't recall who said it) of "it wasn't Marty's best game".
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:All I can say is that Broduer should be shot. He is a useless sieve who in a cup deciding game let in 6 goals. I don't care that one was an empty netter, he should have stopped it. I don't care that 3 were on the PP. He is a psychological basket case that let his team down and needs to go. Plain and simple. He was beaten by a guy a lot younger than him and is paid to be a true number one. A weak defence, no problem, he needs to make those saves. No offensive support, no problem he has to stop all shots he faces to give his team a chance to win. The guy is a gutless puke who let his team down and if NJ has any sense or balls they will unload him and get a guy that is tough enough to win.

There, RANT over.

Oh by the way, congrats to LA. They had a tremendous playoff run and really when all is said and done they made it look relatively easy. Deserving champs, you can't say they got lucky as they played some very decent hockey. They were the better team in all 4 series they played without question. I like the team they have built over there.
They could get a lot in return if they traded him, Maybe Luo for Martin as a back-up to Schnieds... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

tantalum wrote:
Though I'd like to point out that you actually couldN'T care less. :P
Ha, truth!

Fuk proper grammar when I'm venting...

:evil:
DeLevering since 1999.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I'm glad for Kopitar, and I still think we should have picked him at the draft! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.