Draft 2012

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

CaptainTrev
CC Veteran

Re: Draft 2012

Post by CaptainTrev »

the Dogsalmon wrote:when i look at GMMG's drafting philosophy i am led to believe that he..."has no philosophy"...i think its mostly about dazzling us with bullshit...what GM is their right fucking mind wastes drafts on the la Senza league(US College hockey) and passes up WHL players...he has fucked up and need an excuse...we hear it in the business world all the time...bafflegab...i fail to see what great idea his drafting spawns from...tried and true works 99% of the time
A really strong year at by any team the draft produces 3 or 4 NHL calibre players in 7 selections, and that doesn't happen on a year to year basis for any team. I'd say tried and true works more like 30% of the time. I don't know the total number of NHL'ers produced in an average draft but it's safe to say it's lower than 99%
so i cannot help but stress about picking outside the box all the time..
Agreed there...I often get the feeling MG makes moves with an eye towards proving what a genius maverick he is - the Luongo captaincy being the most grating example. He seems to be getting a rep for going off the board at the draft, too.

Then again, maybe I'm just imagining it. I'm too tired right now to sift through MG's draft record and see where his picks were rated at the time.

At least we didn't take Jankowski :D
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Draft 2012

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

This Mallet kid looks interesting. His production shot up 62 points in one season! Apparently this was the first year he played top 6 minutes and he took full advantage of the situation. He also pounded the shit out of every guy he has fought. He looks mean..... can throw with both hands.

I was hoping for Damon Severson with this pick as I have seen him play a bit. Big western boy RH shot, physical. NJ got themselves a player at #60. Would have been interesting if Dalton Thrower had slipped to us .
Mallet with one assist in the ECHL so far.

Severson is going to be a top 4 d man one day. Really nice young player who plays with an edge. Something tells me Mallet could have been taken with the 5th round pick.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”