You're also talking about the goalie who had 2 the three 3 worst statistical games in his career in the playoffs. The guy who ritualistically melts down in big games. And the guy who "won" gold medal with a decent team in front of him.
Let me be clear, I'm not shitting on Luongo in this tread. Luongo is not a problem on this team.
But to blame a coach whose GM has
1.Given him a forward crew that includes Schroeder and Raymond as 2L fixtures;
2. Includes Booth, Weise, Ebbet, Tostitos as regulars; and
3. Got rid of Malhotra, Hodgson; and
4. Has not dealt with the absense of Kesler; and
5. Thought getting read of Salo and Erhoff in favour of Garrison and Ballard was a good idea; and
6. Thought signing Roberto at age 30 to 12 year contract was good idea,
...is fucking nonsense.
GMMG has done almost nothing to improve the team since 2011, when it peaked. AV can only do as much as he can with the players that he has. That includes finishing 1st in the regular season in 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and his team currently sits sixth in the NHL (with J-Scrho, A-Ebbets and MaxLap as three of it four centre). You tell me who is doing the better job?