Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:19 pm

vic wrote:He needs to wait and see how players perform before making any suggestions.

um...so

What would you rather me do, be like the rest of you and judge David Booth's current play on a 30 goal season he had with the Panthers 5 years ago?

Hate to break it to you Einstein but it's a "what have you done for me lately, world' when it comes to sports. If I took your approach, Jaromir Jagr is the best player in the game right now.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:25 pm

You're also talking about the goalie who had 2 the three 3 worst statistical games in his career in the playoffs. The guy who ritualistically melts down in big games. And the guy who "won" gold medal with a decent team in front of him.

Let me be clear, I'm not shitting on Luongo in this tread. Luongo is not a problem on this team.

But to blame a coach whose GM has

1.Given him a forward crew that includes Schroeder and Raymond as 2L fixtures;
2. Includes Booth, Weise, Ebbet, Tostitos as regulars; and
3. Got rid of Malhotra, Hodgson; and
4. Has not dealt with the absense of Kesler; and
5. Thought getting read of Salo and Erhoff in favour of Garrison and Ballard was a good idea; and
6. Thought signing Roberto at age 30 to 12 year contract was good idea,

...is fucking nonsense. :roll: 8-)

GMMG has done almost nothing to improve the team since 2011, when it peaked. AV can only do as much as he can with the players that he has. That includes finishing 1st in the regular season in 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and his team currently sits sixth in the NHL (with J-Scrho, A-Ebbets and MaxLap as three of it four centre). You tell me who is doing the better job?
Last edited by Mondi on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 pm

vic wrote:
There is a reason why guys like Ballard and Booth have great careers on other teams and falter when they reach the Canucks, the coach is a tard who can't work with anyone news. Same reason why guys like Hodgson and Grabner go on to have career years when they finally escape the wrath of AV.

Vic, before I begin, let me say that I am honored to be in the presence of your High IQ. It's a sight to behold.

So, when the team goes on a 4 game winning streak with players like Gordon, Ebbett, w ith rookies like Schroeder as your 2nd line centre, defenseman like Alberts and Barker, and a defenseman playing forward like Ballard. Injuries to key players like Kesler and your top defenseman suspended for 2 games, your top players in the Sedins playing sub par to their standards, is the because the coach is a tard?

If you ask a whiney little bitch like me with no brains and no balls I would say that it that points to fantastic coaching and terrible GM'ing, but that is just me.

BTW, don't let John Shorthouse hear you call the coach a tard. Just ask Sekaris and Price about that.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm

vic wrote:

People give AV credit for bringing along guys like The Sedins, Kesler and Edler. But he had no choice with those players, they were his best at the time and he was forced to put them in the lineup and play them. Same reason why someone like Schroeder is now developing under AV - there is no other option.

What color is the sky in your world, vic?
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Meds wrote:
He's probably a card carrying union member who votes NDP.

Boi, you got more of where that came from, Meds? That's brilliant stuff.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Mondi wrote:I like how criticizing the GM for making objectively shitty decisions somehow equates to being an NDP voter.

It's Meds we are talking about.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Hey Meds you Beautiful Mind you, you still haven't answered the questions

Was AV the Architect in taking on 8.7 million in salary on long term contracts in two players, Booth and Ballard who have been nothing but disappointments since arriving? Oh, let me guess, right...it's AV's fault, why they suck.

Was it AV who traded a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for Bernier?

Is it AV's fault why Hockeysfuture have, on their most recent rankings, have ranked the Canucks 29th in the NHL in Prospects?

Was it AV's fault for not having a plan B at the centre ice position, knowing full well the state of health regarding centre's Kesler and Malhotra? Leaving a rookie in Schroeder and a journeyman AHL'er in Ebbet as the only other options?

Is it AV's fault that Salo, Mitchell and Erhoff walked?

Was it AV's fault that we have an issue with a lack of right handed defenseman?

Is it AV's fault that Luongo was signed to a massive contract? and that Luongo has not been traded for a player to help make AV's job a little bit easier than it is now?

Was it AV's fault for taking the hardline arrogant approach in the Schultz sweepstakes into thinking that he was a sure thing to sign here?

Was it AV's fault to waste all that time in pursuing the services of Doan? When they could have been pursuing someone else with a more realistic chance of signing here instead?
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Mondi wrote:That is legit criticism. You may disagree, but the objective facts points to 8 million in salary and one empty net goal. Booth brought little last season, though showed flashes. Ballard has been a bust since day one in Vancouver.

But Mondi, you are forgetting, Booth scored 30 goals on a shitty team in the east 5 years ago. That means he's excellent. And Ballard had a good year in Phoenix way back as well.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 pm

LOL at ANYONE saying Gillis is an idiot for letting Salo and Mitchell walk.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL at ANYONE saying Gillis is an idiot for letting Salo and Mitchell walk.

Damn right he is an idiot. But I know, Gillis is your Boi, I can dig.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Image

I almost pee'd myself seeing that picture. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So funny.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:25 pm

RoyalDude wrote:So funny.

Hard to believe we're tied for 6th in the league.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL at ANYONE saying Gillis is an idiot for letting Salo and Mitchell walk.

You can't be making the inference that because those players got hurt in other markets the same would be true here.

Regardless, he also let Erhoff walk. Ultimately in favour of players like Ballard and Garrison.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Island Nucklehead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Mondi wrote:

You can't be making the inference that because those players got hurt in other markets the same would be true here.

Salo defined the term Band-Aid when he was here.

Mitchell had one healthy season as a Canuck.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat