Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Post by Strangelove »

dhabums wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:after 43 years of losing...of course my brain is broken...and when "you" have had a 1/2 century of hockey disappointment "you" will feel the same...i dont find losing acceptable...but you do...to each his own...
43 years of this hasn't made you accept it? The sooner you get with the program the better you will feel.
We could win the Cup the next 3 years in a row and a certain you-know-wot would still find things to bitch about.

Good to know our Dogsalmon is a dog of a different colour....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: Good to know our Dogsalmon is a dog of a different colour....
It's his Pavlovian response.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Wy does everybody seem to think that the Canucks have this 'window' that ends when the Sedins retire? Does that automatically turn this team into Calgary?

Gillis and co are smart people - if necessary they'll kick start a rebuild by trading Kesler, Edler, Schneider, Hamhuis, etc and get value back in return. Yes this team will be hurt when the twins are gone but it won't mean they aren't competitive anymore. Lots of transactions will happen between now and then.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Flick the switch in 3rd after tying with mediocre play in 2nd
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

rats19 wrote:Flick the switch in 3rd after tying with mediocre play in 2nd

Gillis broke the switch?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote:Wy does everybody seem to think that the Canucks have this 'window' that ends when the Sedins retire?

Because they listen to the TEAM 1040 and Don Taylor, B Mac, Sekeres, Blake Price etc said so.

This board is less bipolar than CDC or hfboards but Canucks fans have earned their stripes by and large of being the most retarded fans in the NHL. So if the [xxxxxxx]s at the TEAM say there is a window then there is a fucking window. Most of the fans who listen to those idiots breathe out of their mouth unconditionally and likely follow the same guy to work every day but damnit Don Taylor and Jason Botchford said there was a window so it has to be true.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Strangelove wrote:
dhabums wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:after 43 years of losing...of course my brain is broken...and when "you" have had a 1/2 century of hockey disappointment "you" will feel the same...i dont find losing acceptable...but you do...to each his own...
43 years of this hasn't made you accept it? The sooner you get with the program the better you will feel.
We could win the Cup the next 3 years in a row and a certain you-know-wot would still find things to bitch about.

Good to know our Dogsalmon is a dog of a different colour....

2 years ago we were one win away from myself calling a "cease bitch" for 20 years...but it all went South and fuck am i still fuck fuck fuck fuck...i have still not got over that fucking game...fuck...

fuck...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Wy does everybody seem to think that the Canucks have this 'window' that ends when the Sedins retire?

Because they listen to the TEAM 1040 and Don Taylor, B Mac, Sekeres, Blake Price etc said so.

This board is less bipolar than CDC or hfboards but Canucks fans have earned their stripes by and large of being the most retarded fans in the NHL. So if the [xxxxxxx]s at the TEAM say there is a window then there is a fucking window. Most of the fans who listen to those idiots breathe out of their mouth unconditionally and likely follow the same guy to work every day but damnit Don Taylor and Jason Botchford said there was a window so it has to be true.
Blob - I ask you seriously.

After the Sedins retire what do we have coming up to replace them? Unless a significant trade or we draft someone(s) we do have a limited window to go far. i just don't see anything in the minors ready to come up within the next 2 - 3 years to start playing and take over 2nd line duty as Kesler/Burrows takes over the first line.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

After the Sedins retire what do we have coming up to replace them? Unless a significant trade or we draft someone(s) we do have a limited window to go far. i just don't see anything in the minors ready to come up within the next 2 - 3 years to start playing and take over 2nd line duty as Kesler/Burrows takes over the first line.
Burrows is only a year younger than the twins.....not sure how he's gong to help "take over" with Kesler when the Sedins retire.

Are the Sedins retiring after next year or something?

Besides, Burrows and Kesler are not first line players who can carry the scoring load on a Stanley Cup contender.....at least not without the Sedins for linemates.

WTF Reef.....I thought you said you were asking seriously.....
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote:.
Out of curiosity what exactly do you think the Canucks will do with the over $12M in cap space now created?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:.
Out of curiosity what exactly do you think the Canucks will do with the over $12M in cap space now created?
Probably sign a pair of $4.5M ufa second liners and a pair of bottom 6 forwards or overpay a #5 dman.

Just going by the track record......

:P
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Mëds wrote: Probably sign a pair of $4.5M ufa second liners and a pair of bottom 6 forwards or overpay a #5 dman.

The relatively crappy contracts we have are all trades.

Gillis' signings, whether they be re-signings, or free agents have been pretty decent.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Mëds wrote: Probably sign a pair of $4.5M ufa second liners and a pair of bottom 6 forwards or overpay a #5 dman.

The relatively crappy contracts we have are all trades.

Gillis' signings, whether they be re-signings, or free agents have been pretty decent.
Didn't necessarily mean Gillis.....just the NHL in general.

I know, I know.....things will be different in the reduced cap era this off-season.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Reefer2 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Right now? Who the hell knows. I'm sure Philly said the same thing 3 years ago and then they drafted Giroux and Couturier, then traded for Voracek, Schenn and Simmonds. Fact is, this team could look completely different in 3 years, and that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Things change, and you can always trade the players you have now for younger players.

There's no chance a team will always be a contender, but thinking this team will turn into Edmonton after the Sedins are gone is just stupid.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The same people were saying the same thing in the days of the WCE. At that point in time, the consensus was the Sedins were career 2nd line players at best. Burrows and Kesler were career third line checkers.

We already have one piece of a top line (if he is ever healthy) and I wouldn't be surprised if a second piece is in the lineup already and will continue to grow into the role.

The thing many of you and the talking heads forget, is the first line develops as a third line and becomes a second line and then earns there way into first line minutes. True some teams are shitty enough to be able to draft a top tier prospect, but we aren't that shitty.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.