Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Post by 2Fingers »

dbr wrote:I don't know why, I just don't give a shit about this season.

Obviously I want the team to win but I'm not sure that watching them blow their wad trying to load up at the trade deadline in order to do it is the way to go. I guess I just think it's too late to solve problems like "what happens if Kesler gets injured" and "what happens if we need another first line forward" at this stage of the season (and given all the weirdness inherent in a short season).

I agree with Blob that this year is a big one for Gillis.. but for me it's more about where this franchise is headed next season than how they finish this one.
I 2nd this.

MG has this season and next only after that would I string him up by the short and curlies if nothing was done to improve the team. The lower cap hit is something that he needs to deal with and I will hold my decision until Luongo has been traded.

My only beef is how he manages or lack of managing AV and his love for certain type of players.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

the Dogsalmon wrote:after 43 years of losing...of course my brain is broken...and when "you" have had a 1/2 century of hockey disappointment "you" will feel the same...i dont find losing acceptable...but you do...to each his own...
:lol:

This again.

Tell me exactly how you are going about "not accepting" the losses of a professional sports franchise.. you going to head down to Rogers Arena with a loaded gun or something?

You can go ahead and accept or not accept the losing however you like, but that doesn't make the ludicrous statements you make on here anything other than ludicrous.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

dbr wrote: Tell me exactly how you are going about "not accepting" the losses of a professional sports franchise.. you going to head down to Rogers Arena with a loaded gun or something?
+1

Ideally, the Canucks would win the Cup every year. If that's your standard, then you might as well change hobbies, because no sports franchise does that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: It doesn't help either that his drafting over these last 5 drafts has been fucking horrible to say the least.
This from a guy who has recently been singing the praises of...

Hodgson, Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado, Mallet, & Schroeder. :roll:

Whatever, at any rate it's laughably to right-off recent draft picks....
RoyalDude wrote: IMO, Kesler, Edler and Schneider are the trades to make. And buying out one of or both Booth and Ballard if you can't trade them. It's not a rebuild, not with the Sedins here. Nobody wants Luongo and that contract with his age. Luongo is not going to return us a significant asset to make that change this team needs to make. Gillis is fucking dreaming if he thinks some GM is gonna cave in to him.
You're right, Gillis should be canned immediately and YOU should fill his $3mil-per shoes! :lol:

BTW, how do you know GMMG isn't going to do all of those things?

How do you know what GMMG "dreams"?

Why does this thread smell of urine?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote: As far as I can tell the Dogsalmon just likes talking shit
Was his avatar your first clue Dave? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

darren wrote:
dbr wrote: Tell me exactly how you are going about "not accepting" the losses of a professional sports franchise.. you going to head down to Rogers Arena with a loaded gun or something?
+1

Ideally, the Canucks would win the Cup every year. If that's your standard, then you might as well change hobbies, because no sports franchise does that.

no shit...i a well aware that you cant win it every year...but once would be real nice...and ANYTHING other than the Cup...is a losing season...
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:Was his avatar your first clue Dave? :mex:
The grass is this thread.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:
I had to go check his profile to see what you're talking about, I turn off most of the board features that annoy me (avatars, signatures etc).

Dave
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: Salo > Garrison

Samuelsson > Booth

Hodgson > or = Kassian

Grabner > Ballard

Salo + Erhoff lower cap hit than --> Ballard + Garrison

Luongo Contract

Starting to come around to RD's POV?
Salo is made of glass and is 10 years older than Garrison. Garrison would be considered the better asset at this point.

Samuelsson is 8 years older than Booth. They are both "a little out there" and their career PPG numbers are similar.

Hodgson/Kassian = too soon to say.

Grabner/Ballard = don't want either of them on my Vancouver Canucks.

Salo/Ehrhoff contracts vs Ballard/Garrison contracts = Ehrhoff's is the worst of the bunch, taking him to age 39. Salo's also takes him to age 39. I like the Garrison contract best out of those. Ballard's cap-hit to play 3rd-pairing minutes doesn't work, but he's tradable imo.

Luongo Contract = It was that or lose him as a UFA. It's a tradable contract, so what's the problem?

"Starting to come around to RD's POV?" :lol:

Ummm he changes his POV on a regular basis so....

GMMG has definitely made some mistakes, if we had smarter trolls they'd dig those up.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
I had to go check his profile to see what you're talking about, I turn off most of the board features that annoy me (avatars, signatures etc).

Dave
:D

You're a funny guy Dave, but you've gotta admit the avatar suits the poster in this case no?

Strangelove
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:
dbr wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Was his avatar your first clue Dave? :mex:

Dave
:D

You're a funny guy Dave, but you've gotta admit the avatar suits the poster in this case no?

Strangelove
Oh for sure. Although at this point the dogpile on dogsalmon may be getting a little crowded...

Dave

2008-09 Canucks Central Hockey Pool Regular Season And Playoffs Champion
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

DBR wrote:
Oh for sure. Although at this point the dogpile on dogsalmon may be getting a little crowded...

Dave

2008-09 Canucks Central Hockey Pool Regular Season And Playoffs Champion
thats funny dbr...:)

can we not all call dogsalmon our.....Chum?<<< so many levels :sly:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

i may be at the bottom of the pile...but i am still in the goddamn pile...
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

the Dogsalmon wrote:after 43 years of losing...of course my brain is broken...and when "you" have had a 1/2 century of hockey disappointment "you" will feel the same...i dont find losing acceptable...but you do...to each his own...
43 years of this hasn't made you accept it? The sooner you get with the program the better you will feel.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: The point is the Canucks' window is the Sedins' window... Gillis should be making decisions based on the Sedins' career. A Cup now will buy Gillis the years he'll need for a rebuild.
If that was the point why close with: "Starting to come around to RD's POV?"

RD rags on Gillis for not preparing Canucks for the post-Sedin era.

You seem to be ragging on him for the opposite reason.

If I were to rag on Gillis it would along the lines of the latter

.... although I would point to... other... moves/non-moves.
____
Try to focus on someday.