Farhan's $0.02 - Can the Canucks win the cup next year?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

harold shnepts
AHL Prospect

Re: Farhan's $0.02 - Can the Canucks win the cup next year?

Post by harold shnepts »

Topper wrote:
harold shnepts wrote:but im the real harold shnepts ;)
we can tell from your hair cut
if by haircut you mean greatest stache of all time!

Im a die hard fan (wake up at 6am in asia to watch the games on terrible choppy streams and usually have to settle for shorty on the team when the internet here is brutal) and hopelessly believe they can eventually win it during my tenure on earth. I have a feeling the offers for schneider could be greater than luongo, and while keeping schneider for the future is better you gotta try to win while you can. luongo can win it, but they gotta support him better, stop wasting all the effort on pre-season (not playoffs). they need more of a 98 game strategy than 82.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Can the Canucks win the Cup next year - yes.

The Kings do not scare me long term. Sutter has never been able to put together back-to-back strong seasons as a coach. And I really believe he has a lot to do with their success at the moment.

If Detroit lands Suter, they're our top foe - particularly if Lidstrom stays yet another year.

I was about to go team-by-team and predict how the Canucks stack up against them, but I think the last two years have shown us that the Canucks are good enough that their opponent doesn't matter, its what's going on within the team that will determine their success. If they're healthy, motivated, and playing their system, they absolutely can beat any team in the league in a seven game series.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Good point about the Wings. I completely forgot about them.

I don't think it's farfetched at all to assume that the Wings could sign both Parise and Suter in this off-season.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Topper wrote:
harold shnepts wrote:but im the real harold shnepts ;)
we can tell from your hair cut

Now GM, I for one, am glad you are only paying $0.02 for these ideas, if you were to be paying a nickel for having these thoughts put in your head we'd assume you are a choir boy.
:) .

p.s._______________So what are your thoughts good sir? Do the Canucks have it in them to win the cup next year? It will be interesting to see what we look like when October hits.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think the Canucks still have a chance to win, I think they have 1 year, maybe 2 year window left. Edler and Burr have like 1 year left on their deals and will both command a bit of a raise. The Sedins are up in 2 years and they're showing signs of starting to decline. However, if they're going to be a true cup contender, they will need Kes to regain his 2010-11 form and if Kassian can become a top 9 forward and score like 15-20 goals, it'll really help alot.

They obviously need to make some changes through the lineup as well. I'm willing to stick with our star players, but I think the supporting cast needs some major tinkering. If they can get the booth and baltard contracts off the books, it'd be great. Gillis seems to luv those 2 guys though, so not sure it'll happen. They need to get a few foot soldiers with size and grit, willing to muck it up, won't get intimidated and have the muscle to win a gruelling 7 game series. I'm willing to give up some pretty goals and a few points in the reg season (president's cup) for a Canucks roster that can inimidate other teams and score some greasy goals in the playoffs.