Page 27 of 40

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 pm
by ukcanuck
Strangelove wrote:
Fred wrote: How can you be so frivolous, I know they're not your kids and I guess you're maybe from the "me" society/era but ??? how can you just flush it with comments like there's always going be guns and killing as though it doesn't matter. I guess different standards, different era,
I wasn't commenting on the tragedy at Sandy Hook.

I was commenting on your 'Let's Get Rid of Guns' meme above.

Get off your high horse before you hurt yourself Grampa Simpson.
Ain't it funny how people figure they can legislate evil away.
Never mind it's okay for poor Fucks like Lanza to suffer in their tormented hell as long as they don't bother anyone with it. Take future Lanza's guns away and the problem is solved ....

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:52 pm
by Topper
Canada had a knee jerk reaction to Ecole Polytechnique. The long gun registry.

That turned out well.

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:21 pm
by Potatoe1
Strangelove wrote:
There have been a few over the years but they're all dead because they didn't have guns! :scowl:
My old man came home to catch a bunch of high school kids that had broken into his house,,,, He then proceeded to totally lose his shit and try to kill them with the samurai sword over his fire place... blood everywhere but no one dead and no one was going to complain.

When I hear the storey I was kind of glad he is not a gun owner....

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:19 pm
by Fred
Get off your high horse before you hurt yourself Grampa Simpson.
You wanna trade childish comments frankly it say's more about you than me

I was watching the PBS news hour and a comment was made that 50% of the worlds guns are in the USA and there have been more people killed with guns in the US and than in the combined total of all wars that the US has engaged in. For a nation that hold religion so close to it's heart how they can justify that is beyond comprehension.

I have yet to meet a single person that has ever needed to use a gun because of a threat. Rather than carrying or owning a gun try a pair of elevator shoes...you never know that might help :lol: :lol: sorry I couldn't resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDuYXGAuBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwb3Z2Klrk

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:30 pm
by Fifty Fifty

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:00 pm
by ukcanuck
Fred wrote:
Get off your high horse before you hurt yourself Grampa Simpson.
You wanna trade childish comments frankly it say's more about you than me

I was watching the PBS news hour and a comment was made that 50% of the worlds guns are in the USA and there have been more people killed with guns in the US and than in the combined total of all wars that the US has engaged in. For a nation that hold religion so close to it's heart how they can justify that is beyond comprehension.

I have yet to meet a single person that has ever needed to use a gun because of a threat. Rather than carrying or owning a gun try a pair of elevator shoes...you never know that might help :lol: :lol: sorry I couldn't resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDuYXGAuBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwb3Z2Klrk
:shock: :shock: :shock:

You dare quote George Carlin !? You can't quote Carlin to support your opinion...

well actually you can if this is what you are trying to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-W5ND6wj_A


George would not agree with you and your owner lovin union hatin arse :)

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 pm
by Fred
George Carlin, Bill Maher my two favourite comedians. You have to watch Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO he's your side of the spectrum but never advocates for non democratic unions. Sharp guy educated at Colgate I believe certainly more than holds his own with the likes of O'Reilly and Coulters of the world. I also like to listen to Warren Buffet and Bill Gates some of the greatest capitalists in today's world. UK you have to open your mind and not be so telescopic in your views. ;) The point of education is surely just that, open your mind. I don't mind swimming against the tide some times for things I believe in be they left or right

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm
by Strangelove
Potatoe1 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
There have been a few over the years but they're all dead because they didn't have guns! :scowl:
My old man came home to catch a bunch of high school kids that had broken into his house,,,, He then proceeded to totally lose his shit and try to kill them with the samurai sword over his fire place... blood everywhere but no one dead and no one was going to complain.

When I hear the storey I was kind of glad he is not a gun owner....
But see if he lived in America he woulda had a gun and coulda shot them all and gotten away with it!

.... which would mean YOU would be an American, and therefore you'd be damn proud of the old man. :D

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 pm
by Cornuck
Fred wrote:...certainly more than holds his own with the likes of O'Reilly and Coulters of the world.
My dog could hold his own against those two... :roll:

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 am
by Strangelove
Fred wrote: I have yet to meet a single person that has ever needed to use a gun because of a threat. Rather than carrying or owning a gun try a pair of elevator shoes...you never know that might help :lol: :lol: sorry I couldn't resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDuYXGAuBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwb3Z2Klrk
NOW you’re behaving more like a frivolous childish jab-trader

… and less like a self-righteous strawman-builder! :thumbs:

No need to thank me YOU DAMN DIRTY APE! :P

damnit couldn't find a pic of the strawmen in the original Planet of the Apes....


.

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 am
by Fred
Fifty Fifty wrote:This is a good read.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democrac ... gun-rights

Funny I was thinking of the very same thing earlier. Where does it stop, rocket launchers, tanks, hey the odd flame thrower ( painted with camouflage of course so you can't see it :lol: ) but as the high court points out there is no limit, hey I know an atom bomb ! you can really end an argument with an atom bomb. When can you use these weapons well it seems in the Zimmerman case, he's allowed to stand his ground if he feels threatened. So next time you hear a knock on the door ...just do it nuke the bastard what has the world come to, there is no common sense.

By the way IMO the Economist is the only journal worth reading, I started reading it when I was about 21. The problem is it makes most other media look inadequate

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:10 am
by Strangelove
The Sandy Hook Shooting is the second worst mass murder at an American elementary school.

Still ranking in at #1 = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

.... which of course resulted in folks pushing for stricter dynamite control laws.

Just sayin.

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 am
by ukcanuck

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:52 am
by Per
Fifty Fifty wrote:This is a good read.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democrac ... gun-rights
Actually, I'd say it's a great read!

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 am
by Per
Fred wrote: By the way IMO the Economist is the only journal worth reading, I started reading it when I was about 21. The problem is it makes most other media look inadequate
You're preaching to the choir here. It's an excellent magazine. :thumbs: