Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:
Either way... you're an anti-semiautomatic :evil: Racist Bus-Tard! :P
G-r-o-a-n ! :roll:

That has to be the worst pun I have ever seen.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

You want to protect kids? It all starts at home. Unfortunately the vast majority of parents don't do their jobs, preferring to leave it up to television and some air head in a classroom who would rather show drag queen movies. Booth is right you need a moral code in schools and you need to let parents and kids know that an education is a privilege not a right.

In today's world extreme measures seem to be the order of the day but do you really want to g oto the extreme because if you do here it is.

1. Start at the door and have all electronics put into mimi-lockers until the end of school. Yep ALL electronics. If little Johnny's laptop is needed for an assignment he can check it out later.

2. All parents and children go through metal detectors.

3. Only four points of entry and exit to be guarded by armed security.

4. Routine and random locker checks, little Johnny's rights are not as important as my son's safety etc.

Ok so now the kids are safe at school. How about to and from school? How about out and about, the mall, the park, the playground. Team sports etc. Should we do it for everything? Can't be too extreme when safety is required.

What about knives, golf clubs, baseball bats? Those Louiseville Sluggers are dangerous maybe an eye should be glanced in their direction. Box cutters, yep they gotta go.

Everytime there is a disaster, the powers that be stir up the simple minded into a whirl and then come out with social engineering ideas that they have been wondering how to implement for years. Now it's ban guns. Yeah I know, you don't need automatic weapons, what will ne next. Continue your whirling...

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-To-MP3 ... 10474.html >youtube to mp3</a>
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I would ask this question how many people who own guns ever ever use them to actually protect their home or their family I suspect of the 200 million privately-owned firearms in the US.few are used as intended. There are however approx 10,000 gun homicides every year. There are thousands more "accidental" killing with guns. Plus of course there are the suicides where a depressed moment of time can become the end of a life. The murder of that many children this last week either has highlighted the need to review the current laws or maybe people just don't care. For my own part I think those that want guns are frankly selfish and in need apparently of a boost of testosterone that carrying a gun gives them, which I have to say is pretty pitiful. No one wants to give up on a cure for cancer and yet the same people are willing to permit the thousands of needless deaths from guns....guns are OK cancer is bad. Some are to selfish to give up their guns to save the life of a child.
Those that want to carry guns should look in the mirror and think, hey I was part of the death of those kids and I can live with it in clear conscience. There has to be a way rational people can solve this problem. It's the only country in the world which chooses the current option.. The argument some how we can extrapolate guns to the need to lock up lap tops is ridiculous and serves only to show the lack of attachment to those children that lost their life.

I've lived in my current home for maybe 23 years and have never had need of a gun to protect it, how many of posters on here have been threatened home or family where a gun was needed to solve the problem ????????? so why do we need them
cheers
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Fred, the genie is out of the bottle.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Topper wrote:Fred, the genie is out of the bottle.

I bet it took a long time to think of that post :lol: There is no genie only graves and unlike the genie they never get out again :scowl:
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote: how many of posters on here have been threatened home or family where a gun was needed to solve the problem????????
There have been a few over the years but they're all dead because they didn't have guns! :scowl:

Folks have been slaughtering folks since the dawn of creation, long before guns existed.

And folks today would have no problem slaughtering folks if all the guns magically disappeared.

Use your imagination.

But let's be real, guns are here to stay.

A 'War on Guns' would probably be about as successful as the War on Drugs.

*takes a long slow toke*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Fred wrote:
Topper wrote:Fred, the genie is out of the bottle.

I bet it took a long time to think of that post :lol: There is no genie only graves and unlike the genie they never get out again :scowl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn1yq03C7U8

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

How can you be so frivolous, I know they're not your kids and I guess you're maybe from the "me" society/era but ??? how can you just flush it with comments like there's always going be guns and killing as though it doesn't matter. I guess different standards, different era,

I've never owned a gun and can't recall any time when I needed one either. I have a home and a family, my relatives, neighbours, friends, acquaintances .... no one that I know of has ever had need to a gun.I had one neighbour that went hunting and I have no problem with that. I've known many people who had cancer, heart problems ie many other ways of death but no one that was shot. The chance of knowing some one is shot is pretty small so why do I need a gun. And if I'm average ( which probably I am ) why does the US have over 200 million people who imagine they have a need ?

I just don't understand. I was behind a car the other day that had a sticker which read "My other auto is a 9mm" what possess some one to have a sticker on their car like that. Some insecure person that needs to boost his ego maybe ?? A sad little shadow of a person
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote: How can you be so frivolous, I know they're not your kids and I guess you're maybe from the "me" society/era but ??? how can you just flush it with comments like there's always going be guns and killing as though it doesn't matter. I guess different standards, different era,
I wasn't commenting on the tragedy at Sandy Hook.

I was commenting on your 'Let's Get Rid of Guns' meme above.

Get off your high horse before you hurt yourself Grampa Simpson.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Fred wrote: How can you be so frivolous, I know they're not your kids and I guess you're maybe from the "me" society/era but ??? how can you just flush it with comments like there's always going be guns and killing as though it doesn't matter. I guess different standards, different era,
I wasn't commenting on the tragedy at Sandy Hook.

I was commenting on your 'Let's Get Rid of Guns' meme above.

Ain't it funny how people figure they can legislate evil away.
Never mind it's okay for poor Fucks like Lanza to suffer in their tormented hell as long as they don't bother anyone with it. Take future Lanza's guns away and the problem is solved ....
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Canada had a knee jerk reaction to Ecole Polytechnique. The long gun registry.

That turned out well.

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Strangelove wrote:
There have been a few over the years but they're all dead because they didn't have guns! :scowl:
My old man came home to catch a bunch of high school kids that had broken into his house,,,, He then proceeded to totally lose his shit and try to kill them with the samurai sword over his fire place... blood everywhere but no one dead and no one was going to complain.

When I hear the storey I was kind of glad he is not a gun owner....
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

You wanna trade childish comments frankly it say's more about you than me

I was watching the PBS news hour and a comment was made that 50% of the worlds guns are in the USA and there have been more people killed with guns in the US and than in the combined total of all wars that the US has engaged in. For a nation that hold religion so close to it's heart how they can justify that is beyond comprehension.

I have yet to meet a single person that has ever needed to use a gun because of a threat. Rather than carrying or owning a gun try a pair of elevator shoes...you never know that might help :lol: :lol: sorry I couldn't resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDuYXGAuBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwb3Z2Klrk
cheers
Fifty Fifty
CC Rookie

Post by Fifty Fifty »

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:
You wanna trade childish comments frankly it say's more about you than me

I was watching the PBS news hour and a comment was made that 50% of the worlds guns are in the USA and there have been more people killed with guns in the US and than in the combined total of all wars that the US has engaged in. For a nation that hold religion so close to it's heart how they can justify that is beyond comprehension.

I have yet to meet a single person that has ever needed to use a gun because of a threat. Rather than carrying or owning a gun try a pair of elevator shoes...you never know that might help :lol: :lol: sorry I couldn't resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDuYXGAuBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwb3Z2Klrk
:shock: :shock: :shock:

You dare quote George Carlin !? You can't quote Carlin to support your opinion...

well actually you can if this is what you are trying to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-W5ND6wj_A

George would not agree with you and your owner lovin union hatin arse :)