Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby dbr » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:12 am

I don't think most people give a shit, frankly.

Fred's having fun because he doesn't like the player and obviously many sneer at hunting (and some hunters) in general but it's not like the holy roller is going to get booed every time he touches the puck at GM Place now.

This is a non-story that would be buried by now if we had an NHL season to talk about.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

dbr wrote:I don't think most people give a shit, frankly.

Fred's having fun because he doesn't like the player and obviously many sneer at hunting (and some hunters) in general but it's not like the holy roller is going to get booed every time he touches the puck at GM Place now.

This is a non-story that would be buried by now if we had an NHL season to talk about.

of course its a non-story.......BUTT its our non-story.... :eh:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Listercat » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 am

Fred wrote:I'll be interested in seeing if this gets a reaction from the fans ? Booth is not the most popular player to start with. I'd have to think Vcr being rural there's a number of people who don't care for hunting. Topper you might be surprised how many people prefer to see a mountain goat climbing up a mountain. I'm wondering how he can eat all that meat, he's shot what bear + elk + goat = 3000+lbs of meat ? how many sausages will that make and then he has to take it all back to Minnesota with him unless of course he gives it to the guide that takes him direct to the spot/hide needed ?

He's have made more frinds had he made it into sauage and given it to the street people in Vcr

Fred I personally am not a hunter as I have more than enough home grown beef 100yds from my house. My brother in law hunts and has great burgers and sausage made from game. The issue is that hunting is legal and as Topper said the meat must be used. That doesn't mean Booth has to personally ingest every ounce. He may very well give it to friends or whatever. I Like to see wildlife roaming free as well, however, there are a myriad of reasons why hunting is allowed. I had a wolf cross and hate the thought of seeing them shot because of lobbying by the beef cattlemen, but I understand why. Wolves, bears and the cats have no natural predators to help control the population. WHen their numbers increase to the point where their "territory" no longers provides enough food they either starve or move. An animal is no different than a human when it comes to looking for food. They will take the easiest meal available. Thats why cattle herds and garbage become the wolf and the bear's "Keg". The numbers of wildlife are closely monitored and hunting is expanded or contracted as the numbers dictate. Too many deer and elk can cause major problems in agricultural areas such as where I live. A small herd of 20 elk can totally destroy a 50 ton stack of hay in days. Deer can destroy ornamental trees and gardens.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Potatoe1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:46 am

We need to do some "bear baiting" in Port Moody, and shoot a few Deer while we are at it.

The truth is Hunting and fishing are massive industries in North America, it's kind of amusing that people are making charter judgement about a Hockey player for participating in such a wide spread hobby.

As for "the Meat" and where it goes. My guess is that the guide takes it and sells it. I have no idea what a full Bear or Deer is worth but I suspect it brings in a few bucks a pound. There is no way it is left to rot.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:09 pm

There is an elementary school across the back alley from our place. The other evening while taking my son to play, there were 20 deer on the soccer field grazing and shitting. Laughably, there are "Clean up after your dog" signs all around the perimeter of the school yard.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Too bad trophy hunters aren't interested in vermin with antlers or horns, and only seem to want magnificent animals in their prime. I'm not a hunter either, however I'm gratified to learn that the meat from trophy hunting must be used. To my mind that takes the wastefulness out of the whole equation.
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Topper wrote:There is an elementary school across the back alley from our place. The other evening while taking my son to play, there were 20 deer on the soccer field grazing and shitting. Laughably, there are "Clean up after your dog" signs all around the perimeter of the school yard.

one of these days I am going to set out some chocolate covered almonds where elk are known to hang out...take some one out to show them..grab a handfull eat em..and say...yup thats elk.. 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Fred » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm

dbr wrote:I don't think most people give a shit, frankly.

Yep !!

I know lots of friends that hunt and as you say as long as the meat is used. But to be honest this guy doesn't need to supplement his groceries by going hunting, lots of people do and i have no problem with that. Mr Booth does it for fun not the meat. He likes the Elk /Goat head in his rec room and rest his feet on a bear rug so it's some what different I suppose. He'll grow up eventually or need to build a new rec room at the rate he's going. I don't believe there's any connection with the need for food and his exploits. I've enjoyed moose, cariboo, elk and deer very tasty.
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby donlever » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Fred wrote: I don't believe there's any connection with the need for food and his exploits.

Fred wrote: I've enjoyed moose, cariboo, elk and deer very tasty.

C'mon now Fred.

Booths taste buds are inferior to yours?

He has to "need" food to hunt for it?

I know (as do many, many others I am sure) literally dozens of people who can afford whatever they want and still hunt for both the buzz and because they prefer the meat.

He wants the buzz.

He enjoys the meat.

He provides the meat for others to enjoy.

It's legal.

Fill your boots Booth you overpaid, God fearing, no hands, can't deke, has no hockey smarts, surfer resembling, murdering, trophy hunting freak...

8-)
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

donlever wrote:
Fred wrote: I don't believe there's any connection with the need for food and his exploits.

Fred wrote: I've enjoyed moose, cariboo, elk and deer very tasty.

C'mon now Fred.

Booths taste buds are inferior to yours?

He has to "need" food to hunt for it?

I know (as do many, many others I am sure) literally dozens of people who can afford whatever they want and still hunt for both the buzz and because they prefer the meat.

He wants the buzz.

He enjoys the meat.

He provides the meat for others to enjoy.

It's legal.

Fill your boots Booth you overpaid, God fearing, no hands, can't deke, has no hockey smarts, surfer resembling, murdering, trophy hunting freak...

8-)

I cannot allow this to ever leave.....
ever
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

19 pages of anti-hunting rhetoric? What the hell?
It's legal, morally acceptable and a hell of a lot of fun.
What is there to argue over? really now?

Remember....
Happiness is a steaming gut pile
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 pm

I wonder how Dick 'Topper' Proenneke would feel if he found out that I actually don't mind Atlantic Farmed Salmon.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:42 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I wonder how Dick 'Topper' Proenneke would feel if he found out that I actually don't mind Atlantic Farmed Salmon.

Sea lice..... pubic lice what's the difference eh Pacific Blue ?
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I wonder how Dick 'Topper' Proenneke would feel if he found out that I actually don't mind Atlantic Farmed Salmon.

Sea lice..... pubic lice what's the difference eh Pacific Blue ?

Sea Lice??? No skin off my back blobby bear, probably a healthier choice over the nuclear radiated fish in the Pacific Ocean. That being said, a little sea lice ain't half as bad as what goes on in chicken slaughtering houses, pig farms, Ecoli Beef etc. Don't be so blind my man and stop picking on the Atlantic Farmed Salmon.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Madcombinepilot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

That being said, a little sea lice ain't half as bad as what goes on in chicken slaughtering houses, pig farms, Ecoli Beef etc.

spend lots of time in these places,do ya?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat