Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:As for Booth :

I've never had the chance to see him play live and have no idea what he does away from the puck and out of view of the camera so all I have to go on is the dude's claims on his intelligence. I know Dude has a batting average like a Busted clock so he could be right at least twice a day, is he right about Booth being a dumb hockey player without the puck.

I think the Dude also complains about his only move is to drive the net with the puck, but to my mind that's a gutsy play against NHL defensemen... personally I'd like more Canucks to do that not less
Well, remember UK, Dude thinks that every time he has a good idea(rarely, actually non-existent sofar as we have read on this board) about a move where Gillis should make a move and better the team through a trade, the other GM(s) involved in that trade are supposed to snap to and do exactly what Gillis says. After all, isn't that what the other 29 GM's in the league are being paid to do.....make the Canucks a better team by giving up gold for coal? :roll:

In Booth's particular case, I don't think there was going to be much in the off'ing for a pair of aging and declining wingers. Getting a powerforward in his mid twenties in exchange for a couple of mid-thirty "wingers", one of whom who hadn't put up any real numbers for several seasons and boasted two serious knee injuries.....well that alone would at least merit some serious consideration, no? Both Sturm and Samuelsson played 6 games for the Canucks last season, were traded for a younger, stronger, player, and then proceeded to play 42 and 48 games, respectively, for the Panthers. Sturm contributed 5 points while Samuelsson added 28 points. At the time of trade they had combined for 3 points for Vancouver. Booth, for his part, contributed 29 points for Vancouver in 56 games.

It should be noted that Gillis also picked up Steven Reinprecht and a 3rd round pick from Florida in that trade. I don't think there is a GM in the league that wouldn't do the same deal in Gillis' shoes.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Fred wrote:Mind you I'd have thought he would have learned from last time and kept it to himself. Maybe he's just dumb :lol: :lol:
Or perhaps he just doesn't care what any of us think or say about his hunting. :)
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Fred wrote:Mind you I'd have thought he would have learned from last time and kept it to himself. Maybe he's just dumb :lol: :lol:
Or perhaps he just doesn't care what any of us think or say about his hunting. :)
*BINGO*
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
I'd like to give him more credit than that, dumb is better than not caring about those around you IMO
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:
DonCherry4PM wrote:
I'd like to give him more credit than that, dumb is better than not caring about those around you IMO
Maybe he just doesn't understand what the problem is because he thinks it's perfectly acceptable to kill anything without a soul because "God gave us the earth to use as we see fit" or something like that, it's in the first part of Genesis, just after Adam gets his walking papers, "dominion over the earth" is closer to the term anyway.
would definitely fit with a bible belt mentality...

I suppose that since the good people of BC, who indirectly pay his salary might not feel that way, he might excercise some of that intelligence, you would Like to give him credit for, and shut the fuck up about it if he can't cease and desist while he is a Canuck.
I dunno might be the sensitive thing to do...another thing you can find in the bible....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.
I'm sure you don't go out of your way to rub the nose of those who don't agree in it though.
Just do your thing but keep it out of social media while in greencouver?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Do you think he went out of his way...or is it that no one gives a Fuck what a non celebrity hunter does
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:Do you think he went out of his way...or is it that no one gives a Fuck what a non celebrity hunter does
Probably a little of both?
Kinda like Bonny prince Harry getting his rock on... Keep it out of the media.
Posting pics online is a defo no no Full Stop
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So...back to being dumb I guess...lofl
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:So...back to being dumb I guess...lofl
did we leave dumb or just add ignorant?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rude obnoxious ignorance....or dumb ignorant ignorance.. :?:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

rats19 wrote:He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.
+ 1

Have shot bear at a garbage dump out of Prince George ( about the same as baiting except I got more than 1 bear :) ).. and it takes a damm good hunter to bring down a Wapiti with a bow..
F the whining of the " social medium ".. Its a good legal mens sport..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

ukcanuck wrote:I suppose that since the good people of BC, who indirectly pay his salary might not feel that way, he might excercise some of that intelligence, you would Like to give him credit for, and shut the fuck up about it if he can't cease and desist while he is a Canuck.
If enough of the earth muffins "good people" in BC actually cared, they'd have made it illegal to hunt bears, and we'd all be laughing at the punchline "a blackbear ate my baby".

The only people who really care are a few of the lazy reporters and a few others who hate hockey. Why you bother to read their drivel is beyond me
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Vancouverites would probably like Booth better if he was a spandex wearing, metrosexual bicyclist.

Booth likes spending his spare time outdoors with buddies hunting. So what. Those who want to put down the guy for hunting need to get off their pedestal and put down their latte and cheeseburger.

I think Booth hunting with a bow is pretty bad ass. At least he didn't track down the bear with a pack of dogs like many guys do.

This old bird is pretty badass too....to bad she didn't use a bow...what a pansy!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/27 ... rst-moose/