Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Fred »

George Carlin, Bill Maher my two favourite comedians. You have to watch Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO he's your side of the spectrum but never advocates for non democratic unions. Sharp guy educated at Colgate I believe certainly more than holds his own with the likes of O'Reilly and Coulters of the world. I also like to listen to Warren Buffet and Bill Gates some of the greatest capitalists in today's world. UK you have to open your mind and not be so telescopic in your views. ;) The point of education is surely just that, open your mind. I don't mind swimming against the tide some times for things I believe in be they left or right
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
There have been a few over the years but they're all dead because they didn't have guns! :scowl:
My old man came home to catch a bunch of high school kids that had broken into his house,,,, He then proceeded to totally lose his shit and try to kill them with the samurai sword over his fire place... blood everywhere but no one dead and no one was going to complain.

When I hear the storey I was kind of glad he is not a gun owner....
But see if he lived in America he woulda had a gun and coulda shot them all and gotten away with it!

.... which would mean YOU would be an American, and therefore you'd be damn proud of the old man. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Fred wrote:...certainly more than holds his own with the likes of O'Reilly and Coulters of the world.
My dog could hold his own against those two... :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote: I have yet to meet a single person that has ever needed to use a gun because of a threat. Rather than carrying or owning a gun try a pair of elevator shoes...you never know that might help :lol: :lol: sorry I couldn't resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDuYXGAuBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwb3Z2Klrk
NOW you’re behaving more like a frivolous childish jab-trader

… and less like a self-righteous strawman-builder! :thumbs:

No need to thank me YOU DAMN DIRTY APE! :P

damnit couldn't find a pic of the strawmen in the original Planet of the Apes....

Last edited by Strangelove on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Fifty Fifty wrote:This is a good read.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democrac ... gun-rights

Funny I was thinking of the very same thing earlier. Where does it stop, rocket launchers, tanks, hey the odd flame thrower ( painted with camouflage of course so you can't see it :lol: ) but as the high court points out there is no limit, hey I know an atom bomb ! you can really end an argument with an atom bomb. When can you use these weapons well it seems in the Zimmerman case, he's allowed to stand his ground if he feels threatened. So next time you hear a knock on the door ...just do it nuke the bastard what has the world come to, there is no common sense.

By the way IMO the Economist is the only journal worth reading, I started reading it when I was about 21. The problem is it makes most other media look inadequate
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Sandy Hook Shooting is the second worst mass murder at an American elementary school.

Still ranking in at #1 = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

.... which of course resulted in folks pushing for stricter dynamite control laws.

Just sayin.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Fifty Fifty wrote:This is a good read.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democrac ... gun-rights
Actually, I'd say it's a great read!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Fred wrote: By the way IMO the Economist is the only journal worth reading, I started reading it when I was about 21. The problem is it makes most other media look inadequate
You're preaching to the choir here. It's an excellent magazine. :thumbs:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:Canada had a knee jerk reaction to Ecole Polytechnique. The long gun registry.

That turned out well.
Well, I guess it must have. Canada has 0.51 homocides with gun per 100.000 inhabitants, compared to the 2.97 in the USA. Thus the number of homicides by gun per capita is almost six times higher south of the border. :?

Sweden is pretty similar to Canada, with a 0.41 rate.

Gun ownership is 88.8 guns/100 people in the USA, 30.8 in Canada and 31.6 in Sweden.

As a comparisson, gun ownership is 6.2 guns/100 peope in England & Wales, and they have 0.07 homicides by gun per 100.000 people..... :o

That must truly be a horrible place to live, eh? :roll:

And in all fairness, total homicide rates per 100.000 people, regardless of murder weapon:

USA 4.2
Canada 1.6
UK 1.2
Sweden 1.0

So, doing the maths, non-gun homicide rates would be roughly 1.2 for the US, 1.1 for the UK and Canada and 0.6 for Sweden.
Kind of looks like gun homicides are just added on top of other homicides that look to be roughly the same in all four countries (slightly lower in Sweden, but that could be an effect of a smaller population, few big cities, etc). :|

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... world-list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... icide_rate
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote:
Fred wrote: By the way IMO the Economist is the only journal worth reading, I started reading it when I was about 21. The problem is it makes most other media look inadequate
A annual 52 round humour magazine I've subscribed to for over 20 years.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
Per wrote:
A annual 52 round humour magazine I've subscribed to for over 20 years.
Tried quoting it once in a first year poli sci paper once... Didn't go over well, Wikipedia didn't exist then lol
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

No surprises for me watching that so-called press conference by the NRA yesterday. First of all at least have some balls and let the press ask questions about their ridiculous solution to the problem. Secondly he didn't even mention assault rifles. I have a solution for the NRA, just shut the fuck up and dont push your paranoid ideas onto the american public. Nobody will ever convince me that those type of weapons are needed for protection.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

okcanuck wrote:No surprises for me watching that so-called press conference by the NRA yesterday. First of all at least have some balls and let the press ask questions about their ridiculous solution to the problem. Secondly he didn't even mention assault rifles. I have a solution for the NRA, just shut the fuck up and dont push your paranoid ideas onto the american public. Nobody will ever convince me that those type of weapons are needed for protection.
Guess its a good thing you aren't in charge then, I have never needed a gun and don't really see the need for one personally but there is NO WAY I would ever willingly give up the right to own one...that's if I had that right obviously.

The bottom line OK, "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" has almost nothing to do with what happened at Sandy Hook.

You want to prevent such things from happening stop voting for politicians that refuse to spend money in health care.

Start caring about the Health of you fellow man more and less about non sequiturs...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

okcanuck wrote:No surprises for me watching that so-called press conference by the NRA yesterday. First of all at least have some balls and let the press ask questions about their ridiculous solution to the problem. Secondly he didn't even mention assault rifles. I have a solution for the NRA, just shut the fuck up and dont push your paranoid ideas onto the american public. Nobody will ever convince me that those type of weapons are needed for protection.
Spot the assault riffle.

Because they are both the same gun.

But one is black and is therefore evil.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.