Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Topper »

I wanted to name my son Jesus. I figured it was a perk of being married to a Latina and only fitting for the Son of a God.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
yes you are right and in that respect its quite simple, all one really has to do is give away all his or her worldly possessions and spend the rest of their lives helping the poor and homeless and sick. It would probably be a great and wonderful life, but you know as well as I that giving your possessions away would mean that some rich guy would probably end up with it all. Your kids would lose out on their father and their inheritance. and your family would likely be calling in the psychiatrists.

You cant be in the world and of the world and live like Jesus or follow his example to the letter. life is about compromise, faced with opposing alternatives (feeding your child, feeding a poor child) you make choices, you pray to your God (Jesus if thats who it is for you) that you made the right choice and you move on. In this violent shit hole called civilization what else can anyone do?
Well, if you can't do that, make a gods honest effort, then stop calling yourself a good Christian, you half-ass, cherry picking believer , or whatever suits your fancy. You just don't pick n choose what Jesus is about, "I like that, I can do that, don't like that won't do that...so on" You are either all in or all out, otherwise, ya truly ain't a Christian. Just some American Tele-Evangelist/George Bush butchered version of it. A McChristian with a Buschman Semi Automatic against Healthcare reform.
Dude I know you are just trying to get under my skin, but do you seriously think you are gonna lecture me on my Christianity? you're having trouble distinguishing between Catholic and Protestant and I'll put money down that you've never read one word that Jesus said for yourself. (its the red script in the New Testament if you're interested) Matthew is good book to read or some prefer the Book of John.
Anyway if we are going to point the hypocrite finger how about screaming blue murder when someone like Booth points out they have taken Christ out of classrooms and then try to turn it around and use it against those same people and calling them anti Christian? Thats not hypocrisy at all, you don't want to have anything to do with Christ yet you want to use him in an argument? you cant have it both ways..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Anyway if we are going to point the hypocrite finger how about screaming blue murder when someone like Booth points out they have taken Christ out of classrooms and then try to turn it around and use it against those same people and calling them anti Christian? Thats not hypocrisy at all, you don't want to have anything to do with Christ yet you want to use him in an argument? you cant have it both ways..
Why do religious beliefs of any kind have to be brought into the class room? It comes from inside and personal study, the way it should be. Political beliefs and Religious beliefs in the class room is wrong IMO, but have no problem with the study of Religious History and Political Science in the Class room as long as the education not biased. And through that education people can make their own personal choices with what political party and religious belief they best relate to. You can carry on in your daily life, in school, outside of school, in work outside of work being true to your faith and politcal party without shoving it into the faces of others. Your relation with your religion should only be between you and god and those of your kind. I have issues with religious recruitment, religion is a personal discovery my friend, not persuaded.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Anyway if we are going to point the hypocrite finger how about screaming blue murder when someone like Booth points out they have taken Christ out of classrooms and then try to turn it around and use it against those same people and calling them anti Christian? Thats not hypocrisy at all, you don't want to have anything to do with Christ yet you want to use him in an argument? you cant have it both ways..
Why do religious beliefs of any kind have to be brought into the class room? It comes from inside and personal study, the way it should be. Political beliefs and Religious beliefs in the class room is wrong IMO, but have no problem with the study of Religious History and Political Science in the Class room as long as the education not biased. You can carry on in your daily life, in school, outside of school, in work outside of work being true to your faith and politcal party without shoving it into the faces of others. Your relation with your religion should only be between you and god and those of your kind. I have issues with religious recruitment, religion is a personal discovery my friend, not persuaded.
But you just finished saying that Christ is all about love and forgiveness and sacrifice, why then do you want to remove all reference to him in schools ? We aren't talking about teaching kids that if you don't believe in Christ you will go to hell, or that cavemen rode dinosaurs, or the world was created in 6 days. We are talking about its a good thing to pray every day along with singing O Canada, that Christmas is a time of year to celebrate family and redemption and forgiveness, and that thanksgiving is about giving thanks to God...why take that away from kids? Perhaps believing in God is about believing in something bigger than ourselves and teaching that to children is wise thing if you want them to grow into responsive adults...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Dude I know you are just trying to get under my skin, but do you seriously think you are gonna lecture me on my Christianity? you're having trouble distinguishing between Catholic and Protestant and I'll put money down that you've never read one word that Jesus said for yourself. (its the red script in the New Testament if you're interested) Matthew is good book to read or some prefer the Book of John.
Dude, I ain't a religious man, I was baptized Catholic and never spent a day in church, other than the odd marriage ceremony and funeral. It's true, I have never studied a page of the bible, do no care to. Regarding Catholic's and Protestants, ain't the Protestants a bunch of lying cockney cunts and pricks who don't recognize the Pope and the Vatican, centralized at Westminster Abbey where that pedophile Prince Charles was silver spooned?

I don't need to be a scholar on religion to know when certain folk, whether it's religious, political, whatever to know when they are not true to their faith but claim to be. You'd have to be living under a rock to not realize that most Christians of today have completely butchered and improvised to their own liking what Jesus died on the cross for.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:
But you just finished saying that Christ is all about love and forgiveness and sacrifice, why then do you want to remove all reference to him in schools ?
The gist of my argument was simply this, relating back to the discussion of guns, war and violence and the NRA Aryan Christians of the world, 'When confronted with violence Jesus, like Ghandi, preached a non-reactive, non-violent, turning of the other cheek response', unlike the War Mongering McChristians of today. The way you McChristians want to refer to him in the class room is more of a prayer session than actual unbiased education, ya jack ass. Anybody, anyone can educate themselves on religion, ya don't need to be in a class room for it, go to the fucking Library on your spare . And like I said, religious should be studied as a whole and on all religious beliefs, not just Christianity my friend, and if that's not the case then it's pretty much just an hour of devotioin to Christ in school, nothing more than that, which is wrong. The school system should not be biased to any ONE religion or political party. Have your fucking freedom of speech prayer sessions, political rallies before school, recess, lunch or after school anywhere ya damn well like. Taxpayers of the school system, paying for an hour devoted to just christianity, is fucking wrong my friend. IF ya don't like that then send your poor oppressed Children to a Christian school, and not the public school system, Christian schools ain't hard to find my friend.

If you strongly back Booth's opinion on this then you and Booth shouldn't have a problem with me practicing the Kama Sutra with my wife in any Christian Church to my liking.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
But you just finished saying that Christ is all about love and forgiveness and sacrifice, why then do you want to remove all reference to him in schools ?
The gist of my argument was simply this, relating back to the discussion of guns, war and violence and the NRA Aryan Christians of the world, 'When confronted with violence Jesus, like Ghandi, preached a non-reactive, non-violent, turning of the other cheek response', unlike the War Mongering McChristians of today. The way you McChristians want to refer to him in the class room is more of a prayer session than actual unbiased education, ya jack ass. Anybody, anyone can educate themselves on religion, ya don't need to be in a class room for it, go to the fucking Library on your spare . And like I said, religious should be studied as a whole and on all religious beliefs, not just Christianity my friend, if that's the case then it's pretty much just an hour of devotioin to Christ in school, nothing more than that. The school system should not biased to any ONE religion or political party.
M personal experience as a Catholic kid in a classroom full of Alliance church kids, a couple of native kids and sprinkle of army brats in Chilliwack with a God fearing born again hardnosed, ex logger school teacher,was that religion can be a very excluding thing. Catholic, Jehovah witness, Native spirituality, pagan or atheist whatever it didn't matter, you were an outsider and the well wishing Mennonite derivative Christians couldn't help but make one feel like an outsider, so I totally get why one should be careful about bringing religion into schools. Kids are cruel and they won't hesitate to use difference as a weapon...

The thing is, that 95% Doc mentioned is the percent of Humans that believe in a God of some kind. For Jews, Christians, and Muslims its the exact same God. for Hindu's and Buddhists it gets complicated, but all of the 5 major religions and including the minor ones and old school ones like Paganism believe in something greater than Humanity and this existence in the here and now. They ALL have a place in school not just as religions as a thing to study like Philosophy, but to be recognised as a part of who each of us are.
Unfortunately though, people with the same mistaken point of view as you have charged headlong into banning Christ from school just as you are now charging headlong into banning Guns from society, its the same reaction as always, burn and destroy what you don't know or understand. we dont burn witches at the stake anymore but its always the easy answer, ban it, create a law against it, cast it out... And being Christians doesnt make one immune either, hell we practically invented it.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:I wanted to name my son Jesus. I figured it was a perk of being married to a Latina and only fitting for the Son of a God.
+
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Why do religious beliefs of any kind have to be brought into the class room? It comes from inside and personal study, the way it should be. Political beliefs and Religious beliefs in the class room is wrong IMO, but have no problem with the study of Religious History and Political Science in the Class room as long as the education not biased. You can carry on in your daily life, in school, outside of school, in work outside of work being true to your faith and politcal party without shoving it into the faces of others. Your relation with your religion should only be between you and god and those of your kind. I have issues with religious recruitment, religion is a personal discovery my friend, not persuaded.
But you just finished saying that Christ is all about love and forgiveness and sacrifice, why then do you want to remove all reference to him in schools ? We aren't talking about teaching kids that if you don't believe in Christ you will go to hell, or that cavemen rode dinosaurs, or the world was created in 6 days. We are talking about its a good thing to pray every day along with singing O Canada, that Christmas is a time of year to celebrate family and redemption and forgiveness, and that thanksgiving is about giving thanks to God...why take that away from kids? Perhaps believing in God is about believing in something bigger than ourselves and teaching that to children is wise thing if you want them to grow into responsive adults...
We've already been talking about freedom of speech and the right to bare arms, and an equally important right is freedom of religion. That means that the government should have no say in what religious beliefs you are allowed to have. Thus any school run by the government, ie all public schools, should abstain from pushing any religion. They should inform about them, but not make you perform religious rites. If a private school chooses to include prayer etc, fine, but public schools should not be pushing a specific religion.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote: We've already been talking about freedom of speech and the right to bare arms, and an equally important right is freedom of religion. That means that the government should have no say in what religious beliefs you are allowed to have. Thus any school run by the government, ie all public schools, should abstain from pushing any religion. They should inform about them, but not make you perform religious rites. If a private school chooses to include prayer etc, fine, but public schools should not be pushing a specific religion.
I totally agree about pushing belief structures but prayer is not a religious rite, its a human act and since almost everyone believes in it, prayer most definitely should be in schools there just shouldn't be any directive as to who or what you pray too or about.
if time every day was set aside to acknowledge that there are greater mysteries in life than ones own problems the world would definitely be a better place.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Fred wrote: Ah Religions, very selective in which parts of the christian philosophy they like and which parts are overlooked...by choice. Tough to take serious when they're so hypocritical.

... gun toting religious folks...
Did he really just call 93% of the world's population "hypocritical"! :crazy:

OMG Freddy, it's a lot closer to 100% you self-righteous sumbitch! :drink:

OMG!!!
You're living in a fantasy sumbitch! if you think Christians represent 93% of the world
They say approximately 93% of the world's population is "religious".

I say it's more like 100%, but hey that's just my opinion

(note: heathens/atheists/sumbitches such as Per/RD/yourself have been doing some serious preaching of late!)

I also say 99.9999999999% of the world's population are hypocrites, yourself included you dumfuck! :D

Last edited by Strangelove on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: If you strongly back Booth's opinion on this then you and Booth shouldn't have a problem with me practicing the Kama Sutra with my wife in any Christian Church to my liking.
First Per with his wraparound floor plan, and now RD with his yearning for public tranny sex!

Wot da fock are you pagans trying to do to these poor kids??!! :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Says here Sweden is #23 with a bullet Statboy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_rate
Well, yeah, that's wikipedia for you. :roll:
Per's very next post, 16 minutes later:
viewtopic.php?p=154642#p154642

"Prepared for Wikipedia using data for 2005 from adherents.com"
:eh: DA FOCK??!!

Per, I could give you a much harder time for your postings in this thread of late

.... but I know how suicidal you Swedes can be so I'm going easy on you. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Wot da fock are you pagans trying to do to these poor kids??!!
Certainly not shoot them or seduce them
cheers
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Some Christians will bring Old Testament passages to support war, but Christ condemns these teachings, “You have heard it said, an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn him the other also” (Matthew 5:38-39).
:o

Jesus would have made a really lousy hockey player...

:drink:
I disagree with that, if he can walk on water imagine what he could do with a top of line skates and hockey stick.

He could put so much english on the puck Gretzky would become a footnote in the record books. The only problem would be his beard, it might be too long for the NHL??? Not sure of the rules for this.