Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Doonald
AHL Prospect

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Doonald »

OK boys, and girls, this here conversation is getting a little but tedious, grab yirselves a sasparilla :-))))) :D
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Ignorant? I suppose you could try to be more cliché.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

anyone here ever eat bear meat?

I prefer a marinade of rum, coke, brownsugar and worchestershire sauce...

Bear is tasty...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doonald wrote:OK boys, and girls, this here conversation is getting a little but tedious, grab yirselves a sasparilla :-))))) :D
Tedium on first post.. :cry: Helloo doonald
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote:anyone here ever eat bear meat?

I prefer a marinade of rum, coke, brownsugar and worchestershire sauce...

Bear is tasty...
It can be very good.

I have seen hind quarters cure in a similar style to prosciutto.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Carlyee wrote:If you see a deer out in a wheat field eating wheat is it ok to shoot it (legality presumed)? If yes then your ignorant rant about bating bears holds no water. If no then there is really no talking sensibly to you is there?
The double standards in Clam's arguments poke so many holes through his position it holds no water.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
Carlyee wrote:If you see a deer out in a wheat field eating wheat is it ok to shoot it (legality presumed)? If yes then your ignorant rant about bating bears holds no water. If no then there is really no talking sensibly to you is there?
The double standards in Clam's arguments poke so many holes throw his position it holds no water.
bullet holes or arrow?
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

This "discusssion" is filled with emotional rather than rational pronouncements. Whether you agree or disagree with "bear baiting" is inconsequential to the Booth story. It is legal and for good reason, mainly the hunter's safety. I don't know of anyone who goes hunting bear with a rifle let alone a bow by tramping through the bush. The guys I know either use dogs that scent and then tree the bear or they use bait and a tree stand. Those macho guys that seem to think that you should give the bear a sporting chance need to be faced to face with a wounded one while you are frantically trying to reload your bow. Deer, elk or moose are not likely to charge when wounded a bear is another story.

I know a guy who was out hunting elk and came across a griz that he shot and wounded. They went back the next day to try and find it. It found him and he lost an arm and one eye in the encounter.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

ClamRussel wrote:Ignorant? I suppose you could try to be more cliché.
ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/Adjective: 1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of hunting".

It is ok to have an opinion. But to attack a whole segment of society with out knowing what you are talking about is generally in bad form.

cli·ché   /kliˈʃeɪ, klɪ-/ Show Spelled[klee-shey]
noun
1. a trite, stereotyped expression; a sentence or phrase, usually expressing a popular or common thought or idea, that has lost originality, ingenuity, and impact by long overuse, as sadder but wiser, or strong as an ox.
2. (in art, literature, drama, etc.) a trite or hackneyed plot, character development, use of color, musical expression, etc.
3. anything that has become trite or commonplace through overuse.

You get called ignorant often enough for it to become common place?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Soooo..... uh, how are those CBA talks coming along?

This thread is going nowhere fast and will be shut down unless everyone takes it down a level. For some reason, this has hit an emotional toll in everyone, and you need to get back to discussion and not just 'baiting' each other. :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:Soooo..... uh, how are those CBA talks coming along?

This thread is going nowhere fast and will be shut down unless everyone takes it down a level. For some reason, this has hit an emotional toll in everyone, and you need to get back to discussion and not just 'baiting' each other. :?
a direct derivitive of the lack of hockey...However i agree with corn...we gotta tone er down some guys.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

..However i agree with corn...
Yeah....bear steaks with corn on the cob... BBQ...

More tasty!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Carlyee wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Ignorant? I suppose you could try to be more cliché.
ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/Adjective: 1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of hunting".

It is ok to have an opinion. But to attack a whole segment of society with out knowing what you are talking about is generally in bad form.

cli·ché   /kliˈʃeɪ, klɪ-/ Show Spelled[klee-shey]
noun
1. a trite, stereotyped expression; a sentence or phrase, usually expressing a popular or common thought or idea, that has lost originality, ingenuity, and impact by long overuse, as sadder but wiser, or strong as an ox.
2. (in art, literature, drama, etc.) a trite or hackneyed plot, character development, use of color, musical expression, etc.
3. anything that has become trite or commonplace through overuse.

You get called ignorant often enough for it to become common place?
Pretty weak argument to start personal attacks, weak but predictable. ...and googling definitions, one step above pulling out the grammar corrections as a rebuttal. I would expect nothing less from a baiter.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mondi wrote:https://twitter.com/D_Booth7/status/256 ... 00/photo/1

There, he called it a trophy.

The guy's a tool.
What's the big deal? Is hunting bad or something?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Goats don't go to heaven, so it's not a sin to kill one for just the joy of killing.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau