Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote: I am, I mean, who the hell in this world, would want Everett Washington kid and massive fan of the Canucks growing up, extremely, tireless hardworker every shift - T.J. Oshie at those numbers when you got David "phone it in" Booth at his numbers.
So just to clarify, we could have had Oshie if we didn't have Booth ?

No clue what your point is here.

Oh and Sam Gagner knd of sucks but fill your boots.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: I am, I mean, who the hell in this world, would want Everett Washington kid and massive fan of the Canucks growing up, extremely, tireless hardworker every shift - T.J. Oshie at those numbers when you got David "phone it in" Booth at his numbers.
So just to clarify, we could have had Oshie if we didn't have Booth ?

No clue what your point is here.

Oh and Sam Gagner knd of sucks but fill your boots.
Just talkin' comparibles, Pot. Contract vs Contract and the return value on those contracts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Just talkin' comparibles, Pot. Contract vs Contract and the return value on those contracts.
Lay off the yayo sauce.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Just talkin' comparibles, Pot. Contract vs Contract and the return value on those contracts.
Comparing RFA, to a guy we got for free in a trade is just silly.

Kind of like saying OMG Daniel Sedin is sooo over paid Jordan Eberle makes 1/3 rd the money and gets just as many points.

Oshie would get over 6 mill if he were an URFA.

If you want to argue that booth is over paid compare him to the forwards who were signed during free agency the past 2 summers.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Gritty UFA winger/centre Daniel Winnick goes to Anaheim.
3.6m$ for 2yrs.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Sam Gagner is going to be a good forward in the NHL, but not great.

The guy had a great week this year, which included a hockey player's dream game where he notched 8 points. He was in the right place at the right time, and I remember that only 1 of his goals was something that he looked particularly standout on. The others were just served up on a plate for him. Suddenly everyone is talking about him like he's the second coming of Mike Bossy or something. He's not. He won't be a guy to carry a line. He'll be a fringe top 6 forward, too small for the bottom 6 and not game breaking enough to be a top 3. His size will determine where he ends up down the road, if a team needs some strength on the 2nd line then he's out. If they need speed and someone who can play smart hockey then he's in. I would put him on a line with Kesler and Booth in a heart beat. But he'd be useless on a line with Kesler and Raymond.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sam Gagner is going to be a good forward in the NHL, but not great.
Ummm the kid is only 22 there Miss Cleo. :scowl:

He's already a "good forward in the NHL" (2 points less than Kesler last season with significantly less icetime)

... we will see how far 22-year-old Gagner develops.
Mëds wrote: I would put him on a line with Kesler and Booth in a heart beat.
Well we certainly agree on that!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gillis needs to work out a trade involving Kesler for RFA Jamie Benn and then send Burrows plus extra's to the GM that discovered him in Winnipeg, what's his nuts, for RFA Evander Kane. There is your future, Benn and Kane, the heir apparent. A couple of B.C. Boys with skill and toughness.

If not, Gillis should offer sheet one of those kids, like Holmgren, both teams are tight on money.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis needs to work out a trade involving Kesler for RFA Jamie Benn and then send Burrows plus extra's to the GM that discovered him in Winnipeg, what's his nuts, for RFA Evander Kane. There is your future, Benn and Kane, the heir apparent. A couple of B.C. Boys with skill and toughness.

If not, Gillis should offer sheet one of those kids, like Holmgren, both teams are tight on money.
I hate offer sheets, but for Evander Kane I'd turn a blind eye..... :look:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis needs to work out a trade involving Kesler for RFA Jamie Benn and then send Burrows plus extra's to the GM that discovered him in Winnipeg, what's his nuts, for RFA Evander Kane. There is your future, Benn and Kane, the heir apparent. A couple of B.C. Boys with skill and toughness.

I'd be happy to offer sheet either player but the kind of deal that makes either team even blink before matching probably has four firsts going the other way and gives the target a higher cap hit than anyone on the Canucks right now.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dbr wrote:

I'd be happy to offer sheet either player but the kind of deal that makes either team even blink before matching probably has four firsts going the other way and gives the target a higher cap hit than anyone on the Canucks right now.
Unless Gillis front loads the shit out of it and pulls a Holmgren.....

I don't think Winnipeg's ownership could match something that pays out massively in the first year.....I mean massive to the tune of $18M or something.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Kris Versteeg agrees to 4 year deal with Florida..
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Mëds wrote:I don't think Winnipeg's ownership could match something that pays out massively in the first year.....I mean massive to the tune of $18M or something.
You don't think they'd lose money for one or two years if it meant keeping their best young player?

Hell, I'd have to think that if it came down to it they'd move Olli Jokinen or Dustin Byfuglien (or both) to make room.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

TDA Rum wrote:Kris Versteeg agrees to 4 year deal with Florida..
$4.4M per for 4 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And now we have the bench mark for Burrows.
The only HW the Canucks need