RADULOV & KOSTITSYN Party On Dudes!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

RADULOV & KOSTITSYN Party On Dudes!

Post by Arachnid »

Man, talk about locker room cancers and a team self destructing...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394742

Getting Radulov might have been the worst thing they did....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: RADULOV & KOSTITSYN Party On Dudes!

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Radulov was their best player in the Detroit series.

Despite his struggles vs Pho, sitting your best forward is good news for those of us hoping for a quick Nashville exit and Weber wanting out as a result...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

A lot of speculation as to what team rule they violated, if it's playoffs, you gotta believe they missed curfew at a peeler bar.... :drunk:

How will the team react? If they win, it could be a series changer....
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I hope they had the secret service with them.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The moral to the story has to be .......Be wary of Russian players, considering this years draft prospects some GM's must be worried, dammed if they do and dammed if they don't

Also today ref Russians and the draft, Washington pick in the last draft...has...well....
Reports: Capitals' Kuznetsov signs deal with KHL team
Last edited by Fred on Tue May 01, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Takes a lot of guts to do this if you are the GM. Both guys were brought in to bolster the offence, both played horrible games after an all night booze fest. I love the message being sent. Even more if Nashville tanks and fails to get past Phoenix it bolds well for Suter and Weber both wanting to move on. And it is a shame because they have a very solid team.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sounds like they were out in scottsdale till 4am before game 2. :wow:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Does take a lot of balls for a GM to do this. However, I do know that a couple of players from the Canucks were out the night before game 5 of the LA series having dinner + booze (wine pairings) and then went to the Coldplay concert. Granted they likely went home to their pillows after the concert, but given the Game 5 result, was this a wise decision? In my books, I have no problem with what a few of the Canucks did - sometimes you need to remove yourself mentally and as long as they didn't go too over the top, no big deal. Out at the rippers til 4am is another story. Upstairs at No.5 would likely have resulted in a bit more anger :lol:
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Fred wrote:The moral to the story has to be .......Be wary of Russian players, considering this years draft prospects some GM's must be worried, dammed if they do and dammed if they don't

Also today ref Russians and the draft, Washington pick in the last draft...has...well....
Reports: Capitals' Kuznetsov signs deal with KHL team
Well, Kostitsyn isn't Russian.

The moral of the story should be, if you bring back a player who screwed you over, you're bringing back a player who screwed you over. Don't be surprised.

How would the Hodgson story go over in the mainstream media if he was Russian? A Russian asking for more icetime is a cancer. A good Canadian kid asking for more icetime is just competitive and misunderstood.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

If the Preds don't pull it out of the shitter there deadline deals are going to look terrible:

In (out)

6th round pick (Smithson)
Kostitsyn (2nd round pick, cond. 5th round pick)....UFA at end of year
Gaustad/4th round pick (1st round pick)...UFA at end of year
Gill.5th round pick (Geoffrion, Slaney, 2nd round pick)...UFA at end of year
Radulov (last year of his contract)...RFA at end of year who may just bolt back to Russia

Geoffrion and Slaney aren't big losses and even Smithson isn't a huge loss though he's a serviceable NHLer. But they've given up one first round pick and their next 2 second rounds picks this year. That's quite a bit to give up for not going further than last year. AND if the dressing room has become a zoo because of the additions of Radulov and Kostitsyn it certainly won't help them in keeping Suter and Weber around (or Gaustad and Gill).

The only thing that surprises me is that only one Kostitsyn brother was involved.

edit: it seems the violation was they were out on the town to the wee hours of the morning on Saturday night. THey then played like absolute shit on Sunday. Not as simple as a missed curfew or team meeting. THey missed curfew and it impacted their work.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

No he's SSR ( Sergei Kostitsyn Born March 20, 1987 (age 25) Navapolatsk, Byelorussian SSR, Soviet Union. They're different dudes
The parliament of the republic declared the sovereignty of Belarus on 27 July 1990, and during the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Belarus declared independence on 25 August 1991
cheers
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Tanti09 wrote:Does take a lot of balls for a GM to do this. However, I do know that a couple of players from the Canucks were out the night before game 5 of the LA series having dinner + booze (wine pairings) and then went to the Coldplay concert.

No wonder some of the guys were playing like they were in a coma.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Is it right to feel good about the misery of others?! Does it make us better people/fans if we don't?

I so wanted the Bruins to fail in the first round after we did, I wanted the favoured New York, St. Louis and Nashville to be upset too....

Weird not cheering a team on as opposed to cheering a team to lose...

I need a vacation.... :eh:
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Arachnid wrote:Is it right to feel good about the misery of others?! Does it make us better people/fans if we don't?

I so wanted the Bruins to fail in the first round after we did, I wanted the favoured New York, St. Louis and Nashville to be upset too....

You're not alone. Except I have $10k riding on Nashville so these suspensions better motivate the rest of the Preds to get the W done and win this series!!! :evil: (EDIT: I spent $200 with chance to make $10k. I only wish I had $10k as play money).

I do enjoy seeing LA doing to St Lou what they did to us. And wouldn't mind the Rangers going down to the Caps. I want to see Philly go to the SCF though. I'm sure the front office wouldn't mind an LA-Phi SCF.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Arachnid wrote:Is it right to feel good about the misery of others?! Does it make us better people/fans if we don't?

World Championships start tomorrow, you can cheer for Keith to get injured by a Burrows slapshot.