Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Apparently Canuck scouts are living at Marlie games these days. Fucking great.....unless Jake the Snake is coming back I want no part of that team........ or unless Frattin comes with Finn and a 1st rounder/Tyler Biggs.

I will absolutley scream if Colborne comes back here at all. Kadri has a hair of intrigue with his skill but this team needs more chutzpah in it's top 9 forward group not less.

I would hope that more teams other than the Leafs would be all in on Luongo.

Is it just me or does it seem like this place is fucking dead ??? I can only boot the dudes sorry ass around this board for so long before it gets old. I guess some of you kids like to go to hf boards and see people rack up their 40 or 50 posts a day. What a dump that place is and the mods are fucking Nazis.

Don't get your hopes up with Kadri B Mac, he will have the kind of success in the NHL like your Josh Holdens, Steve Kariya's, Jeff Tambellini's, Brandon Reids, Bill Muckalts did. I read him like a book, been in the hockey fan business a long time B Mac, I can see deadweight from a country fucking mile.

All things do point to a deal with the Leafs, which would not surprise me cause I am so used to being underwhelmed by Gillis transactions. There ain't fuck all that I like in that system, unless it's Morgan Reilly, which might explain why they fucking suck.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby the Dogsalmon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:48 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Apparently Canuck scouts are living at Marlie games these days. Fucking great.....unless Jake the Snake is coming back I want no part of that team........ or unless Frattin comes with Finn and a 1st rounder/Tyler Biggs.

I will absolutley scream if Colborne comes back here at all. Kadri has a hair of intrigue with his skill but this team needs more chutzpah in it's top 9 forward group not less.

I would hope that more teams other than the Leafs would be all in on Luongo.

Is it just me or does it seem like this place is fucking dead ??? I can only boot the dudes sorry ass around this board for so long before it gets old. I guess some of you kids like to go to hf boards and see people rack up their 40 or 50 posts a day. What a dump that place is and the mods are fucking Nazis.

Don't get your hopes up with Kadri B Mac, he will have the kind of success in the NHL like your Josh Holdens, Steve Kariya's, Jeff Tambellini's, Brandon Reids, Bill Muckalts did. I read him like a book, been in the hockey fan business a long time B Mac, I can see deadweight from a country fucking mile.

All things do point to a deal with the Leafs, which would not surprise me cause I am so used to being underwhelmed by Gillis transactions. There ain't fuck all that I like in that system, unless it's Morgan Reilly, which might explain why they fucking suck.

Rielly for Lou..straight up...anything else that the Leafs own is shit...pure goddamn shit...fuck you toronto...the centre of the urinal...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 am

If they come down on the cap ceiling as hard as it is being suggested, overachieving rookies will be even more valuable than they are now. Players like Rielly will be much harder to pry out of potential trading partners. Couple that with Luongos' perceivedly over inflated contract and we really might be looking at much less coming back than we all would like.

Not to mention Ballard and his contract will be nearly impossible to move. Let's hope there's some sort of "grandfathering" provision in the new CBA to protect teams like Vancouver, Philly and New York Rangers who spent to the cap to build a contender.
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:24 am

I wouldn't want to be like Mike, right now. With some of his disappointing EXPENSIVE LONG TERM contracts he took on.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:00 am

Imagine that juggernaut they're building in Alberia right now with a 59 million dollar payroll in a couple years. There will be 6 guys making 80 % of the payroll. Too bad they still won't have a goalie or a 2nd line centre , any depth on the blueline or up front but man they'll be good. LOL they can't even win in the AHL despite having half their NHL lineup. But hey they sure are racking up the points in the scoring race because that's what it's all about.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tciso » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 am

the Dogsalmon wrote:Rielly for Lou..straight up...anything else that the Leafs own is shit...pure goddamn shit...fuck you toronto...the centre of the urinal...

I agree that they are a big pile of shit. But, I'd be looking for a couple of 2nd round draft picks too. Lou is still one of the best goalies anywhere, and Tarana needs a goalie a lot more than we need what they have. And Burkie Babie knows it. His power duo of Reimer and Gustavsson won't even take them into the playoffs.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby SKYO » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:40 am

Gardiner, Reimer and LW-industrious scoring MacArthur should suffice for Luongo, Higgins and Connauton.

Luongo (guaranteed #1 elite goalie, plus solid in East) >>> Reimer
Gardiner >>> Connauton (risk is that Kcon can evolve into a uber shot good dman or not)
MacArthur = Higgins (Canucks need a change of scenery for our top 6 LW spot, both UFA in 13' summer)

Good trade for BB as Luongo alone can help elevate the TO franchise into the playoffs with his solid in his prime play, especially in the East.

And lets be serious, no way that T.O. defense can help Reimer/Scrivens reach the playoffs, unless the Leafs had at least two Norris trophy dmen, which they do not.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Well, if by some sort of miraculousness, the lockout somehow ends in time to salvage a season I think it would be highly wise for management to consider retaining the services of Luongo til the trade deadline is upon us which would be upon us in shortened season lickity split. His stock would most certainly rise, for teams vying for Lord Stanley with questionable goaltending.

If I was one of the Gills advisors on the advisory board I would most certainly be advising them to take this plan of action.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby paddy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:10 am

Pacific Blue while the Good Doctor Strangelove of the Corner and some of his confreres here have been drooling over the Panthers roster I have stood by a Leaf deal from the get go... When this lockout ends Look for more of these to hit the shelves...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... --nhl.html
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
paddy
CC Veteran

Postby Fred » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 pm

paddy wrote:Pacific Blue while the Good Doctor Strangelove of the Corner and some of his confreres here have been drooling over the Panthers roster I have stood by a Leaf deal from the get go... When this lockout ends Look for more of these to hit the shelves...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... --nhl.html

Every time Hockey is mentioned in Central Canada it includes the words "The Leafs " every player in the league wants to play there, every manager wants to manage there every media man wants to write about "The Leafs" ....or so central Canada believes. They don't have a lot or any thing to offer. They're a loosing team because they have a shitty roster.

I see Colbourne is out right now with concussion issues, he can't stay healthy
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby Boston Canucker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Since the new CBA will likely have a buyout option given the NHL's proposal today, it's got to be Ballard for the Canucks right? Aquilini will eat that one to open up room I'd expect, and the Luongo trade will probably squeeze out some more cap space for the team
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby dbr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Boston Canucker wrote:Since the new CBA will likely have a buyout option given the NHL's proposal today, it's got to be Ballard for the Canucks right? Aquilini will eat that one to open up room I'd expect, and the Luongo trade will probably squeeze out some more cap space for the team

Hopefully the team can hold onto the right to buy a player out for awhile; I still feel Ballard has improved as a Canuck and could have some value by the time the team needs to get under a reduced cap ceiling.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm

The window on the buyout will be interesting.

Last time I wanted Linden's $1mil/yr deal bought out and it probably should have been.

Ballard is obvious, but so too in Luongo if the Aqualung family can afford that one. The Burrows deal looks like an albatross as well.

I just compiled this from CapGeek. Note this is only the NHL roster and does not take into account minor league salaries.

Code: Select all
Team   Cap   Players   To re-sign
isles   31.5   12   
blues   32.1   12   pietrangelo
devils   32.4   13   
yotes   32.9   10   larsson
jets   33.2   9   
ducks   33.8   12   getzlaf, perry
stars   34.1   14   
sens   39.1   13   
leaves   41.5   13   lupul, gunnersson
panthers   41.9   13   
bjs   42.9   14   goal
caps   44.8   12   
wings   45.1   15   howard filppula
preds   45.4   13   
flames   47.8   14   Al Jolson, backlund
oilers   48.5   14   
avs   49.3   19   hejduk
kings   49.4   13   
sabres   49.6   14   CoHo (lol)
canes   50.7   15   
wild   51.1   16   
rags   51.8   16   
pens   52.6   15   
sharks   54.3   14   
canucks   55.4   13   
hawks   57.2   17   
bruins   57.4   16   horton
flyers   57.5   16   
bolts   57.5   15   
habs   60.1   16   
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:01 pm

There is still no mention of a transition from the previous CBA to the new one so one would hope there will be a formula for teams to get under the new cap. If not and its everyone for themselves, one would think that all the contenders will have the same issues and will have to jettison players and/ or contracts too...

I guess time will tell, however I've said ll along Gilly should hang onto luongo till the trade deadline if no offers meet expectations... Looks like that won't be a problem unless its next years deadline ....
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 pm

So would the Canucks use their buy out on Luongo? Seriously? It is a definite reality looking at this one off concession. Wouldn't that be anti-climatic!
It would mean trade values of high price tag players are near non-existent and elevate the values of good, cheap entry level contracts ever further. Damn. The dudes' gonna be struttin like the cock of the walk after this one...
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat