Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Strangelove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Meds wrote: 6'6" tall

Okay now I see what Dogsalmon was getting at with his big-body/mushy-brain theory. :mex:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Meds wrote:Probably throw the CFL in there too.....

:roll:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Meds wrote:
Actually Blob, taking the mean of those and going 79 mph from 46 feet and 90 mph from 60 feet, the difference in time is actually only 0.05 seconds.

Just saying.

Actually meds that's quite a lot of time when hitting a ball.

http://www.theinsidecurve.com/13_tic_main_html/features/060627_baseball_fastpitch.php

Just sayin '..... :)
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:34 pm

rats19 wrote:baseball is a really difficult sport to excel at...the average joe can golf etc..maybe not be good at it but can do it.. unless you are a decent ballplayer you just dont play. all others play slowpitch..

Just bustin your chops ratman....as I said I have played both and love both. It's sad to see so many good athletes playing fag pitch when they have another alternative after baseball is done. I have converted at least 20 guys who played either Junior or Premier baseball in the lower mainland. It's hard to get the fag pitch guys to come around because they want to go 4 for 4 every night with three jacks.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Meds wrote:
Actually Blob, taking the mean of those and going 79 mph from 46 feet and 90 mph from 60 feet, the difference in time is actually only 0.05 seconds.

Just saying.

Actually meds that's quite a lot of time when hitting a ball.

http://www.theinsidecurve.com/13_tic_main_html/features/060627_baseball_fastpitch.php

Just sayin '..... :)

Yeah. Same numbers. 0.05 second difference in available reaction time. It's all relative though. :P
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 pm

If this lockout goes on much longer I'm going to lose it!
Apparently, Canucks brass are/were/did scout the Toronto farm team when they played in Abby.
http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/11/01/toronto-marlies-visit-to-abbotsford-draws-canuck-scouts-and-management/

Cue the usual groans and gripes....
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tiger » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Meds said:

I equate sports to something that requires a high level physical effort resulting in perspiration and some labored breathing.

so Sex is a sport?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:If this lockout goes on much longer I'm going to lose it!
Apparently, Canucks brass are/were/did scout the Toronto farm team when they played in Abby.
http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/11/01/toronto-marlies-visit-to-abbotsford-draws-canuck-scouts-and-management/

Well apparently what they did see is Scrivens give up 2 short handed goals in 3 seconds.

How is that even possible?

But the Leafs goaltending situation is just fine without a guy like Luo!

:drink:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Tiger wrote:Meds said:
I equate sports to something that requires a high level physical effort resulting in perspiration and some labored breathing.

Hmm if that's the case there's a lady here at work that must consider walking up a half flight of stairs a sport!

:mrgreen:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:If this lockout goes on much longer I'm going to lose it!

Well apparently what they did see is Scrivens give up 2 short handed goals in 3 seconds.

How is that even possible?

But the Leafs goaltending situation is just fine without a guy like Luo!

:drink:

it's all part of the rebuild...
As soon as Burke hangs onto 1 first round pick it's considered a rebuild. Keeping shitty goalies is part of his master plan which entails 5 years of acquiring overpriced underachievers using all his first rounders. The next 5 years will be keeping them but not upgrading the goaltenders. It makes sense to him anyway...
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Tiger wrote:Meds said:

so Sex is a sport?

For some it can be a bit like MMA.....

.....from what I've heard. :look:

No. Really. I've heard.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:31 am

My Luongo trade prediction

Luongo and Connauton for a whole bunch of shitty mediocre players from the Maple Leafs similar to what Calgary got in return for Phaneuf and Aulie as Gillis continues to scramble at piling up mediocre, journeyman players around the turning 33 year old Sedins in 2013, much like the Flames management did over the last 10 years, trying to build around Iginla, while completely sucking at drafting and developing. 8-) :drink:
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:31 am

Spandex Boy wrote:blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Keep on keepin on Pacific Blue
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

C'mon Blobbybelly...with his track record at trading and drafting/developing prospects ya don't expect eyebags Gillis to actually make a good trade for the long term benefit of this organization do ya? His eye for talent leaves a lot to be desired. But hey, I can't win against the Gillis apologists around here. With the young up and coming talented whipper snapper teams surrounding us in our division, ie the Oilers, Avalanche and Wild ya just know that the Flames and Canucks, whom both share the same MGMT philosophies are in a transitional phase, ie their time at the top is coming to a close but Gillis has zero talent for the future, take note of the fact that the Canucks, at end of season, were the only team in the NHL whom did not have a player on their roster whom they had drafted from the last 5 draft classes.

Hell, Nonis kicks Gillis ass in drafting at only 3 years when compared to Gillis 5. Shite, can you imagine if Bourdon was still with us? Gillis should be thankful for Nonis drafting and acquiring Schneider and Luongo. Just those two Nonis players make Nonis a mere fucking GM'ing geniuse right up their with Jake fucking Milford.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

C'mon Blobbybelly...with his track record at trading and drafting/developing prospects ya don't expect eyebags Gillis to actually make a good trade for the long term benefit of this organization do ya? His eye for talent leaves a lot to be desired. But hey, I can't win against the Gillis apologists around here. With the young up and coming talented whipper snapper teams surrounding us in our division, ie the Oilers, Avalanche and Wild ya just know that the Flames and Canucks, whom both share the same MGMT philosophies are in a transitional phase, ie their time at the top is coming to a close but Gillis has zero talent for the future, take note of the fact that the Canucks, at end of season, were the only team in the NHL whom did not have a player on their roster whom they had drafted from the last 5 draft classes.

Hell, Nonis kicks Gillis ass in drafting at only 3 years when compared to Gillis 5. Shite, can you imagine if Bourdon was still with us? Gillis should be thankful for Nonis drafting and acquiring Schneider and Luongo. Just those two Nonis players make Nonis a mere fucking GM'ing geniuse right up their with Jake fucking Milford.

My god...how completely pessimistic! There must be SOMETHING about Gillis u like!
The way the team treats its players has to be one of, if not the best organizations in the league. Gillis seems to be having some success attracting free agents and this could be to compensate for his poor draft position resulting from on ice success.
I wouldn't put Vancouver in there with the Flames just quite yet. The team was obviously not interested/burnt out last season yet still managed the best regular season record despite playing with zero emotional investment. The playoffs were a great indication of how little the players were committed to winning. They just wanted to rest I believe.
I don't really like some of his draft table work but given the teams on-ice success and poor draft position I'm prepared to cut him a break.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat