Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Meds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Poker,baseball, and golf should all be relegated to the same channel.....and it shouldn't be anything like an "X" Sports Network. Maybe TDGN? The Drinking Game Network?

Probably throw the CFL and billards in there too.....
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Meds wrote:Poker,baseball, and golf should all be relegated to the same channel.....and it shouldn't be anything like an "X" Sports Network. Maybe TDGN? The Drinking Game Network?

and 'marbles"... :scowl:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Meds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 pm

rats19 wrote:
Meds wrote:Poker,baseball, and golf should all be relegated to the same channel.....and it shouldn't be anything like an "X" Sports Network. Maybe TDGN? The Drinking Game Network?

They could televise the odd game of jacks too.....

And if I'm talking about drinking games, how do I forget the most classic of all Canadian drinking games.....curling!
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby donlever » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Meds wrote:
rats19 wrote:

They could televise the odd game of jacks too.....

And if I'm talking about drinking games, how do I forget the most classic of all Canadian drinking games.....curling!

...and while they were playing folks could shoot them in the head.

Or the knees.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby dbr » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Now that's a drinking game (and great television)!
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:34 pm

donlever wrote:...and while they were playing folks could shoot them in the head.

Or the knees.

Only if the shooters were drinking too.....fair play and all ya know.
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm assuming these are all things that you suck at ?? :lol: :lol: That said poker isn't a sport it is a game. Taking a whack at golf and baseball is amusing , considering baseball requires more hand eye coordination than ANY other sport played.

Maybe you equate baseball to slow pitch where a person can get gassed and play ????
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 pm

baseball is a really difficult sport to excel at...the average joe can golf etc..maybe not be good at it but can do it.. unless you are a decent ballplayer you just dont play. all others play slowpitch..
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Meds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I'm assuming these are all things that you suck at ?? :lol: :lol: That said poker isn't a sport it is a game. Taking a whack at golf and baseball is amusing , considering baseball requires more hand eye coordination than ANY other sport played.

Maybe you equate baseball to slow pitch where a person can get gassed and play ????

Not a shot at the degree of skill it takes to play those games.

And yes, I do suck at both of those. Though I haven't really played much golf, and when I have I've been relegated to rental clubs which don't really do much for the game of a guy who is 6'6" tall.....but that is neither here nor there.....

Hell, darts requires a fairly high degree of hand-eye.....it's hardly a sport.

I equate sports to something that requires a high level physical effort resulting in perspiration and some labored breathing.

Baseball, well the most I've ever sweated playing that is out in the hot sun while drinking cold beer.

Golf.....ditto.

Personally I find baseball beyond boring to watch, it's alright to play, but it's more for the social aspect of it than the actual competition.
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby donlever » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:46 pm

rats19 wrote: all others play slowpitch..

:mad:

Softball "guy".

A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 pm

donlever wrote:
rats19 wrote: all others play slowpitch..

Softball "guy".

DOH! ...right...right :sly:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 pm

rats19 wrote:baseball is a really difficult sport to excel at...the average joe can golf etc..maybe not be good at it but can do it.. unless you are a decent ballplayer you just dont play. all others play slowpitch..

Disagree on the slowpitch part. As someone who once played for the Coquitlam Reds and ran out of baseball options otherwise I played Mens fastball for 20 + years after that.... still play a bit . I would say the level of play in fastball in the Senior B level is better than any mens hardball I see these days and a fuck of a lot better than the womens fastpitch game that has demanded so much attention these days Thank you Jenny Finch.

ratman your buddy Rod Weisner who is a few years older than me played a season or two with and against me in fastball....ask him how rad the game is. 75- 83 mph from 46 feet gets there a lot quicker than 85- 95 mph from 60 feet.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm

For the record, none of my comments were intended to deride or belittle anyone here (like rats) who happen to like baseball. Just my own personal opinion of the game.

I'm sure there are plenty of American viewers who would turn around and have a similar view towards hockey. Not interested.

I do find it a bit ironic, however, that the Giants swept the Tigers for the World Series last night and it didn't even make the front page on TSN.ca.
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rats19 wrote:baseball is a really difficult sport to excel at...the average joe can golf etc..maybe not be good at it but can do it.. unless you are a decent ballplayer you just dont play. all others play slowpitch..

Disagree on the slowpitch part. As someone who once played for the Coquitlam Reds and ran out of baseball options otherwise I played Mens fastball for 20 + years after that.... still play a bit . I would say the level of play in fastball in the Senior B level is better than any mens hardball I see these days and a fuck of a lot better than the womens fastpitch game that has demanded so much attention these days Thank you Jenny Finch.

ratman your buddy Rod Weisner who is a few years older than me played a season or two with and against me in fastball....ask him how rad the game is. 75- 83 mph from 46 feet gets there a lot quicker than 85- 95 mph from 60 feet.

never said anything about fastball...i agree its good ball.. I just didnt like it..
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Meds » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Actually Blob, taking the mean of those and going 79 mph from 46 feet and 90 mph from 60 feet, the difference in time is actually only 0.05 seconds.

Just saying.
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat