Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Meh , we're splitting hairs here but I would say they didn't have a great playoffs. One say could Kesler as well only had one decent series if we only look at offence.

I'm done on this .... no more highjacking from me.

I don't think we will get both Gardiner and a 1st ,I think it will be either a 1st/Gardiner/Rielly and other assets. Just my opinion. I do not want ANY of Colborne, Kadri or Kulemi or Bozek....... all crap pieces and fatso Burke can keep them.

I would do Gardiner and Biggs
Rielly and Ashton
1st, Finn, +

If Burke wants to add in garbage and shit he can beat it.

There is also the option of Gillis adding in Hansen who has a great value contract and upside if that's what it takes to get a deal done. Vancouver is loaded with 2/3 line tweeners.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby The_Pauser » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Meh , we're splitting hairs here but I would say they didn't have a great playoffs. One say could Kesler as well only had one decent series if we only look at offence.

I don't think we will get both Gardiner and a 1st ,I think it will be either a 1st/Gardiner/Rielly and other assets. Just my opinion. I do not want ANY of Colborne, Kadri or Kulemi or Bozek....... all crap pieces and fatso Burke can keep them.

Rielly and Ashton
1st, Finn, +

There is also the option of Gillis adding in Hansen who has a great value contract and upside if that's what it takes to get a deal done. Vancouver is loaded with 2/3 line tweeners.

I don't value their 1st at the same level as Gardiner, or even Reilly since with Luongo I think it's probably a mid-late teens pick.

I also wouldn't add Jannik Hansen either. He's extremely underrated and given an offensive role I think he would put up some very nice numbers here. I would add Raymond though.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 pm

The 1st is obviously not as valuable as Gardiner or Rielly. That's why I added in Matt Finn + . Finn looks like he'll be a hell of a good young d-man. If I could choose one player from Gardiner or Rielly, i would choose Rielly myself.

I am not jumping up and down to boot Hansen out of town but seeing as a team will be taking a large cap hit and a huge lentgth of term off the Canucks hands in this trade, he could be collateral damage. Hansen could be a top 6 forward on some teams. Vancouver has Burrows, D Sedin, Kassian, Jensen moving forward and also Higgins and Booth. Hansen is expandable.

Raymond is worthless at this point unless he can rebound to his form of 2009-10.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Meh , we're splitting hairs here but I would say they didn't have a great playoffs. One say could Kesler as well only had one decent series if we only look at offence.

Rielly and Ashton
1st, Finn, +

I'm with Blobby Cat on what I want and don't want out of TeeOh
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Mondi wrote:..

If Luongo was a worse player you, wouldn't blame him for Van losing the Cup. If Luongo made less, you wouldn't blame him for Van losing the Cup. So what's your point? The big name guys who make more money and perform better during the regular season have to step up in the playoffs?

I wonder if this logic applies to Booth's 4.5 million and Ballards 4.2 million? Where was Booth and his 4.5 million against the Kings, where was Ballard and his 4.2 million?

I guess if Gillis is responsible for Luongo's current contract and for bringing in Ballard and Booth. Doesn't say much about Gillis judge of 'playoff' talent does it, that is, unless you are extremely happy about the amazing and much celebrated gay ass Presidents Trophy?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:50 pm

okcanuck wrote:
Most of the blame should be directed at the piss-poor refereeing in the finals. If they would have called the games anywhere near like the regular season the cup was ours.

What is with the people of this city and this whole 'blame the ref' bullshite? Blame Bettman bullshite.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby The_Pauser » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
I wonder if this logic applies to Booth's 4.5 million and Ballards 4.2 million? Where was Booth and his 4.5 million against the Kings, where was Ballard and his 4.2 million?

I guess if Gillis is responsible for Luongo's current contract and for bringing in Ballard and Booth. Doesn't say much about Gillis judge of 'playoff' talent does it, that is, unless you are extremely happy about the amazing and much celebrated gay ass Presidents Trophy?

Luongo not being good in the playoffs is a stupid generalization and a flat out lie. In 2009 he had a bad series against Chicago, capped by a horrendous game 6. In 2010 our team PK was utterly atrocious. Luongo had the best ES SVP of any goalie to make it out of round 1 in those playoffs. In 2011, Luongo was our best player in the playoffs (and most consistent player). And in 2012 Luongo was the only player to show up for the first two games.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Meds wrote:
Niemi was a fluke artist. We've all seen his performance since 2009-10. His Cup winning Hawks were arguable one of the most stacked teams to win it in recent history. The next year proved it when they had to blow up their team due to salary constraints. Niemi ended up on another NHL powerhouse, the Sharks, we all know their track record in the post season. Big players shit the bed and don't perform, goalie goes home with the rest of the team. Ironically, Bieksa's series winning goal in the WCF was a fluke which nobody faults Niemi on as he had no idea where the puck was and played it as best he could taking away 90% of the bottom of the net, that wobbler just found its way in.....had that been the Sharks scoring on Luongo Vancouver fans would have crucified Louie for that goal.

Niemi, now there is an amazing stanley cup winning goalie. Goes to show you what can happen if the team in front of you is playing at there best unlike the team in front of Luongo at the time against the Bruins which was brutally injured and could not buy a goal to save their lives.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:01 pm

The_Pauser wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Luongo not being good in the playoffs is a stupid generalization and a flat out lie. In 2009 he had a bad series against Chicago, capped by a horrendous game 6. In 2010 our team PK was utterly atrocious. Luongo had the best ES SVP of any goalie to make it out of round 1 in those playoffs. In 2011, Luongo was our best player in the playoffs (and most consistent player). And in 2012 Luongo was the only player to show up for the first two games.

Mondi seems to disregard the fact that if the Canucks 'COULD SCORE' like they couldn't against the Kings and against the Bruins, kiddy bar the door from the opening face on to win games 2-1, taxing our goaltenders to the 9th degree.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 pm

The_Pauser wrote:It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.

That should have been the turning point for the Canucks. They went in with the mentality that they needed to play the clean game, not get drawn into the after the whistle bullshit and let Boston take the penalties. When Marchand speed-bagged Sedin like that and then Daniel got a penalty as well.....that should have been the point where the Canucks said, "Screw it, if the refs are going to penalize us for getting punched in the face and playing the game clean then we'll just sink all the way to the Bottom Bruins level and go eye-for-eye with the post-whistle, behind the play bullshit." Vigneault should have scrapped our 4th line and filled it with 3 scrubs from the Moose who were there to do nothing but crash, bang, and hurt the opponent after the whistle. Peverly should have been run from behind or speared in the junk his next shift after the hack on Bieksa. Boychuk should have taken at least some form of abuse after jack-knifing Raymond into the boards. Chara should have been submarined and low bridged after every time that he punched a twin or cross-checked them into the ice.

The first 2 or 3 games were fine for being classy and trying to take the high road, but once it was obvious that the officials, and subsequently the league, were firmly on track with the Bruins down in the gutter, well the game has to be played where the majority of the pieces are located I suppose.....

Oh well. What's done is done.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:22 am

Booth and Ballard are (or at least have been) atrocious pickups.

Never once in here have I said Luongo is all to blame or even that he is a bad player. No did I bring up the Boston series specifically. No did I bring up the Kings series.

The apologists just have no reasonable retort to the fact that the two worst games of this guy's career came in two of the biggest games. The other fact around all of this is that GMMG and AV believe Cory Schneider is the better player.

The RL debate is fucking pointless at this junction. We are mid lockout and Cory is now the starter.

He's not worth a top 5 pick. But so what? He's still worth something good. And the Canucks will get it.

As for the blame game in the Boston series...who cares, they lost.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby the Dogsalmon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 am

Zedlee wrote:
donlever wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

Unfortunately I now think that that was the final nail in the coffin of hope and it ain't never gonna happen.

Sigh.

Losing that series, after being up 2-0, was the most devastating thing this fan has experienced. I want a Cup more than anything, but I don't think I'll ever be as emotionally invested in the Canucks as I was in 2011. I just don't have the stomach to take it anymore!

i am still devastated...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby The_Pauser » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:12 am

Mondi wrote:Booth and Ballard are (or at least have been) atrocious pickups.

Never once in here have I said Luongo is all to blame or even that he is a bad player. No did I bring up the Boston series specifically. No did I bring up the Kings series.

The apologists just have no reasonable retort to the fact that the two worst games of this guy's career came in two of the biggest games. The other fact around all of this is that GMMG and AV believe Cory Schneider is the better player.

The RL debate is fucking pointless at this junction. We are mid lockout and Cory is now the starter.

He's not worth a top 5 pick. But so what? He's still worth something good. And the Canucks will get it.

I'm assuming his two worst games you're talking about are Chicago game 6 2009, and Boston game 6 2011?
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 am

The_Pauser wrote:
Mondi wrote:Booth and Ballard are (or at least have been) atrocious pickups.

I'm assuming his two worst games you're talking about are Chicago game 6 2009, and Boston game 6 2011?

The two biggest games in luongo's NHL career to date have to be game six and game seven in the final :(
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Luongo did not steal all 3 games for the Canucks during the finals. What a crock! He played well but so did the rest of the team.

In fact - if it wasn't for Thomas, the Canucks would have blown out the Bruins in Games 1 and 2.

Having said that - Lou was solid in those games.

Also - tell Lever to keep his chin up. :-p. He's what? Early 40's? He still has another 20-40 years left to see the Canucks possibly win.

Ps - why are posters bringing up the 2011 SCF's again in the Luongo thread? Let the past be the past and focus on the future. Besides - that playoff run was still amazing as a whole and we as Canuck fans were still lucky enough to experience it.......especially those of us living in Vancouver at the time.

:eh:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat