Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby donlever » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Damn you Luongo!!! :twisted:

lofl

...and it comes full circle.

Well played.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:17 pm

donlever wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Damn you Luongo!!! :twisted:

lofl

...and it comes full circle.

Well played.

All roads lead to Luongo...now that CoHo is gone
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:18 pm

no way we lose 4 of 5...I cant believe it ..its actually gonna happen...I also remember thinking will I be the same fan..now that the chase has ended? would I care as much having tasted supremacy...sweet sweet supremacy....

we were all in the raft together...little did we know the GPS beacon had run out of batteries and we would float around for ever ...

still floatin...that whole thing fucking sucked. I am pissed off again.....
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Topper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:26 pm

The worst part I recall was how gassed the Bruins appeared at the end of the 1st two games.......but alas.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby donlever » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Topper wrote:The worst part I recall was how gassed the Bruins appeared at the end of the 1st two games.......but alas.

That's right.

Chara looked absolutely spent.

Fukin' Rome.

Fukin' Edlers stick.

Fuk.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby herb » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

I actually remember thinking after game 2, "fuck, this team is so good, we'll have a chance to win it again next year!"

Fuck.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

vic wrote:
Topper wrote:In most of the games that final, Timmy stoned them early in what could have been game changers.

TBL scored 22 goals on Thomas in the previous round, the Canucks with their back to back Art Ross Trophy winners, Selke winner, Hart and Lindsay award winners could only manage 8. The #1 PP in the NHL went an astounding 2-32 (?) in the series. Even if Luongo stood on his head in Game 7 and stopped 60 of 61 shots including 10 breakaways and 3 penalty shots, the guys who are paid to put the puck in the other net couldn't get it done even once in the final game.

Yet people still blame Loungo.

:? :? :?

This one I still put on Vigneault, our blueline, and a bit on the Twins, .

Have you watched the Tampa Bay PP? It's much different from the Canucks. It involves much more cross-ice movement, faster transition passes at the point, and one-timers from the wings and alot rather than at the point. Vigneault is primarily on the hook as the head coach because he is the guy who, at the end of the day, has to take responsibility for the team strategy and gameplan. Our blueline is on the hook because they couldn't handle the puck worth shit at the line and almost all of our PP's killed our momentum in games because of turnovers and SH goals scored off of screw ups by Edler, Bieksa, and whoever else manned the point.....these screw ups were preventable and I've watched junior players play with more composure than our point men displayed. The twins get a bum rap, but here they earned it.....a bit. They are too slow and patient at times. They need the perfect play and always look for the other brother. Henrik was dynamite without Daniel because he didn't care who he distributed the puck to, he just setup the blue or white jersey that was in the best position to score the goal. So it's like comparing apples and oranges when you look at the Bolts PP and then stack it up next to the Canucks'. Everyone said it, everyone knew it, only Lou was willing to publicly state it (and look at the shit storm he got for it).....the only way to beat Thomas was to go side-to-side across the ice and exploit the fact that he is 10 feet out of his crease taking away the puck carrier's shot. The Canucks just continued to run their overload offense that utilizes about 60% of the available offensive zone, and they rarely looked for the back door play.

None of that is Louie's fault. Spooner nailed it. Louie stole 3 games for the Canucks. The team lost 4.
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:09 pm

This whole last 2 (almost) pages is all Lever's fault.

He's pissed about the lockout so he's dredging up the old wounds so we all jump on the angry wagon again.

Fuck am I angry about 2011 all over again.

Fuck you NHL.

There.....ya happy now Donny?

:P
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Potatoe1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Perhaps I'm alone but I just wasn't looking for blame after the loss...

The Bruins were really fucking good from game 3 on,,,,,

I guess after almost 20 years of getting no where in the playoffs, it just seems odd to point the finger at the players who got to game 7 of a final.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby okcanuck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:Perhaps I'm alone but I just wasn't looking for blame after the loss...

I guess after almost 20 years of getting no where in the playoffs, it just seems odd to point the finger at the players who got to game 7 of a final.

Most of the blame should be directed at the piss-poor refereeing in the finals. If they would have called the games anywhere near like the regular season the cup was ours.
okcanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Potatoe1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

okcanuck wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Perhaps I'm alone but I just wasn't looking for blame after the loss...

Most of the blame should be directed at the piss-poor refereeing in the finals. If they would have called the games anywhere near like the regular season the cup was ours.

Refereeing, injuries, incredible goaltending by Thomas, throw it on the pile. We had the better team over all but that just doesnt mean all that much when you are play another excellent team.

That Hamhuis injury was just such a killer, fuck.... Especially given how it happened...

The reality is that it takes a great team and a huge amount of luck to win a cup.

It sucks we lost but making sweeping claims about our team or any of our players is probably misguided.

Best way to win a cup ---- Have a very very good team for a long time and hope shit rolls your way. If things go your way you have a great shot, if they don't you wont.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby The_Pauser » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Enough about the Sedins. They were the only ones who threatened any offence against the Bruins. If they had gotten ANY offensive support from the other three lines playing behind them things may have been different. Team doesn't even make the playoffs , let alone the finals without Henrik and Daniel.

Threatening to score isn't the same thing as scoring. Brandon Reid could threaten to score. The Sedins get paid $12.2M to score, and they played like shit in the SCF. I blame the Sedins for our SCF failures more than Luongo, why? Because Luongo won TWO games by 1-0 scores. In our 3 wins we only managed to score 5 goals while giving up 2 goals. In our 4 losses we only scored an appauling 3 freaking goals. That's disgustingly bad.

The team doesn't make it to game 7 of the SCF without Roberto Luongo, simple as that. The Sedins were playing like shit for the entire playoffs with the exception of the SJ series. They were eaten alive defensively, and weren't first line players offensively. It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:16 pm

The_Pauser wrote: It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.

Agree totally. The whole team were constantly looking at the refs instead of any kind of push back. It had worked all season to that point but it clearly wasn't happening. We really needed to stop being pansies and cowboy up a bit. Didn't work out that way...
Boston wanted to take that series into the gutter and thats exactly what they did.
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 pm

The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Enough about the Sedins. They were the only ones who threatened any offence against the Bruins. If they had gotten ANY offensive support from the other three lines playing behind them things may have been different. Team doesn't even make the playoffs , let alone the finals without Henrik and Daniel.

Threatening to score isn't the same thing as scoring. Brandon Reid could threaten to score. The Sedins get paid $12.2M to score, and they played like shit in the SCF. I blame the Sedins for our SCF failures more than Luongo, why? Because Luongo won TWO games by 1-0 scores. In our 3 wins we only managed to score 5 goals while giving up 2 goals. In our 4 losses we only scored an appauling 3 freaking goals. That's disgustingly bad.

The team doesn't make it to game 7 of the SCF without Roberto Luongo, simple as that. The Sedins were playing like shit for the entire playoffs with the exception of the SJ series. They were eaten alive defensively, and weren't first line players offensively. It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.

The twins were not great for sure. They were however the only line that could sustain any threat in the B's end. They also got the Chara, Seidenburg matchup along with rugby rules and the top checking line. They had a bad series. To say they were crap throughout the playoffs is stupid. They open up so much room for the other lines and ALWAYS take the top defensive pairing away .

I also hated the Marchand speedbagging of Danny , but Sedin should have speared him in the bag. I have no idea why he took that. He would have been pissing blood if I had been D Sedin. MAybe Sedin knew like the rest of us that the Canucks only had one or two players capable of beating Marchand in a fight and they didn't seem very interested in evening the score.

The twins had a crappy series but they are behind AV, the officilas, injuries and a lack of heart byt the entire team when it comes to throwing blame around for that cup fiasco.

BAck on topic this is a Luongo thread.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby The_Pauser » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The twins were not great for sure. They were however the only line that could sustain any threat in the B's end. They also got the Chara, Seidenburg matchup along with rugby rules and the top checking line. They had a bad series. To say they were crap throughout the playoffs is stupid. They open up so much room for the other lines and ALWAYS take the top defensive pairing away .

I also hated the Marchand speedbagging of Danny , but Sedin should have speared him in the bag. I have no idea why he took that. He would have been pissing blood if I had been D Sedin. MAybe Sedin knew like the rest of us that the Canucks only had one or two players capable of beating Marchand in a fight and they didn't seem very interested in evening the score.

The twins had a crappy series but they are behind AV, the officilas, injuries and a lack of heart byt the entire team when it comes to throwing blame around for that cup fiasco.

BAck on topic this is a Luongo thread.

They usually get the top pairing, but in the Nashville series when Kesler was dominating he began drawing the Weber-Suter pairing more and more, while the Sedins could do nothing against O'Brien and Franson.

The Sedins had a bad playoffs. I'll leave it at that.

Luongo should bring back a package that includes Gardiner and a 1st round pick.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat