Page 132 of 160

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:21 am
by SKYO
Why we want Luongo gone:


Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 am
by herb
Lest we forget 7uongo...

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 am
by dbr
In other goaltending news, the Dallas Stars snuck an extension with Kari Lehtonen under the wire, for some reason they wanted to lock this player in for five years at $29.5m, that's over half a million more than Luongo's cap hit (Luongo will get paid about $4m more over the span of that deal).

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 pm
by the Dogsalmon
dbr wrote:In other goaltending news, the Dallas Stars snuck an extension with Kari Lehtonen under the wire, for some reason they wanted to lock this player in for five years at $29.5m, that's over half a million more than Luongo's cap hit (Luongo will get paid about $4m more over the span of that deal).

Lu's contract looks better and better all the time...

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 pm
by Southern_Canuck
Lehtonen's contrat makes Luongo's the 10th highest cap hit for goalies... any bets on where he'll be on that list in 5 years?

Luongo probably plays only until 2018, and most likely stays at a top ten level for performance - however he'll likely be out of the top 15 cap hits for goalies.

A bargain. If Burke hadn't overspent for Kessel, much to his and the franchise's embarrassment, he would certainly be offering something similar for Luongo. Held prisoner by past mistakes!

S_C

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm
by RoyalDude
So what is the fucking latest, Hockey Widow? What ya hearin"? Personally, I think Lou is going to Florda, I HOPE HE IS GOING TO FLORIDA. The Panthers have way to many good pieces to dish us in return. The Leaves don't. What about Kulikov? The kid is supposed to be a dynamo? How the fuck did FLA get all these good young players? Well, I know how they got Howden.

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:21 pm
by Hockey Widow
RoyalDude wrote:So what is the fucking latest, Hockey Widow? What ya hearin"? Personally, I think Lou is going to Florda, I HOPE HE IS GOING TO FLORIDA. The Panthers have way to many good pieces to dish us in return. The Leaves don't. What about Kulikov? The kid is supposed to be a dynamo? How the fuck did FLA get all these good young players? Well, I know how they got Howden.

LOL

THE LATEST, WAIT FOR IT, LET ME SEE, ON HOLD, OK, GOT IT.

Sorry, nothing new to report, something about a lockout and an expired CBA.

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm
by SKYO
Jonathan Huberdeau or bust. :)

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:01 pm
by RoyalDude
So, whats the deal with all these rumors flying about that Luongo to Toronto is a done deal? I was all happy that a trade might actually happen until Mr. Happy Mike Gillis poo poo'ed the rumors today, although I ain't too pleased these trade rumors are with Toronto cause there is absolutely nothing I want out of that organization unless it's Morgan Reilly or Jake Gardiner in which I don't think Burkie is that stupid to trade them, ya just know he is trying to flog useless pieces of shit that won't make us any better like Kadri, Colbourne, Lupul, McCarthur, Kulimen etc. I don't mind Biggs or Ashton if they are part of a bigger package but I would certainly need more than just Ashton and Biggs to get all happy like.

That being said, with Gillis track record when it comes to trading, ya just know damn well that trade will suck on all fronts for us.

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:14 pm
by FAN
I'm warming up to the idea of Colborne becoming a Canuck. The guy's heart, commitment, and toughness have been questioned in the past, but he apparently played through some serious pain last season. Plenty of upside there. I wonder who's the rumored asset that Toronto was unwilling to part with but are now willing to part with. Frattin? Fatty Kadri perhaps?

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 pm
by Meds
FAN wrote:I'm warming up to the idea of Colborne becoming a Canuck. The guy's heart, commitment, and toughness have been questioned in the past, but he apparently played through some serious pain last season. Plenty of upside there. I wonder who's the rumored asset that Toronto was unwilling to part with but are now willing to part with. Frattin? Fatty Kadri perhaps?
At least if Kadri came to Vancouver the Canucks could bank on absolute support from Surrey and Pitt Meadows.....

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 am
by dbr
Are there a lot of Lebanese people out that way?

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 am
by donlever
dbr wrote:Are there a lot of Lebanese people out that way?

BOOM goes the dynamite.

lofl

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 am
by Fred
I susepct that either Kadri or Colbourne would be better here than they'll achieve in TO .... IMO, there's an inner pressure on this team to perform. I see Kassian get into the sort of shape he may never have been in for his hockey days. Seems difficult to judge Cobourne he had two torn ligaments and a broken bone in his wrist and yet played out the season. From what I can gather he's a second line player a sort of a poor man's Bjugstad. He's big boy I believe 6' 4" 200 +

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 am
by RoyalDude
Fred wrote:I susepct that either Kadri or Colbourne would be better here than they'll achieve in TO .... IMO, there's an inner pressure on this team to perform. I see Kassian get into the sort of shape he may never have been in for his hockey days. Seems difficult to judge Cobourne he had two torn ligaments and a broken bone in his wrist and yet played out the season. From what I can gather he's a second line player a sort of a poor man's Bjugstad. He's big boy I believe 6' 4" 200 +

Kadri is not my kind of player, I see him having as successful of an NHL career as Josh Holden/Jeff Tambellini did. Comparable type players. I see him as not being of any benefit to this organization, not the type of player this organization needs. Park Colbourne in the same category. Mike Gillis surely has to get a far better return for Luongo than those two meatheads.

He's a big boy Fred (Colbourne) but surely doesn't play big. He's another Chad Kilger type, complete and total meh. This organization is far and away better keeping Luongo instead if that is all that Burkie is offering.