Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Lancer »

Flip a coin between Ellerby or Petrovic - I'd take Petrovic personally - but that wouldn't be a bad haul. Matthias would be good insurance if Malhotra can't regain his form. That said, I think the may be bigger than that on both sides if Tallon wants to shed contract $.

Didn't I hear somewhere that next year's draft projects to be deeper than the past one? If so, a first may at least be a good bargaining chip in future trades or may net a good prospect.

I'd like to see what else is out there though...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Hockey Widow wrote:As long as Luongo doesn't get pissy, and I don't expect him to, we are fine starting the season with both. Maybe the Flyers will want a real goalie now and make a pitch then dump that other guy they made a mistake on. :D Lend him out to the KHL to avoid the cap hit.
HW, while I see the theory of lending someone like Lou to the KHL I think that would be an absolute killer when it came to Lou's cooperation with the team. If as we've discussed before part of Lou's desire to leave Van is to be with family I don't see how a KHL loan is anything but the absolute opposite. If I were Lou I'd say no and then start to play hardball on the NTC/NMC portions of the contract. I also don't think it would be a positive sign to other players considering Van as a future destination. IMO, a KHL loan is a loose-loose.

Just my $0.05
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

wafflecombine wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:As long as Luongo doesn't get pissy, and I don't expect him to, we are fine starting the season with both. Maybe the Flyers will want a real goalie now and make a pitch then dump that other guy they made a mistake on. :D Lend him out to the KHL to avoid the cap hit.
HW, while I see the theory of lending someone like Lou to the KHL I think that would be an absolute killer when it came to Lou's cooperation with the team. If as we've discussed before part of Lou's desire to leave Van is to be with family I don't see how a KHL loan is anything but the absolute opposite. If I were Lou I'd say no and then start to play hardball on the NTC/NMC portions of the contract. I also don't think it would be a positive sign to other players considering Van as a future destination. IMO, a KHL loan is a loose-loose.

Just my $0.05
I think HW meant the Flyers loaning Bryzgalov to the KHL.

Which in Bryz's universe, is logical!
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

wafflecombine wrote:

Just my $0.05
She meant Bryzgalov to the KHL.

Not sure if that works as Bryz has a NMC.....
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Hey, anyone think she meant Bryzgalov?
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

That goalie fellow over in Philadelphia.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Used to play with doan...guy
Getting old is not for the young...
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Bryz, not Lou

(sorry, had to get in on that action)

An Lou doesn't have a NMC (IIRC), so the team could always send him to the Wolves - but I seriously doubt MG would do that.
Last edited by vic on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

She was talking about Ken Lockett, that's clear.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Been thinking about it and rather than Luongo... for... Matthias, Petrovic, and a 2nd

... howsabout Luongo... for... Matthias, Ellerby, and a 2nd?

Have I mentioned Ellerby is Doan's cousin? :D

... 10th overall in 2010!

That's two big strapping yound lads who can step right into last-pairing and the bottom-six and the respectively.

Then Doan choo-choo-chooses us, we dump Raymond & Ballard and sign an experienced 3rd-pairing vet.

Win Cup.

Repeat.
Don't know about the Ellerby angle, Doc. General consensus is that Petrovic's ceiling is higher, not to mention that Petrovic is a right sided (right shot) defenseman and that Ellerby is a left-sided defenseman. I also like Petrovic's nastiness. A presence we need on D.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

If the return that Columbus got for Nash is any indication, we won't be looking at any more that 1 top prospect or roster player coming our way for Luongo. They are comparable in some ways in my opinion and Florida will definitely be using that package as a comparable in dealing with Gillis.
I'd be all in for Bjugstad personally.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

The guy form NHL Beat( never heard of him so don't know if he is credible ) has said that Florida has agreed to include Bjustad if the Canucks add Schroeder and a 2nd... fwiw...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: I also like Petrovic's nastiness.
Yes, yes as I said before: "Petrovic is a major asshole".

Which is just what the doctor ordered....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:If the return that Columbus got for Nash is any indication, we won't be looking at any more that 1 top prospect or roster player coming our way for Luongo. They are comparable in some ways in my opinion and Florida will definitely be using that package as a comparable in dealing with Gillis.
I'd be all in for Bjugstad personally.
I dunno about that. Individually Luongo has done more for his team than Nash. When the team boasted a roster that was, at best, middle of the pack, Luongo kept them in the hunt for the division and got them to the second round. He gave Florida a fighting chance while he was there too. Luongo has been among the top players at his position for years.

Nash has done nothing other than win the Richard trophy (with one of the lowest totals ever by a winner I might add). He has topped out at 79 points and has a career average of 66.5 points per season (factored over 82 games). I'm not really sure where that puts him in the league, but I would say it is roughly in the 30th-50th overall category.....that's where a guy like Joffery Lupul lands btw.

Luongo has a cap hit of $5.5M. Nash has a cap hit of $7.8M. Luongo's contract is 4 years longer, but most people know that Luongo will be done in 6 or 7 years anyhow. Nash doesn't give his team a chance to win every game.....Luongo still might do that, and Lou is $2.3M cheaper than Nash. Luongo should bring something fairly comparable back in return, I'm thinking a good second line forward and a either a middle of the road prospect and high pick or a top prospect and a middle of the pack draft pick.
surreal78

Post by surreal78 »

Luongo's cap hit is only $5.3m, FWIW.