Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Aaronp18 »

Jovocop wrote: I am not sure MG really wants a party animal like Kane on the team. Not long ago, MG just got rid of O'Brien. The Hawks need Luongo more so than we need a weasel like Kane. However, if it is a three way deal to land a physical top-six, MG would definitely love to do it.
Luo to Chicago

P. Kane to Van.

P. Kane to Winnipeg

E. Kane to Van

:thumbs:

Wonder if Patty would enjoy the party scene in Winterpeg?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Jovocop wrote: I am not sure MG really wants a party animal like Kane on the team. Not long ago, MG just got rid of O'Brien. The Hawks need Luongo more so than we need a weasel like Kane. However, if it is a three way deal to land a physical top-six, MG would definitely love to do it.
Luo to Chicago

P. Kane to Van.

P. Kane to Winnipeg

E. Kane to Van

:thumbs:

Wonder if Patty would enjoy the party scene in Winterpeg?
Sounds like a good plan!! :lol:
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Evander is a finisher not a set up guy. Patrick can do both and he is a deviuos little git to play aginst. I would keep Patrick over Evander only due to his ability to make the second line go.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canuck-One wrote: I would keep Patrick over Evander only due to his ability to make the second line go.
Are you kidding me????
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:We need a proven NHL centre coming back in the Luongo trade, one who can also play wing. Proven, because Kesler is out to start the season (so if Schroeder ain’t ready we’s be fucked y’all). Play the wing because.... if Schroeder IS ready; and after Kesler comes back; we need a guy who can slide to the wing. Heck, a centre/winger means versatility.

Lappy can be moved into the top 6 for limited spurts only, and we don’t know if Manny is even gonna make the cut.

If we’re sending Lou home to Florida, none of their top forward prospects are guaranteed to be ready (and looking at it from their point of view, they should NOT give one up in a Luongo trade). Looking over their centres, they simply can’t afford to give up one of 1st-line Weiss or 3rd-line Goc (2nd line C should be one of their prospects - likely Huberdeau). What’s left then is Santorelli and Matthias. Not interested in Santorelli, but Matthias is intriguing.

Matthias is a 3rd line centre/left-winger. A big strong 24 year old with 212 NHL games under his belt. Played on the 2nd PK unit last year with the Cats. He’s the type of under-the-radar bang-for-the-buck guy Gillis is always looking for. Not a fighter, except when the time comes to defend a teammate (jumps right in). I hear he has leadership qualities. He currently pulls in $850K and is an RFA in one year (double that on a 3-year-extention?). Matthias has all the makings of a solid career-bottom-sixer.

Alex Petrovic is a very solid physical dee (36th o/a 2010) who plays the RS. He is an asshole.

Petrovic would be the centrepiece in the trade I’m about to suggest.

IF we HAVE TO deal Lou to Florida (it would be the classy thing to do, sending a player who has been great for us to the team he wants to go to) would any of you homers be interested in: Luongo for Matthias, Petrovic, and a 2nd ?

That would be my rock-bottom price from Florida.

What say you men?

And HW? :D
Been thinking about it and rather than Luongo... for... Matthias, Petrovic, and a 2nd

... howsabout Luongo... for... Matthias, Ellerby, and a 2nd?

Have I mentioned Ellerby is Doan's cousin? :D

... 10th overall in 2010!

That's two big strapping yound lads who can step right into last-pairing and the bottom-six and the respectively.

Then Doan choo-choo-chooses us, we dump Raymond & Ballard and sign an experienced 3rd-pairing vet.

Win Cup.

Repeat.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

RoyalDude wrote:
Canuck-One wrote: I would keep Patrick over Evander only due to his ability to make the second line go.
Are you kidding me????
E Kane put up approximately equal assists & goals since junior. He has the speed required to gain the zone, passing ability, and the hockey sense to get to scoring positions. The guy hasn't even filled out yet & he's a physical presence.

Past comparisons/expectations include a Modano like performance, but he has better acceleration, physicality and mean streak, although not as good a passer, IMO. Modano set a high standard. Kane put up 57pts last season at the tender age of 20, & he's only going to get better. Expect him to crack 80pts/season.

I want this guy on our team.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Toronto still makes the most sense they have the pieces that fit... I keep seeing fans pine after the Panthers I just don't see it...
Theodore's Stats vs Luongo's

Theodore 53games played 3049 min 2.46gaa 22 w 16 l 11 ot 3 so 1502 shots against 125 goals against with a 917%
Luongo 55games played 3162 min 2.41 gaa 31 w 14 l 8 ot 5 so 1577 shots against 127 goals against with a 919%

Consider one guy makes 1.5 mil and wouldn't hinder the development Jakob Markstrom and the other guy's cap hit is 5.3 mil for the next 7 yrs MINIMUM...

Am I sayin Jose is as good as Lou??? Nope but IMO there is no way Tallon Gives up anything for Luongo that hurts his club down the road, essentially fo a goalie who has stats eerily similar to his own who also is 4 mil cheaper...

Toronto makes the most sense, it won't be the pospect bonanza that Canuck fans have worked themselves in a frenzy thinking they are going to get... Instead of dreaming of the homerun deal maybe you have to advance the runners along and play small ball Tyler Bozak is where you start the Leaves have Colborne coming they will slide Van Riemsdyk in the middle they have Grabovski so Bozak makes sense and here he FITS... I LOVE Cody Franson, Local kid, big Defenseman don't know if the Leaves give him up but with Reilly coming soon Gadiner there you would have to sweeten the pot, they would probably want to move Komisarek's contract... But to me they have pieces that fit you could add to this trade thow in guys like Tanev,Raymond and things that could get really interesting but to me Toronto makes the most sense...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

With Versteeg locked up for 4 years now, I wonder if he becomes part of a package for Luongo?
cc oldtimer
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

Hey Paddy

There was an interesting article recently (Jul 21) over at Broad St. Hockey with goalie comparisons:
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/7 ... tage-or-sv

One of the points they made was that almost every goalie has an off year here and there, and comparing two goalies based on one year's performance may not be a good way to compare them (I also sometimes wonder what the numbers for Lu would look like if they threw out Oct and Nov starts but that is another story).

Comparing numbers over their careers, you get a better idea of what the difference in salary gets you.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

paddy wrote: Am I sayin Jose is as good as Lou??? Nope but IMO there is no way Tallon Gives up anything for Luongo that hurts his club down the road, essentially fo a goalie who has stats eerily similar to his own who also is 4 mil cheaper...
This is Dale Tallon who signed Huet when he had Khabibulin. The fact that Tallon is interested in Luongo suggests that he sees Luongo as an upgrade over what he has and perhaps doesn't believe Markstrom is the answer or can be the answer in the near future.

Personally, I hope Gillis is open to the idea of acquiring prospects and draft picks for Luongo, if so, I see Florida as a good trading partner, if not, I don't see how Florida would come up with a package for Luongo that Gillis would accept.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Strangelove wrote:
Strangelove wrote:We need a proven NHL centre coming back in the Luongo trade, one who can also play wing. Proven, because Kesler is out to start the season (so if Schroeder ain’t ready we’s be fucked y’all). Play the wing because.... if Schroeder IS ready; and after Kesler comes back; we need a guy who can slide to the wing. Heck, a centre/winger means versatility.

Lappy can be moved into the top 6 for limited spurts only, and we don’t know if Manny is even gonna make the cut.

If we’re sending Lou home to Florida, none of their top forward prospects are guaranteed to be ready (and looking at it from their point of view, they should NOT give one up in a Luongo trade). Looking over their centres, they simply can’t afford to give up one of 1st-line Weiss or 3rd-line Goc (2nd line C should be one of their prospects - likely Huberdeau). What’s left then is Santorelli and Matthias. Not interested in Santorelli, but Matthias is intriguing.

Matthias is a 3rd line centre/left-winger. A big strong 24 year old with 212 NHL games under his belt. Played on the 2nd PK unit last year with the Cats. He’s the type of under-the-radar bang-for-the-buck guy Gillis is always looking for. Not a fighter, except when the time comes to defend a teammate (jumps right in). I hear he has leadership qualities. He currently pulls in $850K and is an RFA in one year (double that on a 3-year-extention?). Matthias has all the makings of a solid career-bottom-sixer.

Alex Petrovic is a very solid physical dee (36th o/a 2010) who plays the RS. He is an asshole.

Petrovic would be the centrepiece in the trade I’m about to suggest.

IF we HAVE TO deal Lou to Florida (it would be the classy thing to do, sending a player who has been great for us to the team he wants to go to) would any of you homers be interested in: Luongo for Matthias, Petrovic, and a 2nd ?

That would be my rock-bottom price from Florida.

What say you men?

And HW? :D
Been thinking about it and rather than Luongo... for... Matthias, Petrovic, and a 2nd

... howsabout Luongo... for... Matthias, Ellerby, and a 2nd?

That's two big strapping yound lads who can step right into last-pairing and the bottom-six and the respectively.

Then Doan choo-choo-chooses us, we dump Raymond & Ballard and sign an experienced 3rd-pairing vet.

Win Cup.

Repeat.
Better hop RD doesn't see this - he hates Matthias, in his opinion he's a big slug that shouldn't be anywhere near this team.

I'd take Matthias - he's a 24 year old big, strong center who can play RW as well, would fit in very well in the bottom 6. I still have no idea what's going to happen with Lu as Gillis wants a big return - at some point you'd think he'll have to cut bait and take the best offer on the table, can't see Lu coming back next year.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

As long as Luongo doesn't get pissy, and I don't expect him to, we are fine starting the season with both. Maybe the Flyers will want a real goalie now and make a pitch then dump that other guy they made a mistake on. :D Lend him out to the KHL to avoid the cap hit.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: ... howsabout Luongo... for... Matthias, Ellerby, and a 2nd?

Win Cup.

Repeat.
Better hope RD doesn't see this - he hates Matthias, in his opinion he's a big slug that shouldn't be anywhere near this team.

I'd take Matthias - he's a 24 year old big, strong center who can play RW as well, would fit in very well in the bottom 6.
Well the fact RD doesn't like Matthias only strengthens my argument here at the Corner. :thumbs:

Ellerby is a big strong Christian lad and a team can't have too many of those amirite? :mex:

Hmmm that prolly should be a 1st rather than a 2nd....

Luongo... for... Matthias, Ellerby, and a 1st
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote: Luongo... for... Matthias, Ellerby, and a 1st
MG would love that and I hope Tallon would too. I would throw in Raymond.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

FAN wrote: Personally, I hope Gillis is open to the idea of acquiring prospects and draft picks for Luongo, if so, I see Florida as a good trading partner, if not, I don't see how Florida would come up with a package for Luongo that Gillis would accept.
Prospects and picks are not going to help the Canucks win the cup in the current window, especially with AV behind the bench...they need NHL ready players back, hence the waiting game.

Once the season is a few months old, teams who are struggling with their goal tending will be looking to upgrade - Luongo is the best goalie available, they'll part with roster players to get him.