Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by CFP! »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
donlever wrote:Luongo is not going to Columbus.

You can take that to the bank.
Agreed, the only logical destination would be Tampa Bay.
Maybe the MOST, but not the ONLY.

I see Florida, New Jersey, Washington as possibilities too. Outside chance for Pittsburgh if they decide to put a close to the Fleury era.
I dont see how TB can fit in another $5.3 cap hit with Vinny, St Louis, Stamkos and Malone.

FLA has Markstrom for the future and with Theodore and Clemmensen on the downward swing the timing may be to early for them to take Luo, not seeing what Markstrom can do at the NHL level. You'd have to think they'd be on Luo's list however. WSH is in the same boat with Nuevirth and Holtby. The only outside team that probably doesn't have what it takes in their cupboards would be TO.

Still think Cory could be the one gone.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I agree. It's just Nash is 6'4", 220lbs and can score almost at will. Did I mention he's on the block?

If there was a way, I'd definitely explore the possibility.
If you need air...call it in
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Uncle dans leg wrote:

I agree. It's just Nash is 6'4", 220lbs and can score almost at will. Did I mention he's on the block?

That way would be a three way.

Something like Neuvirth/Semin to Columbus, Lou to Washington, Nash to us.
2011..... the one that got away.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Or Luo + Edler to Tampon, Connelly + Malone to Columbus, Nash to VCR

Edit-We need more! Somehow we need to add a good young d-man coming our way....Say Mark Methot
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

CFP! wrote: The only outside team that probably doesn't have what it takes in their cupboards would be TO.
Jersey.
DeLevering since 1999.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

donlever wrote:
CFP! wrote: The only outside team that probably doesn't have what it takes in their cupboards would be TO.
Jersey.
You no rikey Parise?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

CFP! wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Jovocop wrote: Agreed, the only logical destination would be Tampa Bay.
Maybe the MOST, but not the ONLY.

I see Florida, New Jersey, Washington as possibilities too. Outside chance for Pittsburgh if they decide to put a close to the Fleury era.
I dont see how TB can fit in another $5.3 cap hit with Vinny, St Louis, Stamkos and Malone.

FLA has Markstrom for the future and with Theodore and Clemmensen on the downward swing the timing may be to early for them to take Luo, not seeing what Markstrom can do at the NHL level. You'd have to think they'd be on Luo's list however. WSH is in the same boat with Nuevirth and Holtby. The only outside team that probably doesn't have what it takes in their cupboards would be TO.

Still think Cory could be the one gone.
Yzerman will definitely like to move shed some salary to take on Luongo. Malone would be the most logical choice. He has the size, grit, and experiences that the Canucks would love to add to the current top-six. However, I believe that Luongo has more trade value than Malone. That is why I would like to add Edler and Hedman into the proposal. That should be a pretty even trade in terms of value and cap hit.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Jovocop wrote:
Yzerman will definitely like to move shed some salary to take on Luongo. Malone would be the most logical choice. He has the size, grit, and experiences that the Canucks would love to add to the current top-six. However, I believe that Luongo has more trade value than Malone. That is why I would like to add Edler and Hedman into the proposal. That should be a pretty even trade in terms of value and cap hit.
Then why not Luongo and Edler for Hedman and Connolly? Organizational needs filled...
Then RK17 to Columbus for Nash and Johanssen....
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
donlever wrote:
Jersey.
You no rikey Parise?
We want to get bigger! not Scott Gomez smaller! :scowl:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote:

Do the Canucks really want a talented but lazy player on the team? I understand that his problem might have to do with playing for a basement team. I do not question his talent but his work ethic is the biggest question mark. I still believe that the Canucks need warriors.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

CFP! wrote: We want to get bigger! not Scott Gomez smaller! :scowl:
I think Parise is the kind of talent you make an exception for in the size department.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Jovocop wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

Do the Canucks really want a talented but lazy player on the team? I understand that his problem might have to do with playing for a basement team. I do not question his talent but his work ethic is the biggest question mark. I still believe that the Canucks need warriors.
I think he's a much better player than what he's shown of late. I was one who didn't want him either but there's no denying the upside of acquiring him. He has sweet hands and an absolute rocket of a wrister. I posted a trade where Kesler goes for Nash and Johanssen. We definitely would need to add a guy like say Jensen to make that work but I can see that having potential for both sides. If we added Connolly then thats a pretty significant change to our second line that I like.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Then why not Luongo and Edler for Hedman and Connolly? Organizational needs filled...
Then RK17 to Columbus for Nash and Johanssen....
Hedman and Edler have a very similar cap hit. Luongo for Connolly would not work for Yzerman. He still needs to move a $4m+ player to take on Luongo's contract. Malone is only 32 y.o. and with 3 more years on his current contract ($4.5m). $4.5m was a lot for Malone two years ago. However, I would say that it is not a very bad contract now for a 50 points guy that has size and grit.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
donlever wrote:
Jersey.
You no rikey Parise?
Parise is an UFA.

Sign and trade maybe, but there's no way we move one of our tenders to Jersey unless Parise is going to be here long term.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
CFP! wrote: We want to get bigger! not Scott Gomez smaller! :scowl:
I think Parise is the kind of talent you make an exception for in the size department.
Definitely. There are only two players on the Canucks that have more talents than Parise...