Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by vic »

coco_canuck wrote: Based on what you've said over the past couple months, Gillis already has a preliminary feel for the interest in Luongo, and he's probably identified a series of players/picks from teams like Toronto and Tampa, and it's a matter of him getting what he wants. As soon as one of the teams gives him what he's looking for, a deal will get done. The draft is a good place to get things done, if it's not done by then, because a number of things can happen that change the landscape in an instant.
I'm sure this past year's trade deadline game him a good feel for the interest in CS as well.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

People shouldn't be surprised about Florida if that happens. The various knowledgable pundits automatically put the two Florida teams on his list so it seems the obvious extension that where there is smoke there is fire concerning his family.

Florida is NOT sold on Markstrom at this time. Clemmenson and Theodore while doing a nice job holding the fort this season are still Clemmenson and Theodore. Florida shouldn't be a shocking destination. RD will likely not be impressed as Gillis would just be picking up more Florida losers. unless of course one of those losers is Howden. If they bring Markstrom along slowly the next couple of years it may turn into a Schneider/Luongo situation for them which isn't a bad thing for the Panthers. If he doesn't develop they still have a great goaltender for several years.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

If Florida is willing to give up Gudbranson, then a trade will get done quickly.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..If Howden is part of the package then we get to hear about the Grabner, Ballard, first thing over and over again from RD and S_C.

Yippee!!
DeLevering since 1999.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

donlever wrote:..If Howden is part of the package then we get to hear about the Grabner, Ballard, first thing over and over again from RD and S_C.

Yippee!!
I doubt Howden would be a central part of a package for Luongo.

Gillis could have drafted him if he wanted, and to me it looks like Howden is more likely to be a strong two-way 3rd line winger, something we have enough of already.

I'd tell Florida the discussion begins and ends with either Gudbranson, Kulikov or Hubredeau.

Other than that, I'm not all that enthused with anyone on their roster other than Mathius, who can be that 3rd line C we're looking for, but I don't like the idea of trading Luongo for a 3rd line C.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

coco_canuck wrote: I'd tell Florida the discussion begins and ends with either Gudbranson, Kulikov or Hubredeau.
Hmmm....

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Gudbranson

*sprongggg*
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

coco_canuck wrote:
donlever wrote:..If Howden is part of the package then we get to hear about the Grabner, Ballard, first thing over and over again from RD and S_C.

Yippee!!
I doubt Howden would be a central part of a package for Luongo.
I reread my post several times and I just can't seem to see where I said anything like that.

...what about Weiss?
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: ...what about Weiss?
THAT would make RD's head explode!! :shock:

Hmmmmmmm....... okay. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

donlever wrote: I reread my post several times and I just can't seem to see where I said anything like that.
I didn't mean it that way, it was just a comment on Howden, not relating it to what you were saying.
Yeah Weiss is good too, but he's a smallish centre, so I'd rate him behind Hubredeau, Gudbranson, and Kulikov.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

.... I distictly remember RD mockingly asking awile back: "Who's next from Florida WEISS??!!" :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

coco_canuck wrote:
donlever wrote: I reread my post several times and I just can't seem to see where I said anything like that.
I didn't mean it that way, it was just a comment on Howden, not relating it to what you were saying.
Yeah Weiss is good too, but he's a smallish centre, so I'd rate him behind Hubredeau, Gudbranson, and Kulikov.

Oh for sure, Gudbranson is what I want.

But I can't see Tallon wanting to trade him so figuring other options is where I am going.

Certainly not a Weiss for Luo straight up deal but a mix and match thing.

Thing is with Weiss we could go...

Booth Weiss Kes as a 2nd line

..or..

Hank

Weiss

Kes

..as our 1-3 centers.

Plus he gives us a center who can distribute for our second unit PP.

Anyway, just throwing shit out there.

I think you are right though.

GMMG wants to get bigger and Stephen does not fit that bill for sure.

Plus if we picked up Weiss the Cody crowd would go nuts saying we already had one of those and moved him..

:sly:

I also wouldn't be sick to see Brian Campbell coming our way either.
Last edited by donlever on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote:.... I distictly remember RD mockingly asking awile back: "Who's next from Florida WEISS??!!" :D

I distictly (sic) remember RD (in his earlier incarnation as BD) telling us all that Rene Vydraney was our next PP QB and we should do whatever we can to draft Milan Gajic out of the BCHL.

:roll:
DeLevering since 1999.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

While this is a bit off topic I thought I'd bring it up.

I find the amount of love that Lou is now getting amongst various message boards, professional commentators and what not to be incredibly ironic. While its has occurred to a much lesser extent here, over on the CDC its insane. Posters who publically stated that a broken stick and a bag of pucks for Lou was a gross overpayment are now waxing on nostalgically about all the things Lou brought and how he was somehow this elder statesman that helped develop Cory.

I mean... really? Its like dumping your longtime girlfriend for the hotter, newer model but saying "hey, you made a damn fine pot roast in your day"

I just thought I'd say the irony of the situation and people's reaction to it was very amusing. I'm not sure things would be quite as gracious if it were Lou staying and Cory going (and that could STILL happen).

People are funny :stupid:
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

donlever wrote: Certainly not a Weiss for Luo straight up deal but a mix and match thing.

Thing is with Weiss we could go...

Booth Weiss Kes as a 2nd line

..or..

Hank

Weiss

Kes

..as our 1-3 centers.

Plus he gives us a center who can distribute for our second unit PP.
He's certainly versatile, and he's a good two-way player, so he could centre the third line as well.

Maybe if he comes with Matthias and something else.

And you're right, I don't see Tallon giving up Gudbranson. He's exactly what every team wants. I don't see him giving up Hubredeau either.

Maybe Kulikov could be available. He would fit in very nicely on this blue line.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:
Strangelove wrote:.... I distictly remember RD mockingly asking awile back: "Who's next from Florida WEISS??!!" :D

I distictly (sic) remember RD (in his earlier incarnation as BD) telling us all that Rene Vydraney was our next PP QB and we should do whatever we can to draft Milan Gajic out of the BCHL.

:roll:
Yes he did go on about Gajic didn't he. :D

Donlever stirs the drink and Dude disturbs the shit.

To be honest though, I'm not a fan of Weiss and as you say he's not what GMMG is looking for.
____
Try to focus on someday.