Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The_Pauser wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
I wonder if this logic applies to Booth's 4.5 million and Ballards 4.2 million? Where was Booth and his 4.5 million against the Kings, where was Ballard and his 4.2 million?

I guess if Gillis is responsible for Luongo's current contract and for bringing in Ballard and Booth. Doesn't say much about Gillis judge of 'playoff' talent does it, that is, unless you are extremely happy about the amazing and much celebrated gay ass Presidents Trophy?
Luongo not being good in the playoffs is a stupid generalization and a flat out lie. In 2009 he had a bad series against Chicago, capped by a horrendous game 6. In 2010 our team PK was utterly atrocious. Luongo had the best ES SVP of any goalie to make it out of round 1 in those playoffs. In 2011, Luongo was our best player in the playoffs (and most consistent player). And in 2012 Luongo was the only player to show up for the first two games.
Mondi seems to disregard the fact that if the Canucks 'COULD SCORE' like they couldn't against the Kings and against the Bruins, kiddy bar the door from the opening face on to win games 2-1, taxing our goaltenders to the 9th degree.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The_Pauser wrote:It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.
That should have been the turning point for the Canucks. They went in with the mentality that they needed to play the clean game, not get drawn into the after the whistle bullshit and let Boston take the penalties. When Marchand speed-bagged Sedin like that and then Daniel got a penalty as well.....that should have been the point where the Canucks said, "Screw it, if the refs are going to penalize us for getting punched in the face and playing the game clean then we'll just sink all the way to the Bottom Bruins level and go eye-for-eye with the post-whistle, behind the play bullshit." Vigneault should have scrapped our 4th line and filled it with 3 scrubs from the Moose who were there to do nothing but crash, bang, and hurt the opponent after the whistle. Peverly should have been run from behind or speared in the junk his next shift after the hack on Bieksa. Boychuk should have taken at least some form of abuse after jack-knifing Raymond into the boards. Chara should have been submarined and low bridged after every time that he punched a twin or cross-checked them into the ice.

The first 2 or 3 games were fine for being classy and trying to take the high road, but once it was obvious that the officials, and subsequently the league, were firmly on track with the Bruins down in the gutter, well the game has to be played where the majority of the pieces are located I suppose.....

Oh well. What's done is done.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Zedlee wrote:
donlever wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

Unfortunately I now think that that was the final nail in the coffin of hope and it ain't never gonna happen.

Sigh.
Losing that series, after being up 2-0, was the most devastating thing this fan has experienced. I want a Cup more than anything, but I don't think I'll ever be as emotionally invested in the Canucks as I was in 2011. I just don't have the stomach to take it anymore!

i am still devastated...
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Mondi wrote:Booth and Ballard are (or at least have been) atrocious pickups.

Never once in here have I said Luongo is all to blame or even that he is a bad player. No did I bring up the Boston series specifically. No did I bring up the Kings series.

The apologists just have no reasonable retort to the fact that the two worst games of this guy's career came in two of the biggest games. The other fact around all of this is that GMMG and AV believe Cory Schneider is the better player.

The RL debate is fucking pointless at this junction. We are mid lockout and Cory is now the starter.

He's not worth a top 5 pick. But so what? He's still worth something good. And the Canucks will get it.

As for the blame game in the Boston series...who cares, they lost.
I'm assuming his two worst games you're talking about are Chicago game 6 2009, and Boston game 6 2011?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The_Pauser wrote:

Never once in here have I said Luongo is all to blame or even that he is a bad player. No did I bring up the Boston series specifically. No did I bring up the Kings series.

The apologists just have no reasonable retort to the fact that the two worst games of this guy's career came in two of the biggest games. The other fact around all of this is that GMMG and AV believe Cory Schneider is the better player.

The RL debate is fucking pointless at this junction. We are mid lockout and Cory is now the starter.

He's not worth a top 5 pick. But so what? He's still worth something good. And the Canucks will get it.

I'm assuming his two worst games you're talking about are Chicago game 6 2009, and Boston game 6 2011?
The two biggest games in luongo's NHL career to date have to be game six and game seven in the final :(
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Luongo did not steal all 3 games for the Canucks during the finals. What a crock! He played well but so did the rest of the team.

In fact - if it wasn't for Thomas, the Canucks would have blown out the Bruins in Games 1 and 2.

Having said that - Lou was solid in those games.

Also - tell Lever to keep his chin up. :-p. He's what? Early 40's? He still has another 20-40 years left to see the Canucks possibly win.

Ps - why are posters bringing up the 2011 SCF's again in the Luongo thread? Let the past be the past and focus on the future. Besides - that playoff run was still amazing as a whole and we as Canuck fans were still lucky enough to experience it.......especially those of us living in Vancouver at the time.

:eh:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Where did that come from?
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:Where did that come from?
tennis anyone?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Still cares about me after all these years.

Heartwarming.

:blush:

GM rocks!

(I appreciate the 20-40 year window my friend..lol)
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:Still cares about me after all these years.

Heartwarming.

:blush:

GM rocks!
yah he cares about ...most...of us...to some degree....at some point.... :crazy:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tell Lever to keep his chin up. :-p. He's what? Early 40's?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Topper wrote:
tell Lever to keep his chin up. :-p. He's what? Early 40's?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

ukcanuck wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:

The two biggest games in luongo's NHL career to date have to be game six and game seven in the final :(
That's what I thought too. I agree game 6 of the SCF he played very poorly and cost us the win, but game 7 he didn't play poorly at all.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He was garbage in game 6.........he was pretty weak in game 7.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:He was garbage in game 6.........he was pretty weak in game 7.
I concur. I don't "blame" Luongo for the Stanley Cup loss, it was a team-wide collapse and it's true that he was great in three games. But, it's Game 6 that hangs over his legacy. That is the game that I really did expect him to step up and win the Cup for us. I was very positive going in to Game 6 after Game 5. But the first goal by Marchand was absolutely brutal in such a big game and it sucked the life out of the team...there was not another good Canuck moment the rest of the series, not one.

I view Luongo as an excellent goalie and whichever team gets him will be improved mightily, probably sure-fire playoff team. But whatever it is, in big games, one cannot deny the meltdowns.