Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7928
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Island Nucklehead » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 am

Gillis' draft picks have more NHL GP than Holland's, since Gillis was hired.

Boston has had 99 NHL games played from their 2008 and on draft picks (Vancouver 76). 74 of them by 2nd Overall Tyler Seguin.

If you look at the Maple Leaves, they have 230 games played over that period. 212 of them by Luke Schenn. Same number of 2008 and on draft choices that suited up in NHL games as the Canucks (2). One of the youngest, and worst teams in the league over the past couple seasons, and their draft choices haven't cracked the roster.

Gillis doesn't appear to be any better or worse than these other guys. As others have said it's too soon to tell. Going back and saying Chiarelli and Holland found gems over a much larger sample and development period doesn't tell us anything about Gillis.

Fred
CC Legend
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Fred » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 pm

This will keep a few busy be they MG doubter or admirers


http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... p?t=577075
cheers

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Tciso » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Meds wrote:Now let's look at the players on the Canucks roster that have been drafted and developed by this team (comparing systems here, not GM's).
Dont' forget Luc Bourdon (r.i.p.). Another great talent the team drafted, and was slotted in as a future top 4 or better D-man.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Tciso » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 pm

RoyalDude wrote: Dude, Gillis could do us all a massive favor around here and start finding some good players later in the draft like your good buddy Holland did with Franzen, Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Trust me, there ain't nothing in our system whom Gillis drafted whom will match the NHL success of those 3 said players. Forgetabout. Whom you thinking in our system will end up being as good as the 3? Schroeder? Rodin? Jensen? Gaunce? Kassian? LMAO!!!!
If we are looking at GMs finding talent, you cannot overlook Eddie Lack. GMMG was the guy who signed him in 2010 as a free agent. And, while goalies take a long time to mature, he may easily be as good as any of the 3 mentioned above.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Tciso wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Dude, Gillis could do us all a massive favor around here and start finding some good players later in the draft like your good buddy Holland did with Franzen, Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Trust me, there ain't nothing in our system whom Gillis drafted whom will match the NHL success of those 3 said players. Forgetabout. Whom you thinking in our system will end up being as good as the 3? Schroeder? Rodin? Jensen? Gaunce? Kassian? LMAO!!!!
If we are looking at GMs finding talent, you cannot overlook Eddie Lack. GMMG was the guy who signed him in 2010 as a free agent. And, while goalies take a long time to mature, he may easily be as good as any of the 3 mentioned above.
Shite, were you sauced when you posted this? Must've.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Gillis' draft picks have more NHL GP than Holland's, since Gillis was hired.

Boston has had 99 NHL games played from their 2008 and on draft picks (Vancouver 76). 74 of them by 2nd Overall Tyler Seguin.

If you look at the Maple Leaves, they have 230 games played over that period. 212 of them by Luke Schenn. Same number of 2008 and on draft choices that suited up in NHL games as the Canucks (2). One of the youngest, and worst teams in the league over the past couple seasons, and their draft choices haven't cracked the roster.

Gillis doesn't appear to be any better or worse than these other guys. As others have said it's too soon to tell. Going back and saying Chiarelli and Holland found gems over a much larger sample and development period doesn't tell us anything about Gillis.
What kind of convoluted bull crap stat is this?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:38 pm

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I'm just curious as to why Gillis has been unable to find any steals outside of the first round like the Bruins have in Bergeron and Lucic, both 2nd rounders and Krecji and Marchand both 3rd rounders. Key players to the Bruins Stanley Cup win. Not one prospect of his has that potential, and pulllleasse do not mention Rodin, Connauton blah, blah, blah....
Yawn. So Gillis doesn't stack up against four very impressive draft picks across four years by one of the league's best run organizations, you're really going out on a limb there Dude.

Bergeron was a great pick out of one of the best draft classes ever (but I could complain about him the same way you do about others.. what the fuck were the Bruins thinking passing on Shea Weber?), it's beyond unrealistic to expect that even occasionally from any organization.

Lucic I think we are all pissed about. His size allowed him to break into the league almost right away but it was two seasons after the 2006 draft before he produced like a good third liner and four before he produced like a second or first liner. The Canucks didn't have a second (or first, or third) in the draft of players that would currently be where Lucic was at in that third season, and overall in Gillis' tenure have just Hodgson/Sauve who are in comparable positions to Lucic in that fifth season.

Krejci and Marchand don't compare because they each took years (three for Krejci, four for Marchand) to break into the league after they were drafted. The Canucks only really have one forward drafted in a similar spot in Anton Rodin and he's had injury problems that have held up his development... all the rest of their selections have been too recent to judge or too late in the draft to fairly compare.
Trust me danbobrob. Ain't no draft picks by Gillis and his band of merry men, post 1st round that will ever be as good as Krecji, Bergeron, Marchand and Lucic. Gillis blows monkey balls when it comes to drafting and developing.

Rodin??? Are you fucking kidding me. Maybe Gillis might have bagged a decent prospect had he not wasted the 2nd and 3rd round picks on Bernier and the 1st round pick on Ballard.

Can you imagine if we had both Brayden McNabb (Buffalo selected him with our 3rd pick Gillis gave them for Bernier) and Quinton Howden in our system? (Florida selected Howden with our 1st pick). Both McNabb and Howden are very good prospects. That being said, Gillis probably would have selected some goofball if he had the pick.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10743
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:43 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Gillis' draft picks have more NHL GP than Holland's, since Gillis was hired.

Boston has had 99 NHL games played from their 2008 and on draft picks (Vancouver 76). 74 of them by 2nd Overall Tyler Seguin.

If you look at the Maple Leaves, they have 230 games played over that period. 212 of them by Luke Schenn. Same number of 2008 and on draft choices that suited up in NHL games as the Canucks (2). One of the youngest, and worst teams in the league over the past couple seasons, and their draft choices haven't cracked the roster.

Gillis doesn't appear to be any better or worse than these other guys. As others have said it's too soon to tell. Going back and saying Chiarelli and Holland found gems over a much larger sample and development period doesn't tell us anything about Gillis.
What kind of convoluted bull crap stat is this?
It's actually a telling stat. Pull your head out of your ass and judge Gillis's drafting in two - three years. You were the guy who gushed on about Detroit and Boston's drafting but you failed to mention all the guys you got a boner for were taken far before the year 2008.

Like shootin fish in a barrel for fuck sakes.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Gillis' draft picks have more NHL GP than Holland's, since Gillis was hired.

Boston has had 99 NHL games played from their 2008 and on draft picks (Vancouver 76). 74 of them by 2nd Overall Tyler Seguin.

If you look at the Maple Leaves, they have 230 games played over that period. 212 of them by Luke Schenn. Same number of 2008 and on draft choices that suited up in NHL games as the Canucks (2). One of the youngest, and worst teams in the league over the past couple seasons, and their draft choices haven't cracked the roster.

Gillis doesn't appear to be any better or worse than these other guys. As others have said it's too soon to tell. Going back and saying Chiarelli and Holland found gems over a much larger sample and development period doesn't tell us anything about Gillis.
What kind of convoluted bull crap stat is this?
It's actually a telling stat. Pull your head out of your ass and judge Gillis's drafting in two - three years. You were the guy who gushed on about Detroit and Boston's drafting but you failed to mention all the guys you got a boner for were taken far before the year 2008.

Like shootin fish in a barrel for fuck sakes.
I don't need 2-3 years to know if the Rodin's of the world will amount to a hill of beans. THEY WON'T! It ain't crystal ball rocket science. The only late round picks that may amount to jack shit are Mallet or Corrado. The rest are bums, even my boy Connauton.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Even defenseman, Brayden McNabb has more points (8 points) than Zack Kassian (7 points).

McNabb 120th in scoring in the AHL DEFENSEMAN
Kassian 123rd in scoring in the AHL FORWARD
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10743
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Kassian has played 11 games.......he had a legit goal taken away and his team has scored 31 times this year....not exactly an offensive force those Wolves. Then again you are the same guy who ripped Hodgson about having "daschund legs" and being too slow while most of us rightly projected he would be a low end 2nd line NHLer. I can't wait until you have to eat crow about Kassian because I intend to feed it to you in ten pound servings along with a chocolate dessert.

BTW i agree about wasted late round picks in Honzig, Grenier , Clark, Blomstrand, Froshaug and Westerholm. Brutal draft picks.

I think Connauton, Mcnally , Labate, Price and Corrado look ok. Sauve got ran over by a chink....not his fault. Hodgson, Gaunce and Jensen look like ok picks. Jury still out on Schoeder and Rodin, though I was never a fan of that pick.

Gillis does need to improve at the table, but you sir need to relax a tad. :lol: Go back to the weed amigo.... just picked up a 1/2 oz of purple kush... it's magic.

Back on topic I would be ok with a Drew Shore, Alex Petrovic and a salary dump like Scottie Upshall return for Roberto Luongo.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Kassian has played 11 games.......he had a legit goal taken away and his team has scored 31 times this year....not exactly an offensive force those Wolves. Then again you are the same guy who ripped Hodgson about having "daschund legs" and being too slow while most of us rightly projected he would be a low end 2nd line NHLer. I can't wait until you have to eat crow about Kassian because I intend to feed it to you in ten pound servings along with a chocolate dessert.

BTW i agree about wasted late round picks in Honzig, Grenier , Clark, Blomstrand, Froshaug and Westerholm. Brutal draft picks.

I think Connauton, Mcnally , Labate, Price and Corrado look ok. Sauve got ran over by a chink....not his fault. Hodgson, Gaunce and Jensen look like ok picks. Jury still out on Schoeder and Rodin, though I was never a fan of that pick.

Gillis does need to improve at the table, but you sir need to relax a tad. :lol: Go back to the weed amigo.... just picked up a 1/2 oz of purple kush... it's magic.

Back on topic I would be ok with a Drew Shore, Alex Petrovic and a salary dump like Scottie Upshall return for Roberto Luongo.
I tell you what Bogartin Blobbby...I'm watching this WHL vs the Russkies on the tele right now. I like this McNeill kid a lot. I really think ole Gillis baggy eyes needs to re-open those trade talks with the Hawks.

Hate to say it on two fronts, Yakupov looks great as well as Morgan Reilly. Also, this Lazar kid for the WHL looks like a good prospect for the next draft.

OK, I don't mind Labate, Jensen, Gaunce, Kassian, Mallete, McNally, Connauton, Corrado. But the rest can go. Schroeder and Rodin won't make it to the bigs.

As for the Kush, i'm into pickle-ing the liver now. I am actually cozying up to a little Glenlivet on the rocks tonight as I watch this hockey game.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by the Dogsalmon » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 pm

back to the bong...

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10743
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:10 pm

How the hell does a man acquire a tase for scotch Pacific Blue ?

I like Whiskey here and there but scotch tastes terrible.

As an asside I need to dump the beer and get back on the vodka/fruity smoothie type drinks. I went from 225 down to 200 back up to 210. My weight is up and down like a whores pants.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7928
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:How the hell does a man acquire a tase for scotch Pacific Blue ?
Good conversation? Not sure if that applies to the interweb, but it's clear we need hockey back, if only to have something to talk about (both in real life and with you creatures). :twisted:
As an asside I need to dump the beer and get back on the vodka/fruity smoothie type drinks. I went from 225 down to 200 back up to 210. My weight is up and down like a whores pants.
Sucking back some Yukon Gold at the moment. Not too shabby, but I prefer the Crown. Vodka might save your weight but it's still meant for whores who want to drop their pants.

Post Reply