Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

spooner
CC Veteran

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by spooner »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: It's shocking the series actually went seven games.
Indeed. That can be largely attributed to the play of Luongo in games 1, 2, and 5.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Topper wrote:In most of the games that final, Timmy stoned them early in what could have been game changers.
TBL scored 22 goals on Thomas in the previous round, the Canucks with their back to back Art Ross Trophy winners, Selke winner, Hart and Lindsay award winners could only manage 8. The #1 PP in the NHL went an astounding 2-32 (?) in the series. Even if Luongo stood on his head in Game 7 and stopped 60 of 61 shots including 10 breakaways and 3 penalty shots, the guys who are paid to put the puck in the other net couldn't get it done even once in the final game.

Yet people still blame Loungo.

:? :? :?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote:In most of the games that final, Timmy stoned them early in what could have been game changers.
Agreed. Thomas performed as good as any goaltender in recent memory and was definitely full value for the Conn Smythe.
The Canucks had momentum and confidence going into that series and TT almost single handedly broke their spirit. Full credit to the rest of the Bruins but that performance was amazing.
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
The Canucks had momentum and confidence going into that series
Going into the series?

It's worse than that.

Up 2-squat we were in control of the series prior to Timmy boy taking over.

Even the most doubting Thomas (wot) of Nuck fans (myself included) had thoughts running through their heads that it was finally over and a Grail was coming to town when Burr scored in OT of game 2.

Unfortunately I now think that that was the final nail in the coffin of hope and it ain't never gonna happen.

Sigh.
DeLevering since 1999.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

donlever wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

Unfortunately I now think that that was the final nail in the coffin of hope and it ain't never gonna happen.

Sigh.
Losing that series, after being up 2-0, was the most devastating thing this fan has experienced. I want a Cup more than anything, but I don't think I'll ever be as emotionally invested in the Canucks as I was in 2011. I just don't have the stomach to take it anymore!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Zedlee wrote:
donlever wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

Sigh.
Losing that series, after being up 2-0, was the most devastating thing this fan has experienced. I want a Cup more than anything, but I don't think I'll ever be as emotionally invested in the Canucks as I was in 2011. I just don't have the stomach to take it anymore!
Yep. I turned to my pops as we were standing and applauding after Burr scored and said, "we're gonna win a Cup old man, fuck me, it's finally gonna happen"....

Oops.

My bad.

Famous last words.

I'll never forget it.

Sucks to be a long time Nuck fan....

:(
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote:
Yep. I turned to my pops as we were standing and applauding after Burr scored and said, "we're gonna win a Cup old man, fuck me, it's finally gonna happen"....

Oops.

My bad.

Famous last words.

I'll never forget it.

Sucks to be a long time Nuck fan....

:(
Damn! You had to remind me!!! I think I remember saying that theres no way canucks lose 4 of the next 5. No way.
The cup was ours!

Damn you Luongo!!! :twisted:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
lofl

...and it comes full circle.

Well played.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
lofl

...and it comes full circle.

Well played.
All roads lead to Luongo...now that CoHo is gone
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

no way we lose 4 of 5...I cant believe it ..its actually gonna happen...I also remember thinking will I be the same fan..now that the chase has ended? would I care as much having tasted supremacy...sweet sweet supremacy....

we were all in the raft together...little did we know the GPS beacon had run out of batteries and we would float around for ever ...

still floatin...that whole thing fucking sucked. I am pissed off again.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The worst part I recall was how gassed the Bruins appeared at the end of the 1st two games.......but alas.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote:The worst part I recall was how gassed the Bruins appeared at the end of the 1st two games.......but alas.
That's right.

Chara looked absolutely spent.

Fukin' Rome.

Fukin' Edlers stick.

Fuk.
DeLevering since 1999.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I actually remember thinking after game 2, "fuck, this team is so good, we'll have a chance to win it again next year!"

Fuck.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:
TBL scored 22 goals on Thomas in the previous round, the Canucks with their back to back Art Ross Trophy winners, Selke winner, Hart and Lindsay award winners could only manage 8. The #1 PP in the NHL went an astounding 2-32 (?) in the series. Even if Luongo stood on his head in Game 7 and stopped 60 of 61 shots including 10 breakaways and 3 penalty shots, the guys who are paid to put the puck in the other net couldn't get it done even once in the final game.

Yet people still blame Loungo.

:? :? :?
This one I still put on Vigneault, our blueline, and a bit on the Twins, .

Have you watched the Tampa Bay PP? It's much different from the Canucks. It involves much more cross-ice movement, faster transition passes at the point, and one-timers from the wings and alot rather than at the point. Vigneault is primarily on the hook as the head coach because he is the guy who, at the end of the day, has to take responsibility for the team strategy and gameplan. Our blueline is on the hook because they couldn't handle the puck worth shit at the line and almost all of our PP's killed our momentum in games because of turnovers and SH goals scored off of screw ups by Edler, Bieksa, and whoever else manned the point.....these screw ups were preventable and I've watched junior players play with more composure than our point men displayed. The twins get a bum rap, but here they earned it.....a bit. They are too slow and patient at times. They need the perfect play and always look for the other brother. Henrik was dynamite without Daniel because he didn't care who he distributed the puck to, he just setup the blue or white jersey that was in the best position to score the goal. So it's like comparing apples and oranges when you look at the Bolts PP and then stack it up next to the Canucks'. Everyone said it, everyone knew it, only Lou was willing to publicly state it (and look at the shit storm he got for it).....the only way to beat Thomas was to go side-to-side across the ice and exploit the fact that he is 10 feet out of his crease taking away the puck carrier's shot. The Canucks just continued to run their overload offense that utilizes about 60% of the available offensive zone, and they rarely looked for the back door play.

None of that is Louie's fault. Spooner nailed it. Louie stole 3 games for the Canucks. The team lost 4.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

This whole last 2 (almost) pages is all Lever's fault.

He's pissed about the lockout so he's dredging up the old wounds so we all jump on the angry wagon again.

Fuck am I angry about 2011 all over again.

Fuck you NHL.

There.....ya happy now Donny?

:P