Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by tantalum »

Good chance that Hodgson's value would fairly low right now if he remained a canuck, given AV likely benches him down the stretch and perhaps even sits him in the pressbox during the playoffs. Not to mention the likely trade request following the season (the Hodgson camp was clearly going down that road). The bias towards the zone starts and how AV used Hodgson the last 6-8 weeks as a canuck were not a fluke. They were pumping up his value to maximize a return. Kid has promise to be sure but Kassian likely has a similar offensive upside but has far more physical upside (hodgson likely has the greater hockey sense/intelligence upside). Kassian I think was the greater organizational need.

dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm reading a lot of "what if's" regarding Kassian, like he is guaranteed to becoming our Lucic or Clowe.
:lol:

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:Good chance that Hodgson's value would fairly low right now if he remained a canuck,
Finishing the season in Chicago after acquiring Paulson would have been the kicker.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Or CoHo propelled us past the Kings with his clutch scoring, and he becomes untouchable.

--

Imagine Luongo accepts to go to Columbus?

1000 miles to Florida, compared to 3000 miles from Vancouver. (approx)

http://i.imgur.com/xa51V.jpg

We could actually acquire SL's fave RW Nash in a uber blockbuster deal.
Luongo/Burrows OR Booth/Rodin for Nash
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Or CoHo propelled us past the Kings with his clutch scoring, and he becomes untouchable.

--

Imagine Luongo accepts to go to Columbus?

1000 miles to Florida, compared to 3000 miles from Vancouver. (approx)

http://i.imgur.com/xa51V.jpg

We could actually acquire SL's fave RW Nash in a uber blockbuster deal.
Luongo/Burrows OR Booth/Rodin for Nash
'

Not sure if ya caught the news SKYO but the six teams that Nash will waive his NTC for are all American teams, not even the Maple Laughs made his list. Seems to me ol' Nashy has gone American.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm walking away from the eventual Luongo trade. This is going to be a long drawn out process. This trade ain't happen' for awhile. I've held my breath long enough, time to walk away.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

SKYO wrote:Or CoHo propelled us past the Kings with his clutch scoring, and he becomes untouchable.

--
Or people huff gas and go on message boards.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

RoyalDude wrote: I've held my breath long enough
That's a fucking understatement.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:time to walk away.
You got to know when to hold 'em

... know when to fold 'em

... know when to walk away and

*sees gleam in Blob's eye* :shock:

.... know when to run!!

:D

Meanwhile back in Vegas, Gambler Lou is holding his own:

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chipcou ... &curpage=2
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Or people huff gas and go on message boards.
Or people do a couple flaps and go on message boards.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Not sure if ya caught the news SKYO but the six teams that Nash will waive his NTC for are all American teams, not even the Maple Laughs made his list. Seems to me ol' Nashy has gone American.
Obviously he can't handle the pressure and limelight, some guys just can't hack it in Canada so they [Nash] can just hide in the States with no pressure at all.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ya know, if trading a fucking munchkin D-man Ballard can fetch you a first round pick (Howden), a decent prospect (Grabner) and a roster player (Bernier), why are Canuck fans getting slaughtered by fans of other teams by what we think is a fair return for one of the top goalies of the NHL who is still in his prime? I must admit, Gillis is earning my respect for not giving up Luongo for nothing...if the other GM's continue to insult him with cheap offers I am all for heading into next season with the dynamic duo of Luongo/Schneider sharing the nets.

- Washington received a first round pick from Colorado for Varlamov. 11th overall pick
- Montreal received one of St. Louis' top prospects Lars Eller for Halak

Halak and Varlamov are definitely not in the league of Luongo, nowhere near. So why are all non-Canuck fans up in arms when we suggest that getting the Panthers - Bjugstad is a fair return? Or the Leaves - Gardiner?

You know what I think isn't fair, just getting Gardiner or Bjugstad isn't a fair trade for Vancouver.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:Ya know, if trading a fucking munchkin D-man Ballard can fetch you a first round pick (Howden), a decent prospect (Grabner) and a roster player (Bernier), why are Canuck fans getting slaughtered by fans of other teams by what we think is a fair return for one of the top goalies of the NHL who is still in his prime? I must admit, Gillis is earning my respect for not giving up Luongo for nothing...if the other GM's continue to insult him with cheap offers I am all for heading into next season with the dynamic duo of Luongo/Schneider sharing the nets.

- Washington received a first round pick from Colorado for Varlamov. 11th overall pick

Halak and Varlamov are definitely not in the league of Luongo, nowhere near. So why are all non-Canuck fans up in arms when we suggest that getting the Panthers - Bjugstad is a fair return? Or the Leaves - Gardiner?

You know what I think isn't fair, just getting Gardiner or Bjugstad isn't a fair trade for Vancouver.
Because there's always a market for a dman, and there's no market for Lu right now even if he didn't have that ridiculous contact. There's two teams who may be interested - that's it, that's all. If that's the market you aren't going to get a team overpaying for him.
Last edited by Diehard1 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Strangelove wrote:[

Meanwhile back in Vegas, Gambler Lou is holding his own:

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chipcou ... &curpage=2

Notice he's now saying he's from Parkland, Florida?

Wonder where he wants to play.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ya know, if trading a fucking munchkin D-man Ballard can fetch you a first round pick (Howden), a decent prospect (Grabner) and a roster player (Bernier), why are Canuck fans getting slaughtered by fans of other teams by what we think is a fair return for one of the top goalies of the NHL who is still in his prime? I must admit, Gillis is earning my respect for not giving up Luongo for nothing...if the other GM's continue to insult him with cheap offers I am all for heading into next season with the dynamic duo of Luongo/Schneider sharing the nets.

Because there's always a market for a dman, and there's no market for Lu right now even if he didn't have that ridiculous contact. There's two teams who may be interested - that's it, that's all. If that's the market you aren't going to get a team overpaying for him.
Diehard you're such a stiff shirt, we were the only team interested in You boi Balltard. All the other GM's were surprised by the trade, so that means there was No Market for Ballard. Also, your lame ass theory doesn't explain the fantastic returns Halak and Varlamov and pulllllleeeeease do not even dare put Halak and Varlamov on the same plain as Luongo.

No market for quality goaltending??? Maybe the most important position hockey