Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Post by rats19 »

I have never been this excited for an upcoming year..ever
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

So let me get this straight......

Kesler has a shoulder injury since FEBRUARY that needs surgery......
So Kesler could have had surgery and been back for the playoffs????

We could have kept CoHo. Let CoHo take his spot while he recovers. Give CoHo what he wants and get a better Kesler back for the playoffs instead of the garabge Kesler we all watched since February.

WTF? What a joke
I guess CoHo had a lot of good reasons to bitch at the coaching staff. I finally figured why CoHo complained so much!!
Kesler cant lift his arm and is costing the team. Meanwhile CoHo sits on the bench???

I am pissed!
Kesler basically lost us CoHo and the 2012 Playoffs.

Does the coaching staff even listen to the doctors?? didn't we watch a pathetic Burrows limp through the playoffs VS Chicago. I am bitter to learn this.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Soapy wrote:So let me get this straight......

Kesler has a shoulder injury since FEBRUARY that needs surgery......
So Kesler could have had surgery and been back for the playoffs????

We could have kept CoHo. Let CoHo take his spot while he recovers. Give CoHo what he wants and get a better Kesler back for the playoffs instead of the garabge Kesler we all watched since February.

WTF? What a joke
I guess CoHo had a lot of good reasons to bitch at the coaching staff. I finally figured why CoHo complained so much!!
Kesler cant lift his arm and is costing the team. Meanwhile CoHo sits on the bench???

I am pissed!

Does the coaching staff even listen to the doctors?? didn't we watch a pathetic Burrows limp through the playoffs VS Chicago. I am bitter to learn this.
16 week recovery time... :wink:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Is there any source for this shoulder injury beyond Kuzma taking a guess?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ESQ wrote:Is there any source for this shoulder injury beyond Kuzma taking a guess?
I like to make things up as I go along esq...having said that, rk laser wrist shot cannot be made with a shoulder Injury..kind of explains that no?
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Soapy wrote:So let me get this straight......
Blasphemy
1) Even with an injured Kesler, Hodgson could still not bump him out of second line. Go figure
2) Even with a nagging injury to your second best center on the team, GM still needed to spent more time dealing with Lindros vr. 2 and his dad. Go figure.

I get it, Hodgson is a young player with plenty upside but at some point you Hodgson stalkers need to either stop glorifying, or deifying this Buffalo Sabres' center, or just follow him faithfully to Buffalo.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Soapy wrote: Kesler basically lost us CoHo and the 2012 Playoffs.

It's being speculated that he may require surgery, could just need some time to rehab and strengthen the muscles. Of which you just don't have during a hockey season.

And no, Kesler did not lose us Coho. It's very apparent that Cody did not want to be here as per Gillis' presser today!

Keslers lack of offseason training is what caused his dip in play this year. If he had surgery in February there's no way he has the time to strengthen the muscles to be 100% for this years playoffs.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Aaronp18 wrote:

And no, Kesler did not lose us Coho. It's very apparent that Cody did not want to be here as per Gillis' presser today!
This is the part of the presser that caught me off guard.

I have not heard Gillis ever come outright with his true feelings regarding any player or situation, and he definitely did regarding Cody. It was apparent as well when he spoke about Cody being put in every offensive situation they could possibly put him in and he only was played in limited defensive situations "on purpose". ha!
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

The base of CoHo bitching was playing time.

If i'm CoHo watching RK not able to shoot....and I can play....why wouldn't I bitch......
Kesler was invisible since FEB.....am I wrong in thinking that this is when the LINDROS camp starting bitching....
I would too!!
At least this validates CoHo bitching.

16 weeks! good one! its obviously not a huge injury....but he cant shoot....I guess shooting is not important??
Kesler admitted in an interview today that it needs to be 'looked at'

I am not a CoHo lover at all. But when you KNOW your second line centre cant shoot? You trade away your next best option? I don't get it?

Kesler at 100% would have won the series against LA by himself
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

CFP! wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

I have not heard Gillis ever come outright with his true feelings regarding any player or situation, and he definitely did regarding Cody. It was apparent as well when he spoke about Cody being put in every offensive situation they could possibly put him in and he only was played in limited defensive situations "on purpose". ha!
What would you think if they would not play you when the guy in fornt of you only has ONE ARM!?!?
What do you not get here?
The team did not think much of CoHo if they got rid of him and played a one armed Kesler to a 1st round knock out.
-- Winston Churchill
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

CFP! wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

I have not heard Gillis ever come outright with his true feelings regarding any player or situation, and he definitely did regarding Cody.
Probably cause that trade has blown up in his face, since we severely lacked any offensive flair in the playoffs after the twins while losing to the 8th place team in 5 games in the first round.

I really think MG should have waited till after the playoffs to trade Cody, anyways all we can hope for is Kass works hard this offseason to at least have some impact next season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Soapy wrote:
What would you think if they would not play you when the guy in fornt of you only has ONE ARM!?!?
The team did not think much of CoHo if they got rid of him and played a one armed Kesler to a 1st round knock out.

Well, I think damn! That guy with one arm has to be pretty good seeing as I cant overtake him in the lineup. And Aaron already adressed you and your damn the world Kesler is a bitch and screwed us all post.

The team thought enough of Cody to showcase him to get something back. Kassian is here and as per MG Cody was quite the distraction, as per our GMMG.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Soapy wrote:The base of CoHo bitching was playing time.
Gillis said that over the last three years he had spent more I'm dealing with Cody's crew than any of the other players combined. He didn't start bitching in February.

Kesler could shoot, obviously, although its very clear he didn't have the zip on his shot nor the accuracy when he scored 41. Many attributed this to his offseason surgeries ( which likely played a part) and the nagging shoulder injury more than likely made things worse.

Cody's time in Vancouver was over no matter how healthy Kesler was this year.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

CFP! wrote: Cody was quite the distraction, as per our GMMG.
I don't think Gillis said anything about Cody being a distraction.
Aaronp18 wrote: Gillis said that over the last three years he had spent more I'm dealing with Cody's crew than any of the other players combined. He didn't start bitching in February.
That could mean a lot of things. Gillis had to "deal" with Cody when Cody was having his back problems and AV subsequently threw Cody under the bus. The whole back issue + AV + not training with Gagner likely resulted in the most drama involving a player that Gillis had to deal with. I bet Gillis had to assure Cody and Team Hodgson that he would get fair treatment from AV. I bet Gillis had to talk to Cody about him not meeting up with Gagner like other prospects. We have been told that Gillis had to talk to Hodgson about his ice time. Outside of Rypien taking a personal leave, Malhotra's eye injury, and the goaltending controversy that never existed, there weren't any other personal issues involving the players that Gillis really had to deal with that came remotely close to the issues Gillis had to deal with in regards to Cody.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Soapy wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Soapy wrote: I am pissed!
Kesler did not lose us Coho. It's very apparent that Cody did not want to be here as per Gillis' presser today!
THE ONE-ARMED MAN DID IT! :lol:

Wotever Homie get over it....

____
Try to focus on someday.