Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Post by dbr »

According to the Canucks twitter account Ryan Kesler had successful surgery to repair a torn labrum - and according to the Team1040 twitter account he is expected to make a full recovery in six months. :crazy:
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

dbr wrote:According to the Canucks twitter account Ryan Kesler had successful surgery to repair a torn labrum - and according to the Team1040 twitter account he is expected to make a full recovery in six months. :crazy:
Thats OK, we'll just slot Cody in t..... never mind.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:Call me an old bitter tarded guy in coquitlam nowadays, because I don't give a fcuk if Hodgson was shitty defensively, what did that awesome supremo defensive shut down center in Pahlsson exactly provide in that short 5 game series?? a goal? It was mostly Hansen carrying that line, and he sucks offensively!
That was awesome. Finally, someone speaking up about Shut Down Hockey. Why is everyone so enamored with Shut Down Hockey when we can't even fucking score. Last time I looked, scoring plays a big part in winning hockey games, if you can't score WHAT.THEFUCK. does defense matter? I fucking hate defensive forwards. All defensive forward means is "A Forward who is useless at offense" What happened to the love for scoring? Like Gillis says, "Goalie Hockey" Fuck Defense, LETS START SCORING FOR FUCK SAKES!

5 teams left in the post season.

4 of them:

coyotes
kings
devils
rangers

..playing some form of your shut down hockey.

Quit yelling at us, go yell at the league, this is the game they are dictating teams play right now.

Interestng that the season before the lockout the two Cup finalists were coached by Torts and Dutter.

...and, omfg, looky, looky there who is in the running for a Cup now that the NHL has allowed the anything goes on the ice play to reoccur.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

dbr wrote:According to the Canucks twitter account Ryan Kesler had successful surgery to repair a torn labrum - and according to the Team1040 twitter account he is expected to make a full recovery in six months. :crazy:

..fukin bum that Kesler eh, never score again that useless piece of shit, no skills that clown, his shot is gone, oh, what say you, a torn labrum...never mind....
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hmmmm. Fully recovered oct 7th. Another summer of not training...well rest Is like training..right?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

donlever wrote: 5 teams left in the post season.

4 of them:

coyotes
kings
devils
rangers

Quit yelling at us, go yell at the league, this is the game they are dictating teams play right now.

Interestng that the season before the lockout the two Cup finalists were coached by Torts and Dutter.

...and, omfg, looky, looky there who is in the running for a Cup now that the NHL has allowed the anything goes on the ice play to reoccur.
Bang on Donny. And look what happened to the Preds. They decided this year to open things up a bit and get more offensive and they get bumped by a shut down team. The only reason they may have won a round was because they were playing a skill team that didn't play shut down hockey (and the Preds are better at the defensive/shut down aspect of their game that still exists this year). It wasn't just Gillis that built a team this year banking on the NHL following through on what they were preaching. And really once it became obvious that the NHl decided to revert back to pre-lockout hockey in the new year some GMs were left to try to address issue they didn't think they were going to have.

Sucks for the Preds, as the team they had last year may be a finalist this year. It's not a coincidence that the Penguins, Canucks, Hawks, Wings and likely soon to be Flyers are on the outside looking in and 4 teams playing defensive system hockey will be in the conference finals.
Last edited by tantalum on Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

donlever wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:Call me an old bitter tarded guy in coquitlam nowadays, because I don't give a fcuk if Hodgson was shitty defensively, what did that awesome supremo defensive shut down center in Pahlsson exactly provide in that short 5 game series?? a goal? It was mostly Hansen carrying that line, and he sucks offensively!
That was awesome. Finally, someone speaking up about Shut Down Hockey. Why is everyone so enamored with Shut Down Hockey when we can't even fucking score. Last time I looked, scoring plays a big part in winning hockey games, if you can't score WHAT.THEFUCK. does defense matter? I fucking hate defensive forwards. All defensive forward means is "A Forward who is useless at offense" What happened to the love for scoring? Like Gillis says, "Goalie Hockey" Fuck Defense, LETS START SCORING FOR FUCK SAKES!

5 teams left in the post season.

4 of them:

coyotes
kings
devils
rangers

Incredible how fast it slid back.

It seemed like the league let up on the refs for 2 months and we were right back to the dead puck era.

Every team that thrived under the style we saw last year is now out and the 4 teams left all play the type of game the league has spent 5 years trying to get rid of.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

There's no way IMO that this was a "slide" back. It has to have come from up high at some point. The playoffs last year were reffed generally as being no tolerance until game 7 of the Eastern final when it was almost anything goes. Still even in the final calls were being made (what wasn't was the cheap play). This year the calls were being made as well until about the 50 game mark when all of a sudden nothing was getting called anymore. Well except hits to the head but then only sometimes. Several coaches and players commented on it.

I honestly think they are trying some sort of experiment that by slowing the game down they would reduce the head injuries. That of course isn't happening from what I can see as player disrespect is present in equal amounts whether the game is fast or slow (i almost believe respect would go down more in a hook, hold interfere league because of increased frustrations).
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote:
Hmmmm. Fully recovered oct 7th. Another summer of not training...well rest Is like training..right?
Well then hopefully Kes will be fresh/healthy for the next post season!

Plus I'm just happy RK got the surgery right away, he best take his time coming back to not rush anything so he comes back truly 100%, as the team usually doesn't perform all that well in Oct/Nov. anyways.

lol $lacker!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

tantalum wrote:There's no way IMO that this was a "slide" back. It has to have come from up high at some point. The playoffs last year were reffed generally as being no tolerance until game 7 of the Eastern final when it was almost anything goes. Still even in the final calls were being made (what wasn't was the cheap play).

I honestly think they are trying some sort of experiment that by slowing the game down they would reduce the head injuries. That of course isn't happening from what I can see as player disrespect is present in equal amounts whether the game is fast or slow (i almost believe respect would go down more in a hook, hold interfere league because of increased frustrations).

If that was their plan then it was a horrible one.

If you decide emphasis speed and skill, teams will add size and toughness, which will increase the pounding that the more skilled players take.

If everyone starts building teams in the LA mold, we will have more injuries not less.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Potatoe1 wrote:
If that was their plan then it was a horrible one.

If you decide emphasis speed and skill, teams will add size and toughness, which will increase the pounding that the more skilled players take.

If everyone starts building teams in the LA mold, we will have more injuries not less.
I don't disagree. I just can't figure out the sudden dramatic shift other than they were worried about the cause du jour. Because it was a drastic shift. One night everything gets called and the then starting the next night everything was allowed. Unfortunately if the league gets the LA-NY final they are currently salivating over they'll be more determined than ever to keep this style of play.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

do any fans who have been watching 30+ years fear the inevitable...another decade in the shithole coming...its our turn again and i dont like how shit is going down...shit...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

my ex tore her labia once...
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

the Dogsalmon wrote:my ex tore her labia once...
..Bettman tore his as well I heard...
DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

$lacker wrote:
Thats OK, we'll just slot Cody in t..... never mind.
Fuck