Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Post by FAN »

Potatoe1 wrote: You think LA fit's the "fast" description?

They are one of the weaker, if not the weakest, skating teams in the conference.

That to me is the difference.

Big and fast is always good, big and slow has been bad since the lock out, but now with all the hooking and holding, it isnt so much of a problem.
Add to the fact the Kings have a very good clutch and grab era coach. :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: The real truth of the matter is, in all of its 42 years in existence, the Vancouver Canuck organization has never figured it out how to do it, ever.

This current Canuck line up iteration is the closest we've ever had but nobody drinks champagne out of the Presidensts Trophy.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote:You think LA fit's the "fast" description?

They are one of the weaker, if not the weakest, skating teams in the conference.

That to me is the difference.
Fast enough to get to men deep on the forecheck, turn the D and then hammer them into creating repeated gaffs to eliminate Vancouver.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Is Kesler going to need to chnage his style of play. Two season two surgeries. His body can no longer handle his playing style.
cheers
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

We didn't have enough horses to pull the heavy load in the the 2011 playoffs. Kesler tried to do too much himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if incomplete recovery contributed to his 2012 injury.

I'd rather get more horses than hobble the one we have.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I'm not advocating I want to see Kesler chnage his style but it seems to me his body just can't take it any more. He's becoming some what of a Salo. Every year when we really need him he's badly banged up and ineffective.
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

clem wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if incomplete recovery contributed to his 2012 injury.
C'mon Clem, what does his hip have to do with his shoulder:

He came back, played for a few months and sustained a separate injury.

Hey the guy plays hard.
clem wrote: I'd rather get more horses than hobble the one we have.
Kesler is a warhorse. Rare breed. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Fred wrote:I'm not advocating I want to see Kesler chnage his style but it seems to me his body just can't take it any more. He's becoming some what of a Salo. Every year when we really need him he's badly banged up and ineffective.
Kesler needs to pick his spots more when being physical. That’s easier to do with a stronger supporting caste.

The haters out there will say Kesler, Bieksa & co are wimps for not taking on everyone, but that’s just plain stupid. Players have limited energy and recovery capacity.

Kesler isn’t built to run over people & stay relatively healthy – like Torres does. As much as I dislike Torres’ inconsistency, the additions to our line up last season didn’t replace his physical contribution in the playoffs. We needed more, not less physicality.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

clem wrote:
Fred wrote:I'm not advocating I want to see Kesler chnage his style but it seems to me his body just can't take it any more. He's becoming some what of a Salo. Every year when we really need him he's badly banged up and ineffective.
Kesler needs to pick his spots more when being physical. That’s easier to do with a stronger supporting caste.

Kesler isn’t built to run over people & stay relatively healthy – like Torres does. As much as I dislike Torres’ inconsistency, the additions to our line up last season didn’t replace his physical contribution in the playoffs. We needed more, not less physicality.
Which is why Kassian needs to get quicker and stronger this offseason - fast! to help Kes in the trenches where RK17 takes a beating, as we don't need a Wendel Clark scenario where his body injures often due to reckless abandon balls out play.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Strangelove wrote:
clem wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if incomplete recovery contributed to his 2012 injury.
C'mon Clem, what does his hip have to do with his shoulder:

He came back, played for a few months and sustained a separate injury.
That's fine if you're sure the hip was his only injury. Less painful wear & tear may have been overshadowed.
Nagging, seemingly minor injuries can get worse if you beat on them.

Speculation based upon close time frame & Kesler's drive to compete.

Gotta love that drive.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Tough combination to find. Big but skates well. Hits but has skill, Skill and plays in both ends ( right handed to boot) . Kesler is all of this but his body is showing signs of detrioration I'm sorry to say. Hey who knows maybe they'll forbid him from playing until he's over ready and the rest will cure all....but can you, would you put money on that ? Right now I'm thinking 50% chance. Steven Pinizzotto had shoulder injury and sat out the entire season and a lot of the pre season too. Kesler is every thing teams want and need, if there's a factory some place lets buy 5 of them :D

Wish we could find more with his skill set and desire, raising a mortagae on the stregth of that, not for me
cheers
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

IMO Kesler's biggest physical problem is that he's a bean pole. For a guy who allegedly works out like a machine, boy is he skinny. Most athletes battle to keep weight on during the season, and I imagine Kesler really struggles.

In fact, at the end of the year most of the team looked gaunt. Does nobody feed these guys red meat and potatoes or are they all just worried about having shredded abs?
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Kesler needs to go LTIR. Just like Salo did 2010/11. More cap space for us.

Getting bigger needs to be tempered by maintaining quickness.
Look at how much trouble Tanev had at the beginning of the season after bulking up.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

clem wrote: Kesler needs to go LTIR. Just like Salo did 2010/11. More cap space for us.
A normal NHLer would be back by early November.

Warhorse Kesler will be back for Game One.

Book it!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Strangelove wrote:
clem wrote: Kesler needs to go LTIR. Just like Salo did 2010/11. More cap space for us.
A normal NHLer would be back by early November.

Warhorse Kesler will be back for Game One.

Book it!!
Man I hope you're wrong. I'm not looking for short term success. We know whaat Kesler can do...he doesn't need to prove it. What we need is him to be healthy come next May. Send him to some exotic beach in the South Pacific ( I could carry his bags ) and rest all ready
cheers