Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:Probably cause that trade has blown up in his face, since we severely lacked any offensive flair in the playoffs after the twins while losing to the 8th place team in 5 games in the first round.

I really think MG should have waited till after the playoffs to trade Cody, anyways all we can hope for is Kass works hard this offseason to at least have some impact next season.
To be fair, the Canucks only had one of the twins for the first three games which they lost all three... If MG could foresee Keith's elbow to Daniel head, Cody might not be traded too. :evil:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Probably cause that trade has blown up in his face, since we severely lacked any offensive flair in the playoffs after the twins while losing to the 8th place team in 5 games in the first round.

I really think MG should have waited till after the playoffs to trade Cody, anyways all we can hope for is Kass works hard this offseason to at least have some impact next season.
I didn't realize that Essondale had internet.

Cody and his 18 point pace over the last half of the year is why Vancouver lost to LA.

Some people need to remove their heads from their anus but I guess the warmth and smell of fresh shit is too enticing.

BTW I aint just hacking on you SKYO but this is getting retarded.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Call me an old bitter tarded guy in coquitlam nowadays, because I don't give a fcuk if Hodgson was shitty defensively, what did that awesome supremo defensive shut down center in Pahlsson exactly provide in that short 5 game series?? a goal? It was mostly Hansen carrying that line, and he sucks offensively!

Plus I don't give a shit what Hodgson's stats were with that bottom feeder of a team in Buffalo, Canucks gave him ample opportunity somewhat to put up points, and guess what? he did exactly that...as a rookie!!! how many rookies can say they put up decent points and created a lot of scoring chances with the Canucks in recent memory?? Especially with that ass of a coach in AV throwing rookies to the wolves with the Sedin's for a game, they don't produce? instant 4th line to the AHL in 2-3 games.

High point producing players usually can't play defense worth shit and kind of stay that way anyways, but with creating scoring chances they will get paid millions, because consistently putting up points in the NHL is extremely difficult.

And I don't give a fuck if his dad was a prick and wanted more ice time for his kid, as Hodgson as a ROOKIE seemed liked he really wanted to play here and wanted to be the best, whats wrong with a young guy wanting to be the best?
Hank sucked without Danny.
Kesler sucked with his injury, once again.

The twins could move on in a couple of years and with Kesler's numerous injuries who knows what we are left with, mini-mouse Schroeder?

FUCK THAT!

Hodgson was supposed to be our future, I'm sure Cody could play a smarter game after at least a year or two in the league, but anyways he's gone and now we have to hope and build around the twins, and the suddenly injury prone Kesler.

I don't give a shit if I sound bitter, Hodgson had a lot of promise for this sad sack of low scoring producing forwards after the twins as a combo, with too many tweeners, too many two way forwards who lack natural scoring talent, especially in the crucial center position.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

You complete me Skyo.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

hook, line and sinker
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Holy crap Silent G was the messiah and we blew it?? If only we hadn't asked for Barabbas instead...

WTF people actually think that Cody would have scored enough goals to get us past LA? Not in the series I watched.
It seems there was a goalie named Quick who had a nice and tight D in front of him, who between them swallowed up virtually every first, second, and third, scoring chance... While we had a D giving up short handed goals and breakaways and turnovers virtually every period we played. Given that there is no way any single rookie was gonna make any difference whatsoever unless maybe its Bobby fucking Orr.

As for not playing Hodgson when Kesler was struggling with whatever issues during the season if you have a problem with that you know nothing about the concept of paying your dues. A rookie shuts the fuck up and plays when told and loves it. I offer one Cory Schneider as the model for how its done...

oh and that empty president's trophy should at the very least shut up complaints about the regular season, no matter what happened in the playoffs, one simply cant do any better over 82 games than first overall.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The problem I have with the Kesler injury is that he MAY have hidden the extent of it from the team. He would have done this because he knew he would have been pulled from the line up, perhaps not for surgery yet but for rehab. We didn't need to finish first, we only needed, in reality, to make the playoffs. If Kesler could not perform and did not level with the team about the extent of the injury that pisses me off. That is being selfish and putting yourself ahead of the team. Just like rushing back a month ahead of schedule from the hip injury was, in hind sight, not the best thing he could have done.

But I am speculating here, the team may have been well aware of the extent of the problems with his shoulder
The only HW the Canucks need
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Hockey Widow wrote:If Kesler could not perform and did not level with the team about the extent of the injury that pisses me off. That is being selfish and putting yourself ahead of the team.
It is a very selfish move.

That said, you'd think GMMG would have hung onto CoHo is he knew the full extent? Maybe that was part of the coaching troubles early in the new yr? Veenyo playing a hurt Kes over a "rookie" he never fully wanted in his top six? Either way, Kesler needs the rest for next year and fully expect him to return healthy and ready.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

CFP! wrote:That said, you'd think GMMG would have hung onto CoHo is he knew the full extent?
It would have been the promised land.

With Cody boat anchoring the 2nd line, after missing the playoffs, the Canucks could have waived Luongo at season's end, released him and been free of his ball and chain contract and been able to chase both Suter and Weber.

AV would have been fired prior to season's end and Ron Wilson would have whipped the troops into contending for the 12th seed.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

ukcanuck wrote:Holy crap Silent G was the messiah and we blew it?? If only we hadn't asked for Barabbas instead...

WTF people actually think that Cody would have scored enough goals to get us past LA? Not in the series I watched.
It seems there was a goalie named Quick who had a nice and tight D in front of him, who between them swallowed up virtually every first, second, and third, scoring chance... While we had a D giving up short handed goals and breakaways and turnovers virtually every period we played. Given that there is no way any single rookie was gonna make any difference whatsoever unless maybe its Bobby fucking Orr.

As for not playing Hodgson when Kesler was struggling with whatever issues during the season if you have a problem with that you know nothing about the concept of paying your dues. A rookie shuts the fuck up and plays when told and loves it. I offer one Cory Schneider as the model for how its done...

oh and that empty president's trophy should at the very least shut up complaints about the regular season, no matter what happened in the playoffs, one simply cant do any better over 82 games than first overall.
I do not want the President's trophy AGAIN. I want my team to play like they care and I want a Captain who stops giving so much gentlemanly respect to teams who beat our ass. What does the Trophy mean when a very mediocre LA team beat us in 5 games? It turns out the worst of the critics were on to something. However, it is not the guts to fight we miss. It is not the after whistle pushing and chirping we are lacking. Instead it is someone on the team who refuses to lose and COHO might have been that person. Who else? I would also get rid of Edler as he is talented but he is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

damonberryman wrote:

I would also get rid of Edler as he is talented but he is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

Sort of like a Lidstrom maybe ? tell that to Doughty in last years play-offs
cheers
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Fred wrote:
damonberryman wrote:

I would also get rid of Edler as he is talented but he is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

Sort of like a Lidstrom maybe ? tell that to Doughty in last years play-offs
That was over a year ago. Lidstrom and Edler? I assume there is a point to the names you use. Are you saying Edler is going to be the next Lidstrom? I imagine that is the point unless you are saying Lidstrom is going to be the next Edler and I find that hard to credit. Your posts have a history of being quite strong and you seem to know the game. Maybe you are right but I do not think so. I do not see the intelligence nor the leadership quality in Edler.

Eddy has a lot of tools but he is not a number one D which is what we need. I like him but was very disappointed at how he just disappeared in the LA series. On the other hand so did most of the club. If Nashville gets knocked out by the Yotes I suspect Weber will be more amenable to change. Hope so.

ON a different note I have lived in four major cities in Canada for at least a year (Calgary) and many more in TO, Montreal and Van. I have never seen such a pathetic group as the hockey writers in Van. Gallagher embarassed himself and all Canuck-land with his interview in the Boston media where he got slammed by the host and Shaun Thornton. Does he have a shut off switch?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Naw I was not suggesting that Edler is the next Lidstrom. In fact I was the poster that to the annoyance of other posters said earlier in the season that Edler had taken a step back . What i was referring to was
he is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
which is a Lidstrom style so while in fact Edler may be sugar and spice and everything nice. There is still a role that sort of players can play in the league...exhibit one Lidstrom
cheers
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I'm not concerned so much about Kesler hiding the extent of his injury. He is who he is and he doesn't want to take a night off. I think AV suspected the extent of the injury, and challenged Kesler to adapt and keep his performance up if he wasn't going to take time off to rehab the injury (hence AV's public criticisms "Use your wingers"). Playing hurt is one thing, but there are certain injuries you don't mess with and shoulders are one of them.

My concern is that his hip will never be the same because of the way he skates and trains. Now, with his shoulder I'm wondering if he can regain his performance level and stay healthy considering his style of play. He plays hard and it seems his body is starting to get brittle as a result.

Hope the long summer will sort things out. If next season plays out like last one, though, it may be best to move him - much as I would like it otherwise.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Call me an old bitter tarded guy in coquitlam nowadays, because I don't give a fcuk if Hodgson was shitty defensively, what did that awesome supremo defensive shut down center in Pahlsson exactly provide in that short 5 game series?? a goal? It was mostly Hansen carrying that line, and he sucks offensively!
That was awesome. Finally, someone speaking up about Shut Down Hockey. Why is everyone so enamored with Shut Down Hockey when we can't even fucking score. Last time I looked, scoring plays a big part in winning hockey games, if you can't score WHAT.THEFUCK. does defense matter? I fucking hate defensive forwards. All defensive forward means is "A Forward who is useless at offense" What happened to the love for scoring? Like Gillis says, "Goalie Hockey" Fuck Defense, LETS START SCORING FOR FUCK SAKES!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau