Off-Season Trade Thread - Needs/Wants

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Ched Brosky
AHL Prospect

Re: Off-Season Trade Thread - Needs/Wants

Post by Ched Brosky »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Ched Brosky wrote:To Calgary:
RW Brett Connolly

To Tampa Bay:
G Roberto Luongo
Calgary 2nd round pick (44th OVR)

To Vancouver:
LW Alex Tanguay
Detroit 1st round pick (19th OVR)

Calgary goes into rebuild mode trading their aged core for solid young roster players.
Tama Bay gets their elite goalie and yet another 2nd round pick
Canucks get their playmaking winger for Kesler. Also has some size on him.

To Philadelphia:
RW Kellan Tochkin
RW Dale Weise

To Vancouver:
RW Tom Sestito

Philadelphia gets a project and a late pick for a guy who has been a call up in his stay there, showed promise in Columbus.
Vancouver gets their Dwight King or Shawn Thornton. Better numbers than King in the AHL, only 2 years older, showed signs of a good board game in the offensive zone in Columbus. Also plays on the edge and is huge.

To Anaheim:
LW/RW Mason Raymond

To Vancouver:
Anaheim 2nd round pick (34th OVR)

Anaheim lacks winger depth, and get a 2nd/3rd line tweener with a good 2 way game and speed to burn
Vancouver gets a very early 2nd round pick. I say 34th OVR because I can't see NJD not forfeiting their pick this year.

To New York Islanders:
D Andrew Alberts

To Vancouver:
New York Islanders 4th round pick (94 OVR)

New York is low on defenders and a 4th for a #6/7 guy is not too much for them to spend
Canucks dump a contract with a high cap hit for his position on the team

Convince Manny Malhotra to retire and take up a job in management/coaching
Re-sign Cory Schneider 5 years 16M
Re-sign C/RW Byron Bitz 1 year 0.525M
Re-sign D Sami Salo 1 year 1.5M
Re-sign C/RW Steve Pinizzato 1 year 0.525M
Re-sign GEddie Lack to QO 0.660M
Re-sign D Marc-Andre Gragnani to QO 0.605M
Sign LW Tomas Holmstrom 1 year 1.5M
Sign D Justin Schultz 3 year 0.925M
Sign D Jason Garrison 4 years 16M

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Tanguay Kesler Booth
Higgins Lapierre Hansen
Sestito Schroeder Holmstrom
Bitz/Pinizzato

Edler Garrison
Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Schultz
Gragnani/Salo

Schneider
Lack

Salary Cap Payroll 62.545M
Leaves 1.755M in cap space if cap stays the same

Holmstrom plays 1st unit RW PP moving Kesler down to the 2nd unit which spreads our PP scoring.
Chris Tanev and Zack Kassian spend a year in the minors progressing.

this has mophiliohjumaji written all over it...
Hahaha no no i was just bored.
That guy would trade away half the team and sign all the top free agents
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Ched Brosky wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:
Ched Brosky wrote:To Calgary:

Leaves 1.755M in cap space if cap stays the same

Holmstrom plays 1st unit RW PP moving Kesler down to the 2nd unit which spreads our PP scoring.
Chris Tanev and Zack Kassian spend a year in the minors progressing.

this has mophiliohjumaji written all over it...
Hahaha no no i was just bored.
That guy would trade away half the team and sign all the top free agents
No, that's Glen Sather.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Being Its post #5.. and you know humanjimophlia...pls splain dis ting
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

rats19 wrote:Being Its post #5.. and you know humanjimophlia...pls splain dis ting

i was just thinking that myself...the plot thickens...
Ched Brosky
AHL Prospect

Post by Ched Brosky »

I used to post on Canucks Central. Joined the very 1st day it started. Was one of the first 100 people to register. Didn't post there too often buhh did lurk around to read peoples thoughts. prob had a couple hundred posts only there. Don't even remember my handle when I was there haha
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Ched Brosky wrote:I used to post on Canucks Central. Joined the very 1st day it started. Was one of the first 100 people to register. Didn't post there too often buhh did lurk around to read peoples thoughts. prob had a couple hundred posts only there. Don't even remember my handle when I was there haha

still smells like a DTES steetwalkers box...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Ched Brosky wrote:I used to post on Canucks Central. Joined the very 1st day it started. Was one of the first 100 people to register. Didn't post there too often buhh did lurk around to read peoples thoughts. prob had a couple hundred posts only there. Don't even remember my handle when I was there haha
Yes you do......so?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote:
Yes you do......so?
Rats be hardcore.
--

Like it or not Luongo is our main trading piece to either win us a cup or not, this is all depending on MG's trading skills, and this will make or break his career in the NHL GM world. He will be remembered for this deal for all his life, and the Aquilini's will be watching this eventual move with a microscope, if MG can't do this move, he will be a pussy for not being able to handle the pressure, Gill' is a former player agent, he's awesome at contracts, that's his specialty, hence his non existent bold moves in dealing with other GM's in major trades, this RL potential trade/or not really will define MG.

All I hope is MG doesn't trade CS for a couple of picks and try to sell us on it, saying this is the future! We gonna win the cup in 5 years!....15 years later and nothing.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

rats19 wrote:Being Its post #5.. and you know humanjimophlia...pls splain dis ting
I don't see anywhere in his proposal him anything about Vincent.

;)
2011..... the one that got away.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
I don't see anywhere in his proposal him anything about Vincent.

;)
He is being rather lecavalier about it...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Concerning Ballard, trade him straight up for a 3rd line center like Zack Smith or Brassard, seems like a logical hockey move for a team needing a top 4 dman in an expensive low supply UFA season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Over in another thread...
LotusBlossom wrote:Heard rumours from a media friend in Nashville, that Garrison is UFA 33 pts for FLA this past season wants to make the blue line here. He's 10 years younger than Sami, and for the money they are willing to dish to Salo..if we really need another guy there, he's a guy I would like to pick up.
I'd love to get Garrison and despite not having seen him much those who have talk him up like a young Sami Salo with better wheels (ie. big guy who uses his size and positioning to defend but isn't out there intimidating much, moves the puck out of his zone well and has a big shot, can play big minutes against tough competition).

That being said, given the awful pool of unrestricted free agents he is probably going to get a lot more money out of some team than Sami Salo ever has; I wouldn't be too shocked to see Garrison signing somewhere in that Ballard-Hamhuis-Bieksa range.

I don't know enough about him to say if he's worth that or not, but if he can be talked down a bit from his market value to sign here I'd certainly take a flier on him; the Canucks could add him at or around that $4m figure without subtracting a defender and still have millions left over.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

SKYO wrote:Concerning Ballard, trade him straight up for a 3rd line center like Zack Smith or Brassard, seems like a logical hockey move for a team needing a top 4 dman in an expensive low supply UFA season.

i would consider a bag of pucks and some tape a fair trade to get him off the books...
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Cap is going to $70.3 million, unless the NHLPA uses the accelerator clause which means it will go to $73.8 million.

Looks like the Nucks will have more than enough cash to get the top 6 wing, 3rd line center and top 4 D that they need. Now they just need to use assets and/or sign FA's.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Diehard1 wrote:Looks like the Nucks will have more than enough cash to get the top 6 wing, 3rd line center and top 4 D that they need. Now they just need to use assets and/or sign FA's.
Unfortunately, so do about ten other teams.